Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long do the denso plugs usually last?

How long do the denso plugs usually last?

Does anyone know how long the denso plugs are supposte to last? I have about 17k on mine and am getting a little cold start stumble. The stumble feels like fouled plugs. It comes and goes, and it just started a couple of days ago. I think its time to buy another set. I havent pulled them yet, just thought i'd ask the group. And this is in dennis' forum because i got them from him, and i feel he knows best.

Thanks everyone..

Oh, and thanks dennis for taking care of us.
    Dave

300a
    production date 06-05-02
    686 of 7838
    Trilogy Supercharged #159
    NV "MARAUDR"

Joshua, Texas (between Burleson & Cleburne)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Compson
    Does anyone know how long the denso plugs are supposte to last? I have about 17k on mine and am getting a little cold start stumble. The stumble feels like fouled plugs. It comes and goes, and it just started a couple of days ago. I think its time to buy another set. I havent pulled them yet, just thought i'd ask the group. And this is in dennis' forum because i got them from him, and i feel he knows best.

Thanks everyone..

I had the cold start stumble at about 4,000 miles on the denso plugs. I thought it was from sitting- I don't use the MM every day. I found some empty highway and did some 120+mph runs and it went away and has never returned. I don't know why it worked but it did. Might be worth a shot.

In a couple of hours, i am driving from vegas to san diego. I am sure that will help clean things out a bit. Thanks for the reply.
    Dave

300a
    production date 06-05-02
    686 of 7838
    Trilogy Supercharged #159
    NV "MARAUDR"

Gee, just hate to hear that you HAVE to run it that fast Just what we all need another excuse

Pull them and check them. Mine were in bad shape after 12k. One had no electrode left. I posted pics in the gallery back in the day.
    2017 Niro

Question

Quote Originally Posted by CRUZTAKER
    Pull them and check them. Mine were in bad shape after 12k. One had no electrode left. I posted pics in the gallery back in the day.
    I thought that these Denso Plugs were top of the line stuff, why all the shortcomings and short life status ?
    Carlos
    '03 Marauder 300A
    • Built 8-23-02
    • TRADED IN

Dennis once said 60K or better, and I've got about 20K on my IT-22ss, no problems to report. But, my MM gets regular exercise in the upper RPMs too. I would think that any carbon build up from low use would kill the Densos.

Quote Originally Posted by SergntMac
    Dennis once said 60K or better....
    That's funny! I'm trying to find the thread from last winter regarding the IT-20's, it was either in the thread or a phone call, but I was told otherwise....WAAAAAY otherwise.
    2017 Niro

Denso's

Direct from the horse's mouth:

Q. How long will Iridium Last?
    A. Iridium use represents the most significant technological advance in automotive spark plug manufacturing, since platinum was introduced in the early eighties. As vehicle manufacturers produce increasingly complex and efficient automobiles, there is a greater need for long-life plugs that can tolerate leaner fuel mixtures and improved combustion processes. DENSO has responded to this need by developing its Iridium alloy, originally for OE applications. For example, many newer Lexus’ and Toyota models carry an ultra long-life Iridium plug variation (.7mm with platinum tipped ground) that is capable of up to 120,000 miles of service. DENSO Iridium Power plugs, with their .4mm center electrode, have been developed for performance applications. Because gradual wear will “round-off” firing points over time, the concentrated firing power and voltage requirement benefits will be reduced. For this reason, DENSO advises replacement after 30,000 miles.
    Smokie
    12.79 @ 107 mph.
    60' 1.851 Street tires & Stock wheels.
    TIMESLIPS
    Performance Mods: Base Trilogy Kit, Exhaust, PHP Airbox.
    Visit my Garage
    Florida "The Supercharged State"

OOOps...Well then, guess I had better order a new set...Thanks!

denso's at 10k miles.

I just pulled mine & replaced them after 10000 miles. They looked great, with no variation in color or obvious wear. I numbered the old ones & will check gap by cylinder just to see. Conclusion, they're fine & i'll put them back in after I put 20k on this set.
    BUCKWHEAT 03 MM 300A-August, '02 mfgr, black w/ blue metallic clearcoat, 94,000 miles, Texid stroker 5.0, #15 Kool-Aide w/ SnakeBite porting, Venom cooling, and upgraded to M122, 3873 of 7839

schuvwj Guest

Post How long do the denso plugs usually last?

My Denso's only lasted about 9,000 miles when the electrodes began to break off on two of the eight plugs so I repalced them with Motocraft AWSFA-12C at about 1/4 the cost of the Denso's.
    The AWSFA-12C plugs are two ranges colder than 4.6L stock plugs and I drove her everyday this winter with no problems.
    I've had the Motocraft AWSFA-12C in now for about 14,000 miles. I need to pull a couple and see how they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Compson

Thanks everyone..

The plugs should last 60k they have a warranty if you have problems I will replace them for FREE

'NUF SAID!!!!!
    No Marauder

schuvwj Guest

Question How long do the denso plugs usually last?

Nuf said!!!

What was said?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information