Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: i want to be in the low 13s

Quote Originally Posted by Smalldogg/03mm View Post
    What's the pros and cons about Nos.. Don't hear a lot of us here doing that..

Antoine
    I use a 100shot with a bottle heater and purge. Had it dyno tuned it got 368hp I think. Hits hard out of the hole. See my signature for 1/4 mile times. I only have used it on the track. Has been a couple times I have sprayed on the street.
    Pros
    cheap power
    If you don't want to use it shut it off
    It's safe in low doses (after a dyno tune).
    It makes a cool PSSST sound with the purge valve

Cons
    You run out of bottle your done
    You can blow up the motor if your not carful or if your to care free
    (do your research on how big of jets to use)
    It's not always under your right foot like a super charger or even better a turbo
    You can find good used kits for under $800 with two bottles, heater and purge.
    Any other questions just pm me ill answer them all if I can.
    Last edited by LOWBUCKMM; 04-17-2012 at 06:28 PM.
    Nitrous, a TURBO, 4.10's, are like a hot blonde with a STD, you really want to hit it but you are just afraid of the consequences.

Best e/t 12.7 @108mph with a 1.9 60' on eagle f1.
    best on e/t streets 12.40 @108 with a 1.6 60'<---- finally NOT faster then justbob.

I want to go with some NOS so bad but i cannot afford to burn my motor up at all because I drive my car everyday but I only want to use it at the track but im thinking of getting a 100 shot I want it sooooo bad

Let me say this again.... NA SVT is spot on and I LOVE my 4.30's! Highway RPM at 76 is 2750 and I get 20 MPG.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...ad.php?t=77026

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk
    Last edited by justbob; 04-19-2012 at 05:57 PM.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

N20 might be an option but in my experience with an '06 Mustang GT adding headers,high flow cats, CAI, tune, Detroit Rocker cams, & 3:73's in hindsight I should have done what Lidio did to his Mustangs. Just put a big honkin' Whipple kit on it, leave everything else basically stock, run quick times and keep some streetability to it. If I mod the MM, it will be done that way. For me, the loud, hard shiftin', scary on rain car got a little old even as a weekend car. If that's what you want, have fun! Of course you have leeway in the tune, but dyno time costs $$$.
    2003 MM 300A VIN#612384 #950 of 1093. 111k miles. Born 6/10/02.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Let me say this again.... NA SVT is spot on and I LOVE my 4.30's! Highway RPM at 76 is 2750 and I get 20 MPG.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...ad.php?t=77026

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk
    nasvt is bang on with the gears.

I have 4.30s in the mach1, with a 26" (well, 25.6") tire, and it's bang on for this motor on the street. If I had cobra cams, I'd want 4.56s, to get the absolute most out of it in the 1/4.

The MM will likely get 4.30s though despite the bigger tires, because I will be using the mustang's 26" tires at the track. I could probably get away with more gear, as it's far away from running out of gear at the other end of the track in NA form; but it does have a dry nitrous kit on it, which I might start using at some point...

With regards to the underdrive pulleys, I've had those on my 96gt; didn't make a whole lot of difference, but then again nothing did on that car. The main difference I've noticed was that the alternator was getting overloaded at idle or close to idle, as the headlights were dimming with the stereo on. On the mach1 I went with an electric water pump instead; the water pump basically is an electric motor with a freewheeling pulley as a result. The end result is, same 10-12hp gain across the band, better cooling in stop and go traffic (electric wp flows constant rate, not like the belt driven one), but it did cost 350 bucks for the pump and ~35 for the wiring kit/relay. I will probably do that on the MM as well instead of the UDPs.
    3 mod motor vehicles
    2 32v
    1 marauder.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread Information