Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: An old myth Dies:

An old myth Dies:

atleast it should die.....the "myth" that I'm speaking of is the one that's been propogated by some of our fellow members of this board, which holds the claim that the roots type Supercharger such as the one included in the Trilogy kit will provide "Too Much Low-end Torque", and therefore all of that torque will not be useable during acceleration off the line in a 1/4 mile race.

All I can say to that myth, is that while I do NOT knock our fellow board members who cling on to that theory, and while they are entitled to their opinion just like anyone else is, I DO fully disagree w/them on that since I KNOW that this claim is based on nothing more than MYTHOLOGY. Yes, I know that it's mythical, and you can know too simply by taking a look at my signature below to view my 1/4 mile 60' time at the track of a mere 1.6 seconds which is right there w/Lidio's car. And if anyone doubts my word on that, or questions my integrity, then they can simply take a look at our timeslip data base here on the board where I have posted not one, but two of my timeslips which both list 60' times of 1.6 seconds.

Listen friends, you can't acheive a 1.6 second 60' time w/a 2ton vehicle if your tires are spinning. And those 60' times were acheived w/nothing more than drag radials that I also use on the street and are ofcourse steet legal. I was NOT using slicks. My point is, that here I am w/not only the Eaton/Trilogy ROOTS type blower sitting on top of the engine in my Marauder, but in addition to that I also have 4.56 gears in the rear of that car, as well as a 3000 RPM stall speed. All the makings of potentially out of control tire spin upon the launch. However despite all of those factors, and all the claims in the past of the roots type blower having "TOO MUCH" Low-end torque, here I am having acheived the absolute best 60' time, and therefore the best launch of any Marauder owner on this board w/the exception of only one, and that only one happens to be using Nitrous oxide in addition to the Trilogy S/Cer on his Marauder, and ofcourse that would be Lidio.

So I hope this fact that my car has hooked up so well in two back to back 1/4 mile runs will lay to rest those notions, or atleast the claims that the roots type blower will produce "too much" torque to be utilized upon the launch, and that in itself should be a valid reason for choosing a centrifugal type S/Cer for your Marauder instead of a Trilogy ROOTS type Supercharger. Because that claim and/or notion is just plain false, and I've proven that it is w/my Marauder.

And if anyone still wants to argue about this, than I welcome you to challenge me at any track in the tri-state area w/your own Marauder. If you have a centrifugal S/Cer on a Marauder that is making less than 500 HP to the wheels, then feel free to try and acheive a better 60' time than I can w/my car. If you dare to claim that you can, then I'll meet you at any track in these three states (CT, NY., or NJ) and I'll prove you wrong, as long as you aren't running slicks.

And BTW, if anyone plans on doing that, then you better be prepared to bring some $$ w/you to the track because if you're going to decide to get me out of my homestate (there really aren't any tracks in CT) simply to prove you wrong, then you're going to have to make it worth my while.
    Last edited by BillyGman; 06-17-2004 at 09:51 AM.

Oh...I thought this was about "Don't go swimming right after you eat...or you'll get "cramps"....

...And I never grew hair on my palms...
    Michael Floyd
    2004 300B

MARAUDER S/C #5 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyGman
    atleast it should die.....the "myth" that I'm speaking of is the one that's been propogated by some of our fellow members of this board, which holds the claim that the roots type Supercharger such as the one included in the Trilogy kit will provide "Too Much Low-end Torque", and therefore all of that torque will not be useable during acceleration off the line in a 1/4 mile race.

All I can say to that myth, is that while I do NOT knock our fellow board members who cling on to that theory, and while they are entitled to their opinion just like anyone else, I DO fully disagree w/them on that since I KNOW that this claim is based on nothing more than MYTHOLOGY. Yes, I know that it's mythical, and you can know too simply by taking a look at my signature below to view my 1/4 mile 60' time at the track of a mere 1.6 seconds which is right there w/Lidio's car. And if anyone doubts my word on that, or questions my integrity, then they can simply take a look at our timeslip data base here on the board where I have posted not one, but two of my timeslips which both list 60' times of 1.6 seconds.

Listen friends, you can't acheive a 1.6 second 60' time w/a 2ton vehicle if your tires are spinning.And those 60' times were acheived w/nothing more than drag radils that i also use on the street and are ofcourse steet legal. I was NOT using slicks. My point is that here I am w/not only the Eaton/Trilogy ROOTS type blower sitting on top of the engine in my Marauder, but in addition to that I also have 4.56 gears in the rear of that car, as well as a 3000 RPM stall speed. All the makings of potentially out of control tire spin upon the launch. However despite all of those factors, and all the claims in the past or the roots type blower having "TOO MUCH" Low-end torque, here I am having acheived the absolute best 60' time, and therefore the best launch of any Marauder owner on this board w/the exception of only one, and that only one happens to be using Nitrous oxide in addition to the Trilogy S/Cer on his Marauder, and ofcourse that would be Lidio.

So I hope this fact that my car has hooked up so well in two back to back 1/4 mile runs will lay to rest those notions, or atleast the claims that the roots type blower will produce "too much" torque to be utilized upon the launch, and that in itself should be a valid reason for choosing a centrifugal type S/Cer for your Marauder instead of a Trilogy ROOTS type Supercharger. Because that claim and/or notion is just plain false, and I've proven that it is w/my Marauder.
    Lets not forget to mention the widened rims and Nitto drag radials. Without these we would not be able to achieve the low numbers we are getting. I notice a huge difference in my launch now, with hardly any tire spin.

Billy, I think both the kits are great with pros and cons to each. I myself do not mind so much being a little faster or slower than the other as I have no intention of going to a track, thats just me. I just have always liked fast cars. I know that the 94 Lt-1 Camaro w/ performance exhaust and a couple of other goodies I traded in (boy was that stupid in retrospect) with 29K miles for my MM would kill any N/A MM and I frankly was disappointed initially hence my mods to date. Still looking for a faster car than what I had with 4 door luxury. I wish you lived near me so I could drive your car and experience it for myself. One of my problems is that noone near me is S/C. I'm hoping if some of the clubs have a big meet in a couple of mos. in GA I will have the opportunity to drive both and see what I like. I think custom tuning is important for each kit.
    Empty Garage, but Fat bank account

sure, I DID mention the drag radials. perhaps I edited my post after you read it. But anyway, like I've also pointed out, that 60' time was NOT acheived using slicks, but tires that are legal for street use. Let any Marauder that centrifugal S/Cer equipped have these same tires, and I still don't believe that they will hook up any better than my car will, nor will they obtain a 60' time as good as mine.

Less filling!
    Self-importance is our greatest enemy. Think about it - what weakens us is feeling offended by the deeds and misdeeds of our fellowmen. Our self-importance requires that we spend most of our lives offended by someone. -- Carlos Castaneda

tmac, I don't know if your camaro would've beat MY MM when it was N/A since I was turning consistent 13.5 ET's. However, that was in the cold weather. The car at that time was good for 13.8's and 13.7's in the warm air.

But whatever the case, a camaro that's modified should beat a N/A Marauder. It's a considerably lighter car, and has more cubes under the hood than a Marauder does. So if it can't beat a Marauder w/the same level of modifications, then it's a dog.

But let me point out that it seems that everybody wants to drive a S/Ced Marauder BEFORE they purchase a kit for themselves. What's up w/that? Don't you believe the timeslips that many of us Trilogy S/Ced guys have posted? If you do, then why do you need to drive one of our cars first? I'm done offering to let people who I've never even met before a chance to drive my Marauder. You know why? I didn't drive one before I purchased my Supercharger. Furthermore the last guy who had to drive my car, hasn't even made any move that I know of to purchase one for himself. So I must admit that I kinda wonder why he actually wanted to drive my car. I'm really wondering if it was simply because he just wanted the chance to beat on a S/Ced Marauder w/out having to fork out the cash like I have to buy a S/Cer himself. I can't say for sure, but I really wonder about that.

I cannot accuse you of that since I don't really know your motives. But as for me, no more freebies coming outta my car unless I've already offered it to somebody, or it's to someone I actually know. So what can I say?
    Last edited by BillyGman; 06-17-2004 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by duhtroll
    Less filling!
    "TASTES GREAT!!".........

But let me point out that everybody wants to drive a S/Ced Marauder BEFORE they purchase a kit for themselves. What's up w/that? Don't you believe the timeslips that many of us S/Ced guys have posted? if you do, then why do you need to drive one of our cars first? I'm done offering to let people who I've never even met before a chance to drive my marauder. You know why? I didn't drive one before I purchased my Supercharger. Furthermore the last guy who had to drive my car, hasn't even made any move that I know of to purchase one for himself. So what the frak did he want to drive my car for? I'll tel you why. because he just wanted the chance to beat on a S/ced Marauder w/out having to fork out the cash like I have to buy one himself!!!!
    If people's sole objective was a fast ET, they would not have choosen a MM in the first place, eh? I would ask that you read my post HERE as to why reasonable intelligent people not out to beat on your MM might seek a test drive.
    Dave

Please, I don't care to split hairs over this, eh? Weather you want to race at the track or not, if you're genuinely interested in S/Cing your vehicle regardless of what your vehicle is (Marauder or not) then you're into driving fast. Why else would you sincerely contemplate spending thousands of dollars to S/C your Marauder unless you have nothing better to do w/your money???? Let's be real.

But listen M79, I understand that you wanted to see how well mannered a S/ced marauder is, or IF it is at all, and that's fine. I'm glad that you see that they are because I'm sure that all of the S/ced marauders are weather they be of the Trilogy variety or the Reinhart or Kenny Brown variety.

But I wasn't very pleased when one of the guys who drove my Marauder told me that he had driven a Trilogy equipped Marauder before since he didn't reveal that until after he got behind the wheel of my car and he was hammering the gas pedal down. Let me point out that I told him that he could get on it a WOT but that was before he revealed to me that he had previously driven a Trilogy equipped Marauder.
    Last edited by BillyGman; 06-17-2004 at 02:09 PM.

But listen M79, I understand that you wanted to see how well mannered a S/ced marauder is, or IF it is at all, and that's fine. I'm glad that you see that they are because I'm sure that all of the S/ced marauders are weather they be of the Trilogy variety or the Reinhart or Kenny Brown variety.
    I can't imagine there would be serious differences in the characteristics I spoke of between any supercharged application for the MM. My reservation (prior to the test drive) came from prior experiences with cars with big power like that. They were brutal and unpleasant for everyday use. For beating around town, street racing, track racing they were purpose built. I was real happy that didn't happen with the MM with the power turned up.

but I wasn't very pleased when the guy who drove my marauder last told me that he had driven a Trilogy equipped Marauder before since he didn't reveal that until after he got behind the wheel of my car and he was hammering the gas pedal down. let me point out that I told him that he could get on it a WOT but that was when i was lead to believe that he had never driven a S/Ced Marauder before. NOT too cool. So he ruined it for all other people who might want to drive my car who I don't really know.
    The more open you are, the more expressive you are, the more helpful you are will result in more frequent exposure to obtuse people. It was nice of you to let perfect strangers drive your MM. Pulling back a little and perhaps "pre-qualifying" people a little better might be a way to limit your exposure to such bone heads. Don't close the door completely... never know when I may be in the area and in need of a fast ride!
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Agent M79
    I It was nice of you to let perfect strangers drive your MM. Pulling back a little and perhaps "pre-qualifying" people a little better might be a way to limit your exposure to such bone heads. Don't close the door completely... never know when I may be in the area and in need of a fast ride!
    I don't let ANYBODY drive MY car...

Quote Originally Posted by TAF
    I don't let ANYBODY drive MY car...
    You so crazy. If it weren't for your car my kid would have dehydrated into a pile of dust and blew away. He'd had enough of dyno runs and had to get to the pool!
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by duhtroll
    Less filling!
    Tastes Great ..... the debate continues.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information