Thread: Radio Stuck

Radio Stuck

I have the radio removal wire inserts from a friend who just installed a new radio, and the right side comes loose, but not the left. In one of the left holes (the top) a short section of pot metal rod got broken off down in there. I had three pieces of brazing rod but not a fourth, so used a piece of rod that broke off, not my finest thought. I figure 1” is down in there. I get the wire insert all the way down, but it won’t free the left side. Any ideas? The old radio is junk, I don’t care if it gets wrecked but have to get it out. Q: with the right side loose is there something I can wedge down the left side to free it up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2003 black pre-decontented 300B #5886 of 7838; Born on 10/31/02
    MartyO tune, 4:10's, T/A stud & girdle, MMX shaft+DS loop, Metco control arms, Quickor RSB, Addco FSB, Megs delete tips, Granatelli solid coil connectors, NGK plugs & LP 170 stat, DR rear engine cooling mod, PI 3000 TC, Level II tranny, Art Carr deep pan, Steeda pullies/billet caps, billet door locks, Ford Racing oil cap / polished coil covers, PHP CAK & Metco carbon fiber intake, DG Motorsports CF radiator cover, Fumoto oil drain valve, oil deflector, real Autometer gauges, ScanGauge II, Weatherflectors, underbody lighting kit, Zack chrome grill, OEM spoiler & door edge guards, KB dead pedal, Dynopro aluminum sills & pedals, Viper alarm w/ remote start, MM fender badges, red painted calipers, SS inserts, Silverstar Ultras, hood bumpers, 35% tints, Gorilla lug nuts, MM valve caps, Pro-Guard, DD trunk lid liner, CM UHI kit, CM Godshead rear & steering wheel badges, S-55 badge, FilterMag, MM trunk bib, ported sub-woofer.

Just remove the entire dash bezel with the radio if you cant get the radio to release. dont forget the 2 screws above the speedo area.
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

Quote Originally Posted by Turbov6Bryan View Post
    Just remove the entire dash bezel with the radio if you cant get the radio to release. dont forget the 2 screws above the speedo area.
    So, it's just screws holding the dash bezel in place? I guarantee if it requires snapping molded plastic pieces into place I'm going to break something. Thanks for the info, and I'll take a look.
    MartyO tune, 4:10's, T/A stud & girdle, MMX shaft+DS loop, Metco control arms, Quickor RSB, Addco FSB, Megs delete tips, Granatelli solid coil connectors, NGK plugs & LP 170 stat, DR rear engine cooling mod, PI 3000 TC, Level II tranny, Art Carr deep pan, Steeda pullies/billet caps, billet door locks, Ford Racing oil cap / polished coil covers, PHP CAK & Metco carbon fiber intake, DG Motorsports CF radiator cover, Fumoto oil drain valve, oil deflector, real Autometer gauges, ScanGauge II, Weatherflectors, underbody lighting kit, Zack chrome grill, OEM spoiler & door edge guards, KB dead pedal, Dynopro aluminum sills & pedals, Viper alarm w/ remote start, MM fender badges, red painted calipers, SS inserts, Silverstar Ultras, hood bumpers, 35% tints, Gorilla lug nuts, MM valve caps, Pro-Guard, DD trunk lid liner, CM UHI kit, CM Godshead rear & steering wheel badges, S-55 badge, FilterMag, MM trunk bib, ported sub-woofer.

Quote Originally Posted by Svashtar View Post
    So, it's just screws holding the dash bezel in place? I guarantee if it requires snapping molded plastic pieces into place I'm going to break something. Thanks for the info, and I'll take a look.
    Just screws (7mm). Put a towel over the steering column cover to prevent scratches. You also have to unplug the headlight switch. Pop it out of the dash and pug it in so the headlights don't stay on.

There are screws across the bottom of the dash trim also.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Radio Stuck

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    Just screws (7mm). Put a towel over the steering column cover to prevent scratches. You also have to unplug the headlight switch. Pop it out of the dash and pug it in so the headlights don't stay on.

There are screws across the bottom of the dash trim also.
    Thanks, I’ll give it a try.

Just looked and see the two obvious screws above the instruments but nothing else. Dash trim? Does something have to be removed to show those, because I’m not seeing them.

Last edited by Svashtar; 02-20-2024 at 07:13 PM.

Radio Stuck

Quote Originally Posted by SilverPhoenix View Post
    LOL! Thanks for the link, never thought someone would make a YouTube video about it, but should have checked!
    What a PITA though! Might as well see about those LED bulbs he mentions as well as long as I have it apart. And I won’t be removing the radio halfway through like he does.

Last edited by Svashtar; 02-21-2024 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Svashtar View Post
    LOL! Thanks for the link, never thought someone would make a YouTube video about it, but should have checked!
    What a PITA though! Might as well see about those LED bulbs he mentions as well as long as I have it apart. And I won’t be removing the radio halfway through like he does.

PM me if you need the LEDs.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Thread Information