Thread: Air suspension issue

Air suspension issue

Flew to Texas during Easter to visit relatives; left on 30 March and returned late on 3 April. The next day after getting back, went to hop in MM and noticed the rear was bottomed out...had never seen it sit that low before in my 13 years of ownership. I know it wasn't like that before I left for Texas, as I would have immediately noticed it. I started car up, no warning lights and I heard the compressor kick on, but it ran the usual amount of time like it always does even though I was expecting it to run longer since rear was super low. Drove to my destination, which was just 2 miles away and when I got out of car it still seemed to be low, but was not bottomed out. When I got back in car to go home, the compressor kicked on before I even cranked engine and I thought, "there it goes! now it will get to where it's supposed to be". Got home and it looked okay, but still looked a little low..."my mind is just playing tricks on me", I thought and went in house.

Yesterday when I went outside to do some bush-whacking, noticed it was bottomed out again. I checked air suspension switch to ensure it was on. Air compressor kicks on and the car does rise, but the same thing again today when I went out to finish up some yardwork...bottomed out.

Would it be possible for an air bag to develop a leak while sitting for 5 days, even though it sat for over a year in 2020-21 and had no issues then?

I'm stumped as to why my car has become a low-rider after sitting for 5 days...

Kyle Can you see the condition of the air bags
    The ones in my 03 looked bad for a long time and finally one day just gave up.Also look and see if the rod on the height sensor located on the watts link has fallen off.

Today started car up and the air bag light flashed on for a second...never seen that before. It appears the passenger side air bag has a leak as the driver's side sits fine, but the passenger side sits lower. Time to replace 'em...

If you want to come by Wednesday weather permitting or sometime after next weekend I can put it up on the lift and check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangeddie View Post
    If you want to come by Wednesday weather permitting or sometime after next weekend I can put it up on the lift and check it out.
    Yeah, I was planning on giving you a call this evening or tomorrow. I've got to have some dental work done on Tuesday, so the timing couldn't be any better...lol. Wednesday looks like rain...we can figure it out when I call you.

So just to get closure on this thread, I went over to mustangeddie's place yesterday and got it up in the air and both bags are in bad shape and the passenger side bag was leaking air. Ordered new Suncore bags last night and plan to head back over to Ed's place to install them.

Thread Information