Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top cars: men vs. women

Wink I have a plan... will it keep you outta trouble...Hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluerauder
    I hinted at a Superchips Tuner for Father's Day ... She asked "What does that do?? " I proudly said "It adds 25 horsepower and 35 lb-ft of torque !! " Wrong answer .... she noted that it would just increase my chances of getting in trouble. Ya know ... she is probably right again. I hate when that happens. After 30 years, their ain't a whole lot that I can hide anymore.
    I think we need to take a ride...{hint..hint}
    Saorsa gu Brath
    (Freedon Forever)

Si vis pacem para bellum
    (If you want peace, prepare for war)

Μολὼν λαβέ
    (Come and take them)

Stann saam of sterf allen
    (Stand together or die alone)

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
    (Fortune Favors the Brave)

Antes morrer livres que em paz sujeitos
    (Rather die as free men than be enslaved in peace)

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants alike. It is the tree's natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution guarantees our rights as American citizens, the 2nd Amendment protects those rights

"THE BLACK BOMBER"

Thumbs up Stealth = COOL!!

I agree with the Plain look Billy.
    I wish there were no letters or badges on the car. I did the Badge mod, cause I don't like the hockey sticks at all.
    I would also like a plain rear bumper, but the fact is, it is embossed, and you cannot read it until you are only a few steps away. It appears to me, they(Mercury) did not care enough to complement the embossing to be able to read what it says. That is why I put the inserts on.
    As I said, you are entitled to like whatever you wish, I just find it hard to understand, that you would not purchace the Marauder because of some letters on the rear bumper.
    Anyway I am glad you did purchace your Marauder and found this site, cause if not, I would not have learned so much and I would not have this real cool vid, that I show everyone who shows even a remote interest, in our cause!
    Your Fan
    Bradley G - Man
    Sorry I was off topic
    I will add I think the Marauder generally, does not appeal to woman, At least not to the degree that it does to us!
    Though after a week of driving the other family mobile(E-15o conversion van)My wife asked me, "when can I have the Car back?"
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyGman
    I like the fact that you cannot see the "Marauder" letters on my back bumper until you get close to the car. I wish that they weren't on there at all. But because they aren't that visible, then it doesn't bother me. If they were, then it would depend how big they were. If they were like the inserts that people from here buy, then I'd look for a way to either remove them, or get another bumper (perhaps from a Crown Vic). If they were huge, as well as on other places of the car too, then I definately wouldn't have bought the car even if it came with a supercharger. Because to me that's just gay. It's in the same league as pretty lights all over the car, or a chain steering wheel, or 22" spoked wheels.

Who cares if your car is a "Marauder" or not? I don't think having the word "Marauder" splashed all over your car (or any other name) makes it any more impressive. If it looks good, then it looks good. If it doesn't, then it doesn't, no matter what name is attached to it. Just my preference though. I might be in the minority like you said, but that doesn't change my mind about this. LOL....okay Brad, you've been successful as getting me on my soapbox today. (I know, that isn't difficult to do, right? ).....
    Last edited by Bradley G; 06-08-2005 at 05:33 PM.
    2004 Trilogy #93P 12.2@113 Built and stalled

Flattery will get you nowhere!!! LOL.......hey, it's all just a matter of preference. I can't judge people solely on how their car looks (nor do I). It's just a car, and there's a lot more to people than their car.

She who must be obeyed.

I remember when I wanted to buy a 99 Mustang GT, my wife was totally against it. Impracticle, we have two kids, it was a stick; blah blah blah...

I said it was either a Mustang or a twenty year old blond.

Her reply: "Go get your damm Mustang!"

I wonder if any cars make both list's.

I actually only cared for about 4 of the manly cars, the following statements are based on a simple majority of at least 51%...ok.

Women are not more practical than men at all, cars are just not what the average woman gives a fig about. Have you ever know a woman that is practical about buying jewels, shoes, purses or houses???? Practical??? Yeah sure.
    Last edited by Smokie; 06-08-2005 at 05:58 PM.
    Smokie
    12.79 @ 107 mph.
    60' 1.851 Street tires & Stock wheels.
    TIMESLIPS
    Performance Mods: Base Trilogy Kit, Exhaust, PHP Airbox.
    Visit my Garage
    Florida "The Supercharged State"

Quote Originally Posted by Smokie
    Women are not more practical than men at all, cars are just not what the average woman gives a fig about. Have you ever know a woman that is practical about buying jewels, shoes, purses or houses????
    No, I haven't known any women to be practical while buying those things. And to that list, you can add wedding expenses too.

Thumbs up Mines not like that!

It's funny, I try and get my wife to throw away her old clothes and shoes, to buy new ones!

She always puts us (me and the Kids) first, she never buys expensive jewelry or stuff like that.
    Bradley G

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley G
    It's funny, I try and get my wife to throw away her old clothes and shoes, to buy new ones!

She always puts us (me and the Kids) first, she never buys expensive jewelry or stuff like that.
    Bradley G
    That's why I included my disclaimer:

the following statements are based on a simple majority of at least 51%...ok.
    Smokie
    12.79 @ 107 mph.
    60' 1.851 Street tires & Stock wheels.
    TIMESLIPS
    Performance Mods: Base Trilogy Kit, Exhaust, PHP Airbox.
    Visit my Garage
    Florida "The Supercharged State"

Jaguar "Skate"

Note that guys buy the coupe. The convetible outsells the coupe by 15 to one. All the convertibles (well almost) get sold to women.

Top 10 cars for men

6. Jaguar XK8 coupe, $69,830
    BUCKWHEAT 03 MM 300A-August, '02 mfgr, black w/ blue metallic clearcoat, 94,000 miles, Texid stroker 5.0, #15 Kool-Aide w/ SnakeBite porting, Venom cooling, and upgraded to M122, 3873 of 7839

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKWHEAT
    Note that guys buy the coupe. The convetible outsells the coupe by 15 to one. All the convertibles (well almost) get sold to women.

Top 10 cars for men

6. Jaguar XK8 coupe, $69,830
    HMMMM, interesting. I never did like convertibles myslef, and never saw what the big attraction was. I always figured that if I wanted the wind in my face, I'd jump on one of the motorcylces I used to own. And convertible cars always looked like bathtubs on wheels to me.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGman
    And to that list, you can add wedding expenses too.
    You had to bring that up, didn't you !! If you establish a budget, make sure they understand that it is "all inclusive" and more of a "firm ceiling" rather than a mere suggestion. That's OK, it'll all be over soon !!
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKWHEAT
    Closed cars are easier to drive fast. Convertibles tend to have more flexible chassis and won't handle as well.

However, if the point is picking up women, convertibles are the way to go.
    Dan

Rest area, rest home -- what difference does it make? I'm sure Grandma enjoyed seeing all those big trucks pulling in and out.

Talking Which way?

Top Down?

Bradley G

Quote Originally Posted by dwasson
    Closed cars are easier to drive fast. Convertibles tend to have more flexible chassis and won't handle as well.

However, if the point is picking up women, convertibles are the way to go.

I'm reminded of P. J. O'Rourke's line:

"There are a number of mechanical devices which increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief among these is the Mercedes-Benz 380SL convertible."
    Dan

Rest area, rest home -- what difference does it make? I'm sure Grandma enjoyed seeing all those big trucks pulling in and out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information