Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Trilogy top-end speed

TechHeavy Guest

Trilogy top-end speed

Do any of you other Trilogy guys know what the top-end speed of our MM with the Trilogy S/C and the stock 3:55 gears?
    If not, how could this be tested... I mean, what kind of track would one go to find out?
    I'd like to know just for comparison purposes with other high performance vehicles. For example, we all know the '03 Z06 top-end speed is around 180mph... I'm just curious how our Trilogy equipped MM compares to this.

Anyone know?
    Thanks

MI2QWK4U Guest
    Dave, I had mine up to around 165 mph at Michigan International Speedway in the front staightway last year at a SAAC meet. There was a lot more left, seat of the pants guess was maybe 20-30 more mph. I was around 400 rwhp with 3:73 gears.

Dave,

It seems I remember reading about the FHP MM's and one LEO had his just over 140, and was still pulling .

As far as an S/C'er, I have not heard.

I was a passenger once in a '68 GTX, doing 135. But that is a fast as I have been in a vehicle.

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by TechHeavy
    Do any of you other Trilogy guys know what the top-end speed of our MM with the Trilogy S/C and the stock 3:55 gears?
    If not, how could this be tested... I mean, what kind of track would one go to find out?
    I'd like to know just for comparison purposes with other high performance vehicles. For example, we all know the '03 Z06 top-end speed is around 180mph... I'm just curious how our Trilogy equipped MM compares to this.

Anyone know?
    Thanks

With stock gears and a chip to remove the speed limiter, you will shift into fourth the width of the speedo needle past 140.

TechHeavy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MI2QWK4U
    Dave, I had mine up to around 165 mph at Michigan International Speedway in the front staightway last year at a SAAC meet. There was a lot more left, seat of the pants guess was maybe 20-30 more mph. I was around 400 rwhp with 3:73 gears.
    Sweet. I wanted to go to MIS recently for the Red Cross drive, but they limited the track speed to only 35mph so I passed.
    Good deal, this is the kind of feedback I was hoping for. I read about "this car" that goes 200mph, and "that car" that goes 195mph, and it made me wonder.

Hmmm... so in theory, maybe 180-195mph? Good Lord!

TechHeavy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MM2004
    Dave,

It seems I remember reading about the FHP MM's and one LEO had his just over 140, and was still pulling .

As far as an S/C'er, I have not heard.

I was a passenger once in a '68 GTX, doing 135. But that is a fast as I have been in a vehicle.

Mike.
    Seems like the FHP needs a faster speedometer huh Mike?

TechHeavy Guest
    Dave, did you have the O/D engaged at 165mph?

Response from Jerry Barnes

Virgil Woodward from Alabama said he took his stock Trilogy Supercharged Marauder with 3:55 gears on a new stretch of highway that was not open as yet and ran the car at 185mph. His good friend was a State Trooper and clocked him with a radar gun. Virgil said he asked the Trooper if he wanted to drive the car afterwards and the Trooper said, are you crazy! Virgil is a Wild Man!

If you need to speak to Virgil, I will post his telephone number later.

Thanks

MI2QWK4U Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TechHeavy
    Dave, did you have the O/D engaged at 165mph?

Uhhh, don't remember! I was holding on to tight!

Uhhh, don't remember! I was holding on to tight!
    I wasn't there...but let me remind you Dave...

YES.

This car with an OEM trans needs shifted out of third somewhere between 132 and 142 depending on the final gears. No super duper blower of any sort changes this.

It doesn't matter if it has a trilogy or not. Yours, mine, and the next door neighbor's all run similiar top end speeds. Although the relationship between the two is indeed intriguing to the masses.

What baffled me then, and still does now...how exactly did you (Dave) determine your top speed of 165? Was there a fellow at the track with a speed gun?

I'm not saying you didn't, I'm just wondering how you figured it? I did some tests myself but run out of road just above 140. Besides, the speedo stops there. With out equipment, it's ALL guess work from there.
    2017 Niro

MI2QWK4U Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CRUZTAKER

YES.

This car with an OEM trans needs shifted out of third somewhere between 132 and 142 depending on the final gears. No super duper blower of any sort changes this.

It doesn't matter if it has a trilogy or not. Yours, mine, and the next door neighbor's all run similiar top end speeds. Although the relationship between the two is indeed intriguing to the masses.

What baffled me then, and still does now...how exactly did you (Dave) determine your top speed of 165? Was there a fellow at the track with a speed gun?

I'm not saying you didn't, I'm just wondering how you figured it? I did some tests myself but run out of road just above 140. Besides, the speedo stops there. With out equipment, it's ALL guess work from there.

Well Barry, I wasnt going by my speedo, I was going by the guy I passed in an AC Cobra. We were parked nearby in the pits and he came up and wanted to know what blew by him like he was standing still and sounded like a jet. He told me that he figured I was going 5-10 mph faster than he was, and he did have a decent enough speedo to register that high.
    So dont give me this crap that you doubt my info, I could care less about how you test your equipment. My equipement (speedo) had nothing to do with determining my speed. I definitely had more top end than all the other Trilogy cars there, all had 4:10 gears, while I had slighly lesser gears at the time 3:73 or possibly still had the stock 3:55s in there , dont remember. So rest assured there was no guesswork involved Barry. I guess I will look for your next cheap shot and something I do. If you have a serious question ask, but dont make it sound like you solving the great mystery of the 21st century.

Almost forgot the pic....
    Last edited by MI2QWK4U; 10-23-2005 at 08:12 AM.

YES.

TechHeavy asked about Trilogy equipped cars and top speed. He didn't ask, nor did he imply if a Trilogy alters top-speed capabilities. A few of our members with Trilogy equipped cars were kind enough to answer. Since you don't have a Trilogy, and apparently have nothing constructive to add, perhaps you should just stay the hell out of it.
    2003 Marauder 300A
    Trilogy Supercharger Serial #0054
    Installed by Carfixer 10/16/2004

Tallboy's Garage

Everyone Sleep well?
    2004 Trilogy #93P 12.2@113 Built and stalled

You're right. All of YOU.

I am not part of the 'Axis of Trilogy'.

I apparently have nothing to offer.
    Last edited by CRUZTAKER; 10-23-2005 at 08:13 AM.
    2017 Niro

You guys...yes YOU GUYS OVER THERE are so freekin' insecure. You always think someone is throwing a cheap shot if it involves questioning your beloved Trilogy. Get over it already.

I have all the right in the world to add a little info to the question TechHeavy placed on the table. As much as it may disturb you, any blower will get you to top speed faster than not, but it won't give you a higher top speed than the car is physically capable of. PERIOD.
    No one argued, even for a second, the top speed is affected by any blower of any sort. Your question of Dave's info was poorly worded. You started with "I wasn't there...", and you should've ended it there.

Barry, even when I disagree with you, I always think of us as "us." It saddens me you apparently see it as "you" and "them".
    2003 Marauder 300A
    Trilogy Supercharger Serial #0054
    Installed by Carfixer 10/16/2004

Tallboy's Garage

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information