Thread: Carlisle Classes/Marauder

Post Carlisle Classes/Marauder

I was not happy the way the 03 and 04 Marauders were put in a class with old cars. That was not fair to them or us. I have no problem putting together our class with the Ford late models, police Crown Vic's, etc. I also have heard that Carlisle is sold or being sold for 3.5 million dollars and the people that own Carlisle now are going to open new grounds furthur down towards York, PA. Any comments?
    Thanks!
    Ralph

Mike, Tom and I were happy to see you at Carlisle...always a pleasure!
    Ralph Sr.
    2008 Chevy Impala SS V8
    2007 Z06-505HP Corvette; Victory Red
    2004 Black Mercury Marauder - all options/SOLD
    2001 Mercury Grand Marquis/handling package
    1993 Mustang ex-Florida Police Car, w/Ford Racing Crate Motor and high 11's E.T.

Well, that stock class was pretty broad for a category. There was a lot to compete with.

Mine might have fared better in "Mercury Modified" but I didn't tell them it was anything but stock since I heard most of us were going to congregate in the stock class. Was kinda bummed that such a big show didn't have a Mercury only class...
    Trilogy #112 (self installed)

- Trilogy S/C (Stock pulley/tune) - 4.10's - JLT - SS Inserts - 4" Megs -

12.99@106.2mph (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Sr.
    I was not happy the way the 03 and 04 Marauders were put in a class with old cars. That was not fair to them or us. I have no problem putting together our class with the Ford late models, police Crown Vic's, etc. I also have heard that Carlisle is sold or being sold for 3.5 million dollars and the people that own Carlisle now are going to open new grounds furthur down towards York, PA. Any comments?
    Thanks!
    Ralph

Mike, Tom and I were happy to see you at Carlisle...always a pleasure!
    Ralph, I had not heard about the pending sale/changes at Carlisle, but since I'm putting a lot of effort into the Feature Car Reunion in building "T" for next year's event, I'll do some checking, and need to know, for sure, before putting too much effort into the project.

As far as the classes are concerned, I could care less, we got great parking and were with a neat bunch of folks, not to mention being near the action. It was great to see you took second, and with such a large and diverse class, it's not a trivial award. It's sad, though, our MM's were way under-represented. If we could get more guys to commit, then they'd have a special class for us, and provide all sort of perks, like the tent & such, as was the case with the '55 - '56 Crown Victoria club. I spent all three days on the show field, and next year, because Sunshine's gonna be part of the indoor exhibition, I'll be there all four days, using the MM as my chase car.

Thread Information