Thread: my anniversary

Thumbs up my anniversary

Thirteen years ago today, I acquired a 2004 Black Marauder from Wickstrom Ford , (now Including) & Lincoln, Dodge , Jeep, Chrysler in Barrington Il.
    It feels so rite!
    2004 Trilogy #93P 12.2@113 Built and stalled

Congrats Brad!

It was 12 years and 2 months ago I was all giddy when I picked up my "almost new" Marauder. With only 14,340 miles it is still the newest car I've ever owned! (Besides the wife's fleet of new cars)

I'll never forget noticing the premium fuel only on the dash and ZERO tire spin at its first green light off the lot... I spent the entire first five days (CarMax return policy) TRYING to find another dislike.. I found a tire shake and some bad, actually horrible paint prep but they went to town with new front tires and about eight hours of detail to make things right. Didn't matter, I was set on keeping it by then.

Short learning curve for their tech though.. rotating tires to rid a shake and the customer (me) laughs and simply says over the phone "okay cool, but you might wanna take a step back and look at the big picture now". Hence the new shoes.

Sent from my iThrone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Congrats on the milestone!

Thumbs up

Thanks justbob , I was down for three years on my rebuild, so I'll call it 10 years with the Marauder.
    My delivery was super easy because I was working at Buss Ford and I had my paperwork all complete and financing prearranged.
    I did take it for a ride, prior to signing the contract.
    I thought the Marauder was all powerful, when I took it for my first ride.
    I found this site and had seat time in several FI Marauders, thats all it took.
    Its been a wild ride and lots of blood sweat & tears!
    Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Congrats Brad!

It was 12 years and 2 months ago I was all giddy when I picked up my "almost new" Marauder. With only 14,340 miles it is still the newest car I've ever owned! (Besides the wife's fleet of new cars)

I'll never forget noticing the premium fuel only on the dash and ZERO tire spin at its first green light off the lot... I spent the entire first five days (CarMax return policy) TRYING to find another dislike.. I found a tire shake and some bad, actually horrible paint prep but they went to town with new front tires and about eight hours of detail to make things right. Didn't matter, I was set on keeping it by then.

Short learning curve for their tech though.. rotating tires to rid a shake and the customer (me) laughs and simply says over the phone "okay cool, but you might wanna take a step back and look at the big picture now". Hence the new shoes.

Sent from my iThrone using Tapatalk
    2004 Trilogy #93P 12.2@113 Built and stalled

Congratulations Bradley! You will get there!

Congratulation! That's terrific!

Happy anniversary to you and your love.
    2004 Silver Birch; Sold in 2009
    Trilogy #73, 410's, K&N Air Intake, Widen Rear Wheels, Flowmaster 50 Series, Balanced Driveshaft
    415 RWHP, 436 RWTQ; Best time 12.9
    Kenwood Audio, Signal Mirrors, GodsHead Badges on front and back

How's the new engine Brad?

I've had mine for 9 years now. Hard to believe.

Thread Information