Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why no new posts for years?

Castine, Maine & Brooklyn, NY & Walton, NY

Why no new posts for years?

Is this a tight group or just not much to say or do?

"Moonbeam McSwine"

2003 DBP, fresh off an Iowa corn farm.
    "Pretty much stock, except for the blower."

"Devil Girl"

2004 DTR w/ Light Flint
    Every factory option - Moonroof, all that stuff.

4 miles from insanity and 2ft from broke!
    Quote Originally Posted by cat in the hat View Post
    Im wondering the same , what exactly are you referring to?

You sir are using the website wrong. New posts all the time.
    300A Black
    4:10 gears, Flowmaster 44's with rear cat delete, SW headers with 3 inch cats to 2.5 custom h. 3500 stall, Twisted synergy dyno tune, addco f/r , rear control arms, Novi 1200 air to air with the fixings.

I think he's inquiring on the North East Marauders forum. Which doesn't see a lot of activity.

Because the best I've got is a Fauxrauder...

2003 CVPI former Connecticut State Police Supervisor vehicle. 160,000 miles
    Upgrades: 3.55 Posi, 200amp alternator and new decoupler, lighting relay mod, KYBs in the rear, LTC leather rear seats, 70mm FoMoCo throttle body, and MZT mod with MPT custom tunes.
    DOHC swap to come! http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/u...3076313&page=1

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    I think he's inquiring on the North East Marauders forum. Which doesn't see a lot of activity.
    I read just about everything on this general forum Mercurymarauder.net but I never see anything in the North East Marauders section. I understand different members from all parts of this great country tend use the regional aspects of this forum more then others because they have more local events but the North East could have many events. Just wondering?

"Years" is a bit of an exaggeration. There's a thread about a meet at Millers that a bunch of us attended less than a year ago.
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

Under Display Options at the bottom of the Forum page, change from "Last Month" to "The Beginning." All threads will now be visible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Denmark View Post
    "Years" is a bit of an exaggeration. There's a thread about a meet at Millers that a bunch of us attended less than a year ago.
    Thank you Ms. Denmark. "Exaggeration" no but I am definitely not forum savvy. I appreciate the help from you and all members of Mercurymarauder.net.

North East (NE) forum can be difficult to get stuff going. The big issue is that big city between NJ and LI. Distances aren't far but getting from one side of NYC to the other is tedious and expensive. Long Island and its surrounding boroughs has become an entity unto itself because of the time and travel to get to NJ or vise-versa. Members have made the trip but it's often a long one. I usually consider Upstate NY as New England so that excludes them from most planning, not that anyone from up yonder wouldn't be welcome.

Since Fuddruckers closed down we haven't found a suitable place to meet so that may be one of the causes of low posting.

I also find NJ is split into 3 geographic areas and getting all 3 to mesh into one meet is a challenge. Throw in the ABE area and the challenge becomes even greater. Again distances are not great but the highways aren't designed to make travel quick.

We've been talking casually about finding a new place to meet but as of right now we haven't settled on a place.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
    North East (NE) forum can be difficult to get stuff going. The big issue is that big city between NJ and LI. Distances aren't far but getting from one side of NYC to the other is tedious and expensive. Long Island and its surrounding boroughs has become an entity unto itself because of the time and travel to get to NJ or vise-versa. Members have made the trip but it's often a long one. I usually consider Upstate NY as New England so that excludes them from most planning, not that anyone from up yonder wouldn't be welcome.

Since Fuddruckers closed down we haven't found a suitable place to meet so that may be one of the causes of low posting.

I also find NJ is split into 3 geographic areas and getting all 3 to mesh into one meet is a challenge. Throw in the ABE area and the challenge becomes even greater. Again distances are not great but the highways aren't designed to make travel quick.

We've been talking casually about finding a new place to meet but as of right now we haven't settled on a place.
    what he said...if you want to start a meet,,feel free..
    Daily Driver
    300A born 8/07/02
    achieved 2/1/03

The problem is where? Long Island is good for me. Upstate is also good. NJ is fine. Please put it out there. See if we get any interest.

Whaa???? Upstate NY is New England? No wonder no one knows where I live. Not all know how big New York State is. I am a world away from Brooklyn. I am near Niagara Falls, complete other side of the state from NYC. It's a seven hour drive from Buffalo to Brooklyn. And then there is the Adirondack Region. Ask RayJay about that.

Maybe the Fingerlakes Region? What beautiful country there. Good for PA, OH, CT, VT, MA, Downstate, Upstate, Ontario Canada...., Hell, even the French can come from Quebec, if they want to drive a while.

The Niagara Falls Region. I think there are one or two of us out here....
    Built: 3/16/2004
    Number 9,879 of 11,052 for Total Production
    Number 2,040 of 3,213 for 2004 Model Year
    Number 663 of 980 Dark Toreador Red Produced
    Dark Charcoal Interior - CD Changer - Heated Seats - Trunk Oganizer - Moonroof - Rear Deck Spoiler
    Trilogy S/C kit #224 installed August 2010
    Detroit Tru-Trac 31 spline with 4.10 gearset
    Must - Go - Faster !

Yes all of NY state is considered New England. Out there in Buffalo you probably feel more akin to Ohio than Long Island.

As far as a meet in Upstate NY keep your eyes peeled for something after Marauderville. I have it on good authority that a meet maybe in the planning for up that way. I'm not going to leak the destination on the planner but it should be a fun trip if it comes to fruition.

As far as a place to meet in the NJ area, we need a place convenientish to all that may travel. It needs to have good food, BIG parking lot, and doesn't mind a group. Fudd's was a pretty good spot for that. Are there any good places off I-195, or perhaps around that Route 22 area where Fudd's was? Ms. D and I tried the place Fudd's became and thought thumbs down. It doesn't have to be a chain, in fact might be better if it wasn't. Need our Central NJ folks to pipe up with places they like to frequent. I thought about Triumph Brewing in Princeton but I haven't tried it and not sure of their parking, and Princeton can be busy on the weekends.

Easy access from the Turnpike could expand us into NE Jersey, but I'm not driving into Paterson or Newark or the immediate surrounding area's. Bergen Cty has some nice area's, maybe someone who lives there knows of a place. I'm not overly familiar with S. Jersey, but the Pinelands area off Cty 539 might have somewhere. Not sure if extreme N or S Jersey would be a good spot for semi-regular trips, but if you guys know of a great place we could do mini- meets like CAM does with Bert's or Capt Dan's.

Open to any and all suggestions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information