Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vehicle shipping cost?

Vehicle shipping cost?

So, I have someone interested in buying my car. He lives in Ohio, I am in Maryland. Any recommendations on who he could use to ship the car from here to there? He got a $900 quote, but that just seems a little high for only going a few states away.

a friend of mine had one shipped from Cali to fla, and it was more reasonable price wise....but haven't heard back from him with the info

Any suggestions?
    Quick N/A 2V

Yasmin Sairally
    Transport Coordinator

Tell her Marty from MO's referred you. They arrange dozens of transports a year for us.

Tel: 888-802-8250 ext.2233
    Fax: 904-212-0366
    Email: yasmin.sairally@autostartransp ort.com

Quote Originally Posted by martyo View Post
    Yasmin Sairally
    Transport Coordinator

Tell her Marty from MO's referred you. They arrange dozens of transports a year for us.

Tel: 888-802-8250 ext.2233
    Fax: 904-212-0366
    Email: yasmin.sairally@autostartransp ort.com
    Thank you Sir
    Quick N/A 2V

Wish I woulda saw this a few weeks back. Had mine moved from Cali to Phoenix for $375 - not a bad deal, but maybe coulda done better!

Quote Originally Posted by ammolance View Post
    Wish I woulda saw this a few weeks back. Had mine moved from Cali to Phoenix for $375 - not a bad deal, but maybe coulda done better!
    Who did you use? Because Cali to Pheonix is probably close to the same distance as Maryland to Ohio ...or not far off....and $900 seems really high
    Quick N/A 2V

Had my marauder shipped from super small town in middle of nowhere Arkansas to Houston about 2 months ago. Google said door to door was 580 miles. I paid $385 for open transport. Used fast motion auto transport. Everything was perfect. If you go to their website, you can get a quote online in minutes.

$900 is highway robbery. Pun intended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vehicle transport is all based on the lane and not all transport companies service every possible lane. you have to call various carriers. try some ohio based ones or indiana, Illinois.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by ammolance View Post
    Hell, that is a killer drive. I woulda done it for the hundy needed for one hotel night.

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Quote Originally Posted by 1Marauder View Post
    Hell, that is a killer drive. I woulda done it for the hundy needed for one hotel night.

Haha. Had I woulda gotten ahead of the game prior to "Marauder in hand" and joined the forum I woulda taken you up!

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog5.0 View Post
    Who did you use? Because Cali to Pheonix is probably close to the same distance as Maryland to Ohio ...or not far off....and $900 seems really high

I used Direct Express Auto Transport. They assigned a great transport company local to Phoenix who did a great job!

So out of curiousity...he was going to take a flight out, but now he said by the time he pays for the flight, the hotel, the rental, takes off work it cuts into his shipping money and money to buy the car...He wants to wire me the cash from his account to mine, then schedule pickup two days after. I know some have bought and sold cars that way, but can someone please explain the best way to go about it?

I have already sent videos, a ton of pics, info, we talked on the phone about 30 times( literally)

Just new to me and would like to hear from others who have done it so I can know what to expect, or what to do in general.
    Quick N/A 2V

Since it's not all that far door to door perhaps a U-haul truck and car trailer might work. Not sure on transfer of title and registration anymore but if there is a way to get a plate I'd get a friend to drive me to your house and just drive it home the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
    Since it's not all that far door to door perhaps a U-haul truck and car trailer might work. Not sure on transfer of title and registration anymore but if there is a way to get a plate I'd get a friend to drive me to your house and just drive it home the same day.
    He doesn't want to drive a car with 4.56 gears and 3800rpm stall 10 plus hours...which I don't blame him ..the trip is about 10 hours at 75-80 mph average...at 60-65 mph average, gonna be even longer
    Plus, if trailered, he said he prefers a closed trailer..and he can't rent one of those for less than it would cost to fly out, rent a car, and a room.
    Last edited by Bulldog5.0; 11-21-2016 at 12:25 PM.
    Quick N/A 2V

So out of curiousity...he was going to take a flight out, but now he said by the time he pays for the flight, the hotel, the rental, takes off work it cuts into his shipping money and money to buy the car...He wants to wire me the cash from his account to mine, then schedule pickup two days after. I know some have bought and sold cars that way, but can someone please explain the best way to go about it?

I have already sent videos, a ton of pics, info, we talked on the phone about 30 times( literally)

Just new to me and would like to hear from others who have done it so I can know what to expect, or what to do in general.
    Is your concern accepting the wire?

He doesn't want to drive a car with 4.56 gears and 3800rpm stall 10 plus hours...which I don't blame him ..the trip is about 10 hours at 75-80 mph average...at 60-65 mph average, gonna be even longer
    Plus, if trailered, he said he prefers a closed trailer..and he can't rent one of those for less than it would cost to fly out, rent a car, and a room.

I have a 3500 stall and 4:10's and feel like theres not a whole lot of gear left... What is it like driving a car with 4:56's and a 3800 stall!?

98 P71 SOLD

2003 MARAUDER - BLACK ~ Race Car
    2003 MARAUDER - DARK BLUE PEARL ~ DD
    2002 Crown Vic Sport ~ top secret project car

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information