Thread: Lidio does rock!!!

Lidio does rock!!!

I have a SCT 9100 tuner I purchased elsewhere, but I wasn't happy with the tune, I was experiencing pinging under load and the throttle response was weak.
    So after talking to few members here on MM.net I decided to give Lidio a call.
    He said to box it up with a list of my mods and he would put his tunes on it for me (for a price of course).
    He received and returned it back to me fast, along with the K&N kit I ordered. He placed tunes for both 91 and 93 octane gasoline on my tuner.

What a difference over the other tune, I now have much better throttle response and no more pinging. I am very happy I made the call to Lidio.

Keep up the good work
    Later,
    Bowman9

Modifactions:
    SuperChips Custom Tuner 9100 (Lidio)
    180 Degree Thermostat
    Ford Motorsport 4.10 Gears
    Steeda Underdrive Pulleys
    K&N Coldair Kit

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman9
    I have a SCT 9100 tuner I purchased elsewhere, but I wasn't happy with the tune, I was experiencing pinging under load and the throttle response was weak.
    He said to box it up with a list of my mods and he would put his tunes on it for me (for a price of course).
    He received and returned it back to me fast, along with the K&N kit I ordered. He placed tunes for both 91 and 93 octane gasoline on my tuner.

What a difference over the other tune, I now have much better throttle response and no more pinging. I am very happy I made the call to Lidio.

Keep up the good work
    I am happy you like your new-found power!

I've said it before, I'll say it again: If you're looking to get a tune/hand-held tuner, save yourself a lot of time and money and call Lidio FIRST!
    2003 Marauder 300A
    Trilogy Supercharger Serial #0054
    Installed by Carfixer 10/16/2004

Tallboy's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman9

Keep up the good work

Thanks for the kind words and let us know if we can help again.

I may not be at the top (yet) but definitely on top of things.

Lidio Iacobelli
    Alternativeauto.com

(586)-949-7505

Well I just got my tune. I have only driven the car for a quick one mile trip just to see if it worked. The car idles higher in neutral like I asked but in drive it stays at the same 500 rpm. I wanted that a bit higher. I floored it from a rolling start from 15 mph and let off around 60 mph. I let off the full throttle around 52mph and it seemed to shift from 1st to 2nd around 51-52 mph to second. I can't tell if it's that much faster. I haven't driven the car enough. Also when I start it, an new emergency light flashes when I start the car. I don't know what it says but I will find out what it says. Is the car tuned for 91 or 93? I didn't specify when I ordered come to think of it. The car did seem to down shift a bit faster though. I'm really not sure, I'll need to do some more testing. To be fair, a one mile drive isn't a fair evaluation but I'll have a whole day tomorrow to find out if I like it or not. So cheers to a good drive.

*Update

I drove the car again today. I don't know what happened the first run but the car definietely drives a whole lot better. I'm assuming you also adjusted the air/flow ratio for the K&N Air charger kit. I can hear it sucking in cold air. Car did pick up a lot of acceleration and the shift from 1st to 2nd under full throttle is freaking awsome. Not really smooth, you can feel it, but it's a really incredible feeling. Maybe the car just needed to self adjust but the idle in drive seems a bit higher than stock like I asked. So overall I love the tune. Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by StevenJ; 11-15-2005 at 06:23 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Note, I'm not the original owner. The original owner was a Civilian BSO that died of cancer, the wife was willing to part with the silver beauty for $19k. She had 32,500 miles on her when I got her. Now she's over 50k!

I haven't been able to test the xcal 2 I got from him cause my car is still being shipped from texas. After reading these posts I am well ashured I went with the right tune provider!

2005 Satin White Pearl Legacy GT
    *Stage 2.5* 13.5 @ 96 MPH
    2003 Black 300A <---Click for pics.
    *Totaled *

Thread Information