Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what's with..........

Sat in the garage and stared at blue today.

Just ahhhhhhh.......
    Those were the days.........

DANG THEY'RE CUTE!!!!!!
    Smile and Nod
    I love THIS bar

Have you bloosted it yet? or is it bluested?
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    Have you bloosted it yet? or is it bluested?
    Nope, just aboutbhave all the parts I think.

Including a little safety mod

DANG THEY'RE CUTE!!!!!!
    Smile and Nod
    I love THIS bar

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Seriously considering letting mine go soon and I've got quite a few parts tucked away as I don't like dealing with shipping.. I'm not even sure if I'll repair the blower or sell as is. Drives perfect, just slow as ****.

I'm just bored and ready to move on. The car has treated me really good, more than I ever expected. There is just so many other ones to scratch off my list to own.

But I'm not giving her away either so maybe she'll just get stored and forgotten about for awhile? Don't know, don't care. Going on thirteen years gets stale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're where I was brother. I still have withdrawals every once in a while but I'm glad I was able to enjoy the ride and meet new friends along the way. I'm one of the guilty ones wanting newer technology and turn key power. Especially after what I sunk into the Marauder. Good luck when you get ready to move Her on. If someone was looking for a super nice, well built, powerful Marauder they should be hitting you up in a PM right now!

Quote Originally Posted by crownvic97 View Post
    No moving on here, I've only been an owner for a year, sucks I missed out on the first 13 years of fun!
    Own 2 before the DTR (8yrs) but I too feel that I missed out 😢

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Build# 1979/3214
    Year 2004
    300B
    Ext. DTR
    Int. Dark Char
    FINALLY BOOSTED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
    I think a lot of people are moving on. Especially for DD use. Today's cars are so much more powerful and have all the techno nannies the kiddies want.

I've thought about it, but there is nothing out there aside from a truck (I have one) that fits my petite self. Nothing! ... haven't sat in an S-class in a while.
    And more powerful on 87 octane. I get it but other than a Taurus SHO, I couldn't see myself driving anything else right now. With a family of 4 I like having a muscle car and family car in one vehicle.

Was at MB dealer yesterday, and I sat in a good sized 4 dr sedan w rear wheel drive and all the goodies, including AMG warp speed... Sticker was $133,000. Friend of mine test drove a 2017 suv and sedan a few rungs down at $65,000.

While I don't have adjustable color led ambient interior lighting (yet), it sure made my 2 suspension set ups, 2 big brake kits, and pending Votech kits seem less.... I don't know.... Less Over the top--or maybe even a better value.

Gotta say though, the knob to adjust suspension, stearing, and gearing from Eco to Smooth, to Cruise, to Sport, to Sport + was absolutely cool. It all changes in about 1-3 seconds, and you can immediately feel the difference. I changed it 20 times (while she drove) accordingly For rough roads, speed bumps, smooth roads, and when she wanted to floor it.

Buying lottery tickets today. Until then, has anyone else noticed the new Lincoln looks like a rebodied Taurus?

Sorry, got lost.

Parts sale discussion:
    I use the Mercury Marauder parts for sale section, as a index comparison guide for the overall fiscal market.
    Thus gird your loins, as we appear over indexed and on the bubble, displayed by folks "trying" to sell off at artificially high prices. People are asking crazy high prices: $16,000 for not so clean 14 year old 60,000 to 85,000 mile used cars (cars whose parts are scarce), and $300 for 14 year old soiled used carpets (seriously?). Question is, are these really selling? And if so who is buying?

Further, new car sales and the financial schemes being played to create new car ownership/sales set a dangerous and precarious fiscal cliff as it was reported recently that the average American now owns less or is now heavily upsidown in the vehicle that they drive - more so than ever in recorded history. And just like the housing market 10 years ago, if you have a pulse-you can buy a $50,000 depreciating asset, and worse yet extend your payments out longer than ever before. And while interest rates are still "low" a 72 or 84 month payment plan only increases the debt vs. ownership %. Meaning this market is now upside down AND in two years the used car market will again be flooded and values will decrease there as well.

Clearly the market is being propped up and, in effect, being created by these horribly lax fiscal lending schemes, just as the housing market was a decade ago. The game has simply moved from housing to "small ball" autos. And just as my previous Wachovia banker, who unannounced and uninvitedly came to my house with a home equity line of credit check for $240,000 ten years ago (which I declined -- and whose company no longer exists) the MB dealer was certain that he could "place me" in any car on the lot yesterday if I would just "sign here."

BTW-yesterday I talked her out of her theory that buying/leasing a new huge pile of debt--would actually lower her monthly payment. And at least for now she hasn't joined the ranks of millions leveraging her future to drive a cooler car now.

So where are we, and what's with....??? Keen eye and great query.

With any over indexed market, either sell off now and reinvest in different vehicles, or hold and cover and double down when the markets goes soft.

Course, what do I know... I am "over invested" in the Marauder market, a silent hoarder, and have only let go of parts (at fair prices -super cheap) when someone else really needed them. This is where /when (15 years) Marauders either become the iconic badass classic muscle cars and increase from a D grade collectible to a C... Or when the market rolls a 7 and craps us out.

Lucky for us, our investment in also fun: I think I will go punish my rear Motivo's. I should've update listened to Big Mike and got the 555's for the rear the first time!
    Last edited by 1Marauder; 02-26-2017 at 10:55 AM.

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

I'd be right at home in tastefully modded F150 limited or a black ops edition.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

I'm right there with you, probably going to do a 2wd next go round and bag it.
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

4 miles from insanity and 2ft from broke!

OMG! I love those trucks! Very nice comfort features.
    04 MERCURY MARAUDER build date:02/11/04
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

**WHIPPLE 4.0L CRUSHER!**0000 (FOR NOW) RWHP

VISIT MY GARAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF MODS

Quote Originally Posted by 1Marauder View Post
    Was at MB dealer yesterday, and I sat in a good sized 4 dr sedan w rear wheel drive and all the goodies, including AMG warp speed... Sticker was $133,000. Friend of mine test drove a 2017 suv and sedan a few rungs down at $65,000.

While I don't have adjustable color led ambient interior lighting (yet), it sure made my 2 suspension set ups, 2 big brake kits, and pending Votech kits seem less.... I don't know.... Less Over the top--or maybe even a better value.

Gotta say though, the knob to adjust suspension, stearing, and gearing from Eco to Smooth, to Cruise, to Sport, to Sport + was absolutely cool. It all changes in about 1-3 seconds, and you can immediately feel the difference. I changed it 20 times (while she drove) accordingly For rough roads, speed bumps, smooth roads, and when she wanted to floor it.

Buying lottery tickets today. Until then, has anyone else noticed the new Lincoln looks like a rebodied Taurus?

Sorry, got lost.

Parts sale discussion:
    I use the Mercury Marauder parts for sale section, as a index comparison guide for the overall fiscal market.
    Thus gird your loins, as we appear over indexed and on the bubble, displayed by folks "trying" to sell off at artificially high prices. People are asking crazy high prices: $16,000 for not so clean 14 year old 60,000 to 85,000 mile used cars (cars whose parts are scarce), and $300 for 14 year old soiled used carpets (seriously?). Question is, are these really selling? And if so who is buying?

Further, new car sales and the financial schemes being played to create new car ownership/sales set a dangerous and precarious fiscal cliff as it was reported recently that the average American now owns less or is now heavily upsidown in the vehicle that they drive - more so than ever in recorded history. And just like the housing market 10 years ago, if you have a pulse-you can buy a $50,000 depreciating asset, and worse yet extend your payments out longer than ever before. And while interest rates are still "low" a 72 or 84 month payment plan only increases the debt vs. ownership %. Meaning this market is now upside down AND in two years the used car market will again be flooded and values will decrease there as well.

Clearly the market is being propped up and, in effect, being created by these horribly lax fiscal lending schemes, just as the housing market was a decade ago. The game has simply moved from housing to "small ball" autos. And just as my previous Wachovia banker, who unannounced and uninvitedly came to my house with a home equity line of credit check for $240,000 ten years ago (which I declined -- and whose company no longer exists) the MB dealer was certain that he could "place me" in any car on the lot yesterday if I would just "sign here."

BTW-yesterday I talked her out of her theory that buying/leasing a new huge pile of debt--would actually lower her monthly payment. And at least for now she hasn't joined the ranks of millions leveraging her future to drive a cooler car now.

So where are we, and what's with....??? Keen eye and great query.

With any over indexed market, either sell off now and reinvest in different vehicles, or hold and cover and double down when the markets goes soft.

Course, what do I know... I am "over invested" in the Marauder market, a silent hoarder, and have only let go of parts (at fair prices -super cheap) when someone else really needed them. This is where /when (15 years) Marauders either become the iconic badass classic muscle cars and increase from a D grade collectible to a C... Or when the market rolls a 7 and craps us out.

Lucky for us, our investment in also fun: I think I will go punish my rear Motivo's. I should've update listened to Big Mike and got the 555's for the rear the first time!
    Agreed, very well said.

DANG THEY'RE CUTE!!!!!!
    Smile and Nod
    I love THIS bar

Quote Originally Posted by lji372 View Post
    Agreed, very well said.

Why I still hold onto the cars I got. They're not worth a hoot but, at least they are paid for.

Thumbs up what ?

Ya' I got you started on forced induction @ Byron dragaway , you would not take my car for a pass.
    I don't know if you ran your car that day. but I remember the event.

Seriously considering letting mine go soon and I've got quite a few parts tucked away as I don't like dealing with shipping.. I'm not even sure if I'll repair the blower or sell as is. Drives perfect, just slow as ****.

I'm just bored and ready to move on. The car has treated me really good, more than I ever expected. There is just so many other ones to scratch off my list to own.

But I'm not giving her away either so maybe she'll just get stored and forgotten about for awhile? Don't know, don't care. Going on thirteen years gets stale.

2004 Trilogy #93P 12.2@113 Built and stalled

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information