Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Taurus SHO

SHO - gas cap is on the wrong side of the car.
    Next.....
    sent from my rotary phone using Technicolor

2004 SILVER BIRCH/BLACK PAINT
    DARK CHARCOAL NUDO LEATHER
    #400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT (SOLD)

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL
    #1763 off ~2100
    NOW WITH A 392 & 3.73 posi!

Taurus SHO

Quote Originally Posted by chief455 View Post
    SHO - gas cap is on the wrong side of the car.
    Next.....

This has twisted me up on more than couple occasions when switching back and forth between the SHO and the Marauder. Now I have to check the gas gauge for the tiny arrow to remind me which side is correct for the gas filler.
    Last edited by Bluerauder; 04-01-2016 at 05:50 AM.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

I just can't stand how bloated the car looks.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'04 Marauder #357 of 3213 - Built and Eaton swapped - "MERCD"
    '21 F150 XLT 5.0 Sport
    '18 Chevy Malibu Redline
    '15 Mustang GT, performance package
    '01 BMW 740i M-Sport, manual swapped
    '97 Lincoln Town Car (black on black)
    '10 Harley Ultra Limited
    '08 Kawasaki ZX6R
    '03 Grand Marquis(sold)

All those who are enamored with these cars, wait till your water pump goes out........

One of the benefits of having a "fleet" of these, the problems show their nasty side. Wait till you see the procedure and book time for replacement..... which explains why they are turning up at auctions with"cooling system" problems....... just sayin'
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

I have not seen this at my shop yet as they are still "new". Whats the issue? 4 plus hour flag time?
    Neil
    2003 Mercury Marauder - DBP/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - BLK/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - SB/LF
    2004 Mercury Marauder - DTR/LF
    1964 Mercury Marauder - BLK/BLK

Quote Originally Posted by 8UWITH6 View Post
    I have not seen this at my shop yet as they are still "new". Whats the issue? 4 plus hour flag time?

Try 22 hours. You have to remove the accessories, remove the timing chain cover, remove the timing chains, remove timing chain gear off snout of crank, drop half the cradle, remove 1 axle, just to get to the water pump, we have had 3 with less than 35k with the same problem. You know the job sucks when the depot mechanics (who get paid hourly) said they will send them to the dealer to fix, due to the amount of work involved.

I sold my explorer sport for this reason
    Last edited by Spectragod; 03-31-2016 at 06:27 PM. Reason: spell check
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    Try 22 hours. You have to remove the accessories, remove the timing chain cover, remove the timing chains, remove timing chain gear off snout of crank, drop half the cradle, remove 1 axle, just to get to the water pump, we have had 3 with less than 35k with the same problem. You know the job sucks when the depot mechanics (who get paid hourly) said they will send them to the dealer to fix, due to the amount of work involved.

I sold my explorer sport for this reason

Designer team should be shot. My mechanic said a big "NO!" when I mentioned liking the SHO - I guess if yours doesn't break, it is nice.
    sent from my rotary phone using Technicolor

2004 SILVER BIRCH/BLACK PAINT
    DARK CHARCOAL NUDO LEATHER
    #400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT (SOLD)

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL
    #1763 off ~2100
    NOW WITH A 392 & 3.73 posi!

If you're looking to buy brand new better make a decision. Civilian Taurus's I believe will be discontinued next year. The replacement will be a Fusion withe the 2.7 EcoBoost making 315HP with AWD
    FRPP dealer owner of SpartaPerformance.com
    We are an authorized independent AMSOIL dealer.

2004 Silver Birch; Sold in 2009
    Trilogy #73, 410's, K&N Air Intake, Widen Rear Wheels, Flowmaster 50 Series, Balanced Driveshaft
    415 RWHP, 436 RWTQ; Best time 12.9
    Kenwood Audio, Signal Mirrors, GodsHead Badges on front and back

I've been toying with eventually selling my Buick to buy either a Fusion or a Taurus. I was leaning toward the Taurus mostly because the Fusion's trunk is smaller than the trunk of my Century by about 1cu ft. I think the trunk size between the Taurus and MM is about comparable, somewhere a little north of 20 cu ft for both. But knowing that the Taurus has water pump issues, and it's a PITA to do the repair, makes me want to deal with the Fusion's smaller trunk anyway. Then I can get those neat interior lights itnhas.
    "Beast, Jr."

2003 300 A, 4.10:1 gear, JLT CAI, Marty tune, Nitto 420S and 555 tires, NGK TR55 plugs, J-mod, Skull lock knobs, and a new windshield

Quote Originally Posted by ledzilla View Post
    I think the trunk size between the Taurus and MM is about comparable, somewhere a little north of 20 cu ft for both. But knowing that the Taurus has water pump issues, and it's a PITA to do the repair, makes me want to deal with the Fusion's smaller trunk anyway..

There is no comparison between trunk space on the MM and Taurus SHO. The Taurus has about 50% more useable space than the MM. The damn spare in the MM gets in the way of everything. Even the donut spare is a huge obstruction on the passenger side. If that is not enough, the Taurus has split back seats that fold down. I've taken 4 large roll-on luggage bags and 4 people with all their "stuff" on vacation in the Taurus. Two of those bags is a problem in the MM without removing the trunk organizer.

As far as a potential problem with the water pump, you probably stand the same chance of a failure with any make or model car that you buy. Figure I'll just deal with it if it happens down the line. .... 50K miles so far and no problem.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328

(365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478

since April '04

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

I currently own a 2011 Lincoln MKS w/ Ecoboost. This is the same vehicle as a Taurus SHO. I purchased it used for less than a used SHO. It came Certified with the 6year 100,000 warranty I've also owned a fully loaded 2010 MKS w. Ecoboost. The automatic parking assist failed. Caused $1700 in damage. Ford did not want to take claim for the defect. Ford lost in court, got the car back after I drove it for 6 months for free. .
    The car is large. Much harder to see out of and park than a Marauder.
    The car is faster than the Marauder, but is not as fun to drive.
    I've driven to Las Vegas a number of times in this vehicle.
    It's comfortable, easy to drive long distances, gets over 22MPG with a
    heavy foot. I average about 15MPG around town (12 in the Marauder).
    My wife gets usually 18MPG.
    I hope the new SHO puts down power like the new Raptor's 3.5L 450HP Ecoboost.
    The 2017 Continental and MKZ will have a Lincoln exclusive 3.0L Ecoboost putting out 400HP. The 3.0L engine is the largest engine China will take without adding in Tarriffs .

Hope this helps.

Ok, technically, the Marauder actually has a bigger trunk at 20.6 cu ft compared to the Taurus's 20.1. But yeah, I see that the Taurus has more usable cargo space due to better spare placement and folding rear seats.
    "Beast, Jr."

2003 300 A, 4.10:1 gear, JLT CAI, Marty tune, Nitto 420S and 555 tires, NGK TR55 plugs, J-mod, Skull lock knobs, and a new windshield

I don't about anyone else, but I'm actually having a hard time liking the rear end of the MKS. I like the rest of it, just not the rear.
    "Beast, Jr."

Quote Originally Posted by ledzilla View Post
    Ok, technically, the Marauder actually has a bigger trunk at 20.6 cu ft compared to the Taurus's 20.1. But yeah, I see that the Taurus has more usable cargo space due to better spare placement and folding rear seats.

The numbers are deceiving. Go look in a Taurus trunk to confirm for yourself on the amount of "useable" cargo space. Even if the numbers are close to what you indicated, all of the Taurus 20.1 cu ft can be used. Deduct 9 cu ft + 3 cu ft + 1 cu ft from the Marauder for the trunk organizer, spare, and amplifier and you are left with 10..6 cu ft of useable space. I have been loading stuff into the Marauder trunk for 13 years and there is NO Comparison .... Not even close even with the Taurus seats up.

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKMARAUDER04 View Post
    The car is large. Much harder to see out of and park than a Marauder.
    The car is faster than the Marauder, but is not as fun to drive.

It's comfortable, easy to drive long distances, gets over 22MPG with a
    heavy foot. I average about 15MPG around town (12 in the Marauder).

My wife gets usually 18MPG.
    I agree with the large, hard to see out of part. Because of the high and wide front end, it is difficult to judge parking. The high ass end makes it impossible to see to the rear without a back up camera that comes with the SHO. No question that it is faster than the stock Marauder. And I agree that the Marauder is more fun to drive because you can throw it around in the corners better. I have noticed a bit of understeer in the Taurus SHO.

I can get 30 MPG on the highway at 65-70 MPG using cruise control. Around town, 18 MPG is typical. Best of all is that the Taurus SHO is happy with 87 Octane and doesn't need the 93 Premium stuff.
    Last edited by Bluerauder; 04-01-2016 at 12:38 PM.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328

(365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478

since April '04

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information