Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lady Gaga at the Superbowl?

Quote Originally Posted by RF Overlord View Post
    Perhaps the half-time show is more geared to the people watching on TV than the fans in the stands, who will all be too hammered to care whether it's Lady Caca or the Stones.
    I think your on to it Baub. The Dir. of Entertainment for the NFL is a woman and she says 40 to 45% of TV viewers are women. She maybe placating to that audience.
    Bet if we could watch the Neilsens we would see a drop in men over 30 watching and an increase in teenage girls watching the halftime show.

As was said earlier in the thread, she's actually wildly talented. Not at all my cup of tea (seriously, not a fan), but can't deny the talent.

Whenever they book dumbass pop acts (Black Eyed Peas, Janet Jackson, etc.) I am convinced it's done to bring in more than just the average football fans. For example, a lot of the ladies I work with will be watching the Super Bowl just for the halftime show.

Me...I won't be watching any of it.
    Only a few weeks left until the Daytona 500.
    '03 Marauder | '91 Country Squire | '18 Flex Ecoboost | '92 Shadow VT1100
    former Panthers: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '04 CVLX, '03 SAP P71, '10 P7B
    CLICK HERE and have your Marauder's COA info added to the database!!! | 2003 list ||| 2004 list
    Quote Originally Posted by offroadkarter View Post
    Reinhart's tuning skills were comparable to an ape slapping the keyboard in microsoft excel.

It took years of hearing my daughters music to come around and finally admit I like some of her stuff.

Then again my IPod has everything from Slayer to The Bee Gees...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    It took years of hearing my daughters music to come around and finally admit I like some of her stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfwQ_7xqO7Y

Admit it Bob you strut around the house when you think know one is watching.

Uh truths.

Not gonna lie, because if my kids I'll still catch myself listening to the like of, Brittany prepares, Christina Aguilaras early stuff, some n sync, back street boys and yes even spice girls! It gets drilled into your head so often and nonstop it becomes the norm.

:lightbulbmoment: fake news and liberals hmmm I see how it happens now
    Those were the days.........

DANG THEY'RE CUTE!!!!!!
    Smile and Nod
    I love THIS bar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfwQ_7xqO7Y

Admit it Bob you strut around the house when you think know one is watching.

It's better when there is an audience!

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by lji372 View Post
    Uh truths.

Not gonna lie, because if my kids I'll still catch myself listening to the like of, Brittany prepares, Christina Aguilaras early stuff, some n sync, back street boys and yes even spice girls! It gets drilled into your head so often and nonstop it becomes the norm.

:lightbulbmoment: fake news and liberals hmmm I see how it happens now

SOLD 12/31/2021

Eh... This isn't about Nu talent

Super Bowl is, and always will be, about $$$

So doesn't matter who is performing just as long as it's a big enough draw to get ppl to watch

And further to this football matter: REDSKINS! HAIL!
    2003 Trilogy Supercharged Marauder

I'm no teeny bopper but I can sing along with a lotta Gaga songs . And yes, she is very talented** Still she seems at odds with rabid football fan's taste.

** BTW Mr. Man has been known to agree with this.
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

hearing my daughters music

Sometimes I hear it first on XRT but they too keep me young

Twenty One Pilots
    Catfish and the Bottlemen
    Greenday
    Whitney
    Gotye
    Kings of Leon
    Lorde
    Sia

the list goes on

And as someone mentioned its marketing. Last year NASCAR brought in Taylor Swift to sing at an event, it was their most attended event in years, I can't remember how long but she was the reason. Its all about trying to generate interest an new younger viewers to replace the old.

I am a car guy through and through, I have very little interest in NASCAR. I've been to a few races and appreciated it but will not go out of way to see one - or purchase a ticket (have only gone when given a ticket)
    Steven

2004 Marauder Black, loaded
    Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    KVR's, QA1's, M&Z control arms, rear sway bar
    Lidio tune
    2004 Suburban Dark Charcoal
    1970 W-30 442 convertible twilight Blue

I'm not much on teenie pop, but I caught myself singing along to Taylor Swift Shake It Off.
    03 Marauder- 300B, non heated seats, T/C, no CD changer
    03 Marauder- 300A, Eaton Swapped, SOLD

03 Marauder- 300A, 5544 of 7839 in 03, Trilogy #24, SOLD
    04 Marauder- 300B, SB with LF interior, 208k miles and still ticking SOLD

so long as she keeps politics out of it, who cares. what America needs from her is a good wardrobe malfunction!

4 miles from insanity and 2ft from broke!
    I never watch the halftime act anyway that time is for checking Super Bowl squares!
    04 MERCURY MARAUDER build date:02/11/04
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

**WHIPPLE 4.0L CRUSHER!**0000 (FOR NOW) RWHP

VISIT MY GARAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF MODS

Gaga can actually sing. Google accapella Lady Gaga.
    2003 Mercury Marauder 300A
    FRPP BOSS50 Block w/MMR 900S Stroker 5.3L DOHC 324ci 10:1cr - (321rwhp/360.5rwtq) - Tuned by AED

2006 Ford Mustang GT
    FRPP FR3 Handling Pack|FRPP X Pipe w/GTA Exhaust|Steeda CAI|Hurst Shifter
    (289rwhp/307rwtq)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 LQ4 6.0L LT 4WD
    Cognito leveling Kit, Fox 2.0, BFG KOA2 Radial All Terrains, Magnaflow, K&N and 4.10 gears

Sing, can't sing isn't really the point. If she were singing at a sissy sporting event like basketball I'd say no problem. Football is Metallica, ZZTop you know a testosterone driven sport. Football used to be a get down in the mud, dirty, bloody, ruff and tumble step on guys fingers ala Conrad Dobler, fight with...well everybody Lyle Alzado, pound Earl Campbell up the middle 40x a game, Reggie White kill the QB, play with Jack Ham broken fingers sport. A game Art Donovan could be proud of, then came the advent of AstroTurf and the sissifing of the rules. You can't touch the kicker, no touching the QB after he throws the ball, boo hoo we don't want our overpaid sissy players to get hurt. It's been a slow slide downhill ever since. Next thing you know teams will be disbanding their scantily clad cheerleaders.
    After typing that all out now I understand the choice of Lady Gaga. Football has become a sissy sport.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information