Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lady Gaga at the Superbowl?

4 miles from insanity and 2ft from broke!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
    Sing, can't sing isn't really the point. If she were singing at a sissy sporting event like basketball I'd say no problem. Football is Metallica, ZZTop you know a testosterone driven sport. Football used to be a get down in the mud, dirty, bloody, ruff and tumble step on guys fingers ala Conrad Dobler, fight with...well everybody Lyle Alzado, pound Earl Campbell up the middle 40x a game, Reggie White kill the QB, play with Jack Ham broken fingers sport. A game Art Donovan could be proud of, then came the advent of AstroTurf and the sissifing of the rules. You can't touch the kicker, no touching the QB after he throws the ball, boo hoo we don't want our overpaid sissy players to get hurt. It's been a slow slide downhill ever since. Next thing you know teams will be disbanding their scantily clad cheerleaders.
    After typing that all out now I understand the choice of Lady Gaga. Football has become a sissy sport.
    Since when did basketball become a "sissy" sport clearly you never played that game , and while football isn't as physical as it once was history has showed us what concussions , and being beat to hell to do to long term health , just take a look at some of the old school players who can't remember the day before , or walk straight without falling , the game has changed for the better.
    04 MERCURY MARAUDER build date:02/11/04
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

**WHIPPLE 4.0L CRUSHER!**0000 (FOR NOW) RWHP

VISIT MY GARAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF MODS

I say bring on Rollerball, t

2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Let us hope she doesn't go on a psychotic Ashley Judd tirade and embarrass the planet again. That's why aliens won't make contact with us.
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

Hopefully they have a 10 second delay on the broadcast and someone responsible on the "OFF BUTTON"!!
    No Marauder

With zz top mentioned a couple of times, they are actually playing at Super Bowl Live tonight in Houston.

What football fan actually watches the half time show? The show is to cater to a wider audience and draw people in who wouldn't normally watch a football game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll take "Who the hell is Lady Gaga?" for $400, Alex...
    sent from my rotary phone using Technicolor

2004 SILVER BIRCH/BLACK PAINT
    DARK CHARCOAL NUDO LEATHER
    #400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT (SOLD)

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL
    #1763 off ~2100
    NOW WITH A 392 & 3.73 posi!

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOWN View Post
    Since when did basketball become a "sissy" sport clearly you never played that game , and while football isn't as physical as it once was history has showed us what concussions , and being beat to hell to do to long term health , just take a look at some of the old school players who can't remember the day before , or walk straight without falling , the game has changed for the better.
    I respectfully disagree. The game has gotten soft. Professional players take risk that's why they are paid the big bucks. Lowest paid player made 435K(2015) and you can bet they were 3rd stringers. Now if you are talking college or high school football then maybe some extra rules need to be in play.

http://moneynation.com/how-much-mone...-players-make/

I used sissy when comparing the 'big 4'. Football and hockey seem the least sissy, so that leaves baseball and basketball. Baseball seems to require some sort of strategy and the players are always scratching themselves and spitting chew. Basketball is guys running one way then the other and shooting the ball. While I can appreciate their physical fitness it seems to me to be the least manly man of the 4. JMO You may disagree and that's fine. If we all agreed on everything the World would be a boring place.

I played basketball in my youth, though not well. I find it boring to play and even more boring to watch. Went to some games in college and usually left after a short stint. Just couldn't get into it.

Talking Winner best post yet

Quote Originally Posted by BAD MERC View Post
    Let us hope she doesn't go on a psychotic Ashley Judd tirade and embarrass the planet again. That's why aliens won't make contact with us.
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

Arrow Always

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOWN View Post
    Basketball has always been a sissy sport touch another player and its a foul.
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

Did you know the half time acts perform for free, yes they do it for exposer and record sales by tapping new fans.
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdogjim View Post
    Did you know the half time acts perform for free, yes they do it for exposer and record sales by tapping new fans.

I think it's some of the fans wanting to do the tapping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Sing, can't sing isn't really the point. If she were singing at a sissy sporting event like basketball I'd say no problem. Football is Metallica, ZZTop you know a testosterone driven sport. Football used to be a get down in the mud, dirty, bloody, ruff and tumble step on guys fingers ala Conrad Dobler, fight with...well everybody Lyle Alzado, pound Earl Campbell up the middle 40x a game, Reggie White kill the QB, play with Jack Ham broken fingers sport. A game Art Donovan could be proud of, then came the advent of AstroTurf and the sissifing of the rules. You can't touch the kicker, no touching the QB after he throws the ball, boo hoo we don't want our overpaid sissy players to get hurt. It's been a slow slide downhill ever since. Next thing you know teams will be disbanding their scantily clad cheerleaders.
    After typing that all out now I understand the choice of Lady Gaga. Football has become a sissy sport.
    I'm sure Charles Barkley or Shaq would love to have a conversation with you about basketball being a "sissy sport". Also, Lady Gaga has a pretty good singing voice. Maybe you would like it better if she performed with someone more your age like Tony Bennett. Oop's, she already does that.
    2004 Silver Birch; Sold in 2009
    Trilogy #73, 410's, K&N Air Intake, Widen Rear Wheels, Flowmaster 50 Series, Balanced Driveshaft
    415 RWHP, 436 RWTQ; Best time 12.9
    Kenwood Audio, Signal Mirrors, GodsHead Badges on front and back

I respectfully disagree. The game has gotten soft. Professional players take risk that's why they are paid the big bucks. Lowest paid player made 435K(2015) and you can bet they were 3rd stringers. Now if you are talking college or high school football then maybe some extra rules need to be in play.

http://moneynation.com/how-much-mone...-players-make/

I used sissy when comparing the 'big 4'. Football and hockey seem the least sissy, so that leaves baseball and basketball. Baseball seems to require some sort of strategy and the players are always scratching themselves and spitting chew. Basketball is guys running one way then the other and shooting the ball. While I can appreciate their physical fitness it seems to me to be the least manly man of the 4. JMO You may disagree and that's fine. If we all agreed on everything the World would be a boring place.

I played basketball in my youth, though not well. I find it boring to play and even more boring to watch. Went to some games in college and usually left after a short stint. Just couldn't get into it.
    I guess it becomes a man's sport when you get life threatening injuries that kill you or make you wanna to abuse women or commit suicide. Don't kid yourself, football has gotten soft too.
    Trilogy #73, 410's, K&N Air Intake, Widen Rear Wheels, Flowmaster 50 Series, Balanced Driveshaft

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdogjim View Post
    Basketball has always been a sissy sport touch another player and its a foul.
    Basketball changed because people want to see "Highlight Reel" performances. It was great to see my hometown "Pistons" whip butt and win championships. The Pistons had a lot to do with how the game changed. It during this time when they were beating up on the "Bulls" and Michael Jordon. This is when the "Jordon Rules" came to be. Back then if you drove line you may have gotten away with it the first time. The second time you getting knocked on your butt. "Bad Boys Ruled"!!!!!!!!!!
    All sports have changed. You don't see fighting on the ice in hockey like you used to. Baseball has a pitcher to start, a middle pitcher and a closer. Oh, and they get to pitch every 5th day. I remember Denny Mclain pitching 3 times in the 67' World Series. Back then pitchers would pitch when needed. There was only a four man rotation not five. I guess you say cars have gotten soft because they don't have the metal dashboards and drum brakes they used to have. Believe me everything has gotten soft.

Quote Originally Posted by stevengerard View Post
    Uh, she is actually quite talented - coming from a 50 some-year old musician. Might not be your preference but.....

Hell, she sings with Tony Bennett! Thier remake of Christmas songs is awesome, "I really can't stay... Baby it's cold outside..."

And while she is all over the map, you can't say she isn't talented.

BTW, Prince ROCKED the Super Bowl... In the rain!

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information