Thread: Cooling mod for CA cars

Wink Cooling mod for CA cars

I just picked up my car after having the transmission upgraded with the Reinhart level II package, deep pan and Stallion t/c. While the tranny was out I had the Reinhart cross-flow cooling modification installed. The cooling mod comes with no instructions but there are excellent photos of it installed on the Reinhart forum which was pretty much all the shop needed. A word to those in California: the pictures in the forum are of a motor without California's emission controls. Apparently we get some extra plumbing on our motors. It's no big deal as the shop estimate was for one hour labor from looking at the photos of the non-CA motor and the job came in at just one hour even with the extra pumbing to work around. Just a "heads up" to those of you in the Golden State.

Ya know... we've been debating if there were actual *physical* differences between the CA Emissions cars and the non-CA cars. This may be the answer!! Or at least a clue...
    '03 300b - all the bolt-ons (SOLD)
    '93 Mustang Notch - restored w/ all the bolt-ons (SOLD)
    '97 F350 Powerstroke 5 spd, 4" straight pipe, 5" stacks, Rockford system, 35" tires...(SOLD)
    '95 Lightning - bolt-ons and susp (Totalled)
    '93 Stang Notch - full resto with autocross susp (SOLD)
    '01 Lightning - 3"/4" drop and full bolt-ons... FAST.

Thanks for the heads up, valleyman! I've ordered and received Dennis' cooling mod as well, but haven't had it installed yet (waiting to do my Stallion TC at the same time, but gotta have the stall speed changed).

2003 Mercury Marauder 300B, matte-black, S55 taillights.
    B&M transmission/Precision Industries TC; Eibach-lowered; Addco rear anti-sway; Metco rear control arms; Steeda UDP; 180° 'stat.

Thanks for the tip! This mod is on the wish list...good to know about issues before hand.
    Sactown

If your installer is looking at the pics Dennis posted here the EGR tube is not installed.In the pics the tube runs from left to right from the left manifold to the upper right side of the intake.Dennis mentions the tubes needs to be "adjusted" during installation.

I don't think theres any difference in "hard parts" between "49 state"and CA.

hitchhiker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NBC Shooter
    Thanks for the heads up, valleyman! I've ordered and received Dennis' cooling mod as well, but haven't had it installed yet (waiting to do my Stallion TC at the same time, but gotta have the stall speed changed).
    How much was the cooling mod?

Thanks,

David

Thread Information