Thread: Good bye, Good Night and Good Luck

Good bye, Good Night and Good Luck

I finalized my deal and as of 10:36 AM (EST) am no longer a Marauder owner. I will miss the helpfulness of this group. I will miss the look that other drivers would give as we would pass each other on the highway and I will really miss the guys that would lean out the window giving the thumbs up. I even had a cop and a fireman wave at me 2 weeks ago thinking that I was one of them. If they only knew.

Hope everyone takes care and I'll see you on the "other side." I crossed the wrong side of 40 three months ago, and while some may call it maturity, it feels an awful lot like defeat.
    300A Black, Purchased Oct 2002, Sold December 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    I finalized my deal and as of 10:36 AM (EST) am no longer a Marauder owner.

I crossed the wrong side of 40 three months ago, and while some may call it maturity, it feels an awful lot like defeat.
    Once a Marauderman, always a Marauderman. No need to drop out now ... you already have the "grin" and the secret handshake. Stick around and enjoy the fun.

Over 40 is only defeat if you let it be. I passed that mark some 16 years ago. Did my first drag racing at age 53. Old age is a state of mind .... and that is one state that me and my Marauder ain't passing through.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Mad4Macs Guest

Talking

Hope everyone takes care and I'll see you on the "other side." I crossed the wrong side of 40 three months ago, and while some may call it maturity, it feels an awful lot like defeat.
    Bah humbug! Just do what I did... buy a shiny new red Mustang GT and hang out here anyways.
    Kids these days, oy!

Looking ahead

I crossed the wrong side of 40 three months ago, and while some may call it maturity, it feels an awful lot like defeat.
    I was 65 when the wife and I were on the dealer lot looking at the Ho Hum Grand Marquis' to replace our old one. She, sensing my total lack of enthusiasm, , pointed me in another direction and asked "do you like that one"? One look at that Marauder and I immediately felt a "quickening of the loins" and gulped YESSSS.

She looked at the salesman and said we'll take it.

The rest is history.

You will just have to be passionate about something else now.

Pat
    Last edited by Pat; 12-26-2006 at 02:34 PM.

Take It From The Old Man

Once you get Marauder in your blood, it is a lifetime infection--nothing will kill it---so stay here with us so we can administer sustaining care to a young whippersnapper. Bought my Marauder at 75--first drag race at 75--first road race at 75---still going strong at 78- you have just begun to live---the best is yet to come. Don'ty abandon the friends you have made here--we like you. Have a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year----Maury
    2003 MM 300B Black
    Born 11/12/02 Adopted 3/29/03
    "SHADOW"
    Hood Ornament

Yeah what they all typed. I had a '70 X100 at age 19, got busy with life when over the road with Tour busses and let the car go, came off the road and bought a Ford pick up truck When i read marauder was headed my way again I was first to sign up the local dealer. Stop in now again, and post up what are you getting to replace it? No flames, just tell us, please
    Best of luck with your ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluerauder View Post
    Once a Marauderman, always a Marauderman. [/B].
    Ah...........thanks Blue........I didn't think you cared.....oh.....excuse me.....I see what you mean----yeah---right on---Marauderman----a name that truly fits us all.....and kinda catchy too..cough..cough...Tom
    03' MM Black 300 A - (FOR SALE--)
    Build Date 6/25/02 - #1,987 of 7,839 for '03
    Vortech T- TRIM -Water to Air -
    12.45 at 109.6 MPH
    1.92 Sec .- 60 '
    Alt .SSHS 9 --11/7/09

'06 CV P71 Street Pkg
    Interior Marauder Floor Shift
    All New Parts

'12 F-150 KingRanch Off Rd Pkg.
    373 Gear EcoBoost- Does What's Asked

In Memoriam....11-14-13
    He loved this site so MUCH! and the Members More!!

Rex Weinbender (SC Cheesehead)

One of the best friend a person could have

Sorry to see the Marauder go.
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

Quote Originally Posted by Marauderman View Post
    Ah...........thanks Blue........I didn't think you cared.....oh.....excuse me.....I see what you mean----yeah---right on---Marauderman----a name that truly fits us all.....and kinda catchy too..cough..cough...Tom
    I knew that I saw that name around here somewhere. Take it as a compliment in the truest sense of the word.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

So, what did you get to replace the MM?
    Good luck, and stay around.
    ~Jim

2004 Mercury Marauder SB

Quote Originally Posted by Bluerauder View Post
    I knew that I saw that name around here somewhere. Take it as a compliment in the truest sense of the word.
    Thanks Blue--I do---.thats what I have realized about my screen name----we all are and can be called Marauderman cause thats what we became upon ownership.......cool eh!!...........
    03' MM Black 300 A - (FOR SALE--)
    Build Date 6/25/02 - #1,987 of 7,839 for '03
    Vortech T- TRIM -Water to Air -
    12.45 at 109.6 MPH
    1.92 Sec .- 60 '
    Alt .SSHS 9 --11/7/09

'06 CV P71 Street Pkg
    Interior Marauder Floor Shift
    All New Parts

'12 F-150 KingRanch Off Rd Pkg.
    373 Gear EcoBoost- Does What's Asked

In Memoriam....11-14-13
    He loved this site so MUCH! and the Members More!!

Rex Weinbender (SC Cheesehead)

One of the best friend a person could have

Yeah, things are good!
    Don't turn the light out yet!
    2004 Trilogy #93P 12.2@113 Built and stalled

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    Well Marc, you'll be back. Many have tried to leave by selling their Marauder. Just doesn't seem to work.
    come back and tell us what you bought instead. Prius, Vespa, doesn't matter.

Somewhere out there, there is another Marauder with your name on it....waiting......
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

Thank you

Thanks for all of the good wishes. I purchased an SRX, which is nice and all and has some cajones to it, but it feels like a minivan. I spent 2 hours yesterday trying to figure out how all of the 'doo-dads' work. I'll get into something good a couple of years from now, but with the kids at 6 and 4, we needed another family truckster that goes in the snow. And I suppose the timing is good because it snowed last night.

I know I got a little melodramatic, but yesterday felt like my team lost in the final seconds of a big game. Today, it just feels like I have a hangover.
    300A Black, Purchased Oct 2002, Sold December 2006

You'll come back...Once a Marauder owner, always a Marauder owner...And yeah, its a great feeling seeing people look at you....People noticing you...One guy said "Nice car"...and the girlfriend actually was able to read his lips..LOL....

Thread Information