Getting the Christmas list started.

What do you use?

Is this any good?

http://m.craftsman.com/craftsman-mic...p-00931423000P

Thanks again!

Good deal!
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsUpDOHC View Post
    Getting the Christmas list started.

What do you use?

Is this any good?

http://m.craftsman.com/craftsman-mic...p-00931423000P

Thanks again!

That's the little guy I use. First one the lock on the handle broke. Second one has been perfect for all my light duty stuff.

I only bought it because I borrowed Guspech's (same) and thought it was pretty durable. As much as I can't stand Craftsman, I do like this wrench.

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    Good deal!
    Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    That's the little guy I use. First one the lock on the handle broke. Second one has been perfect for all my light duty stuff.

I only bought it because I borrowed Guspech's (same) and thought it was pretty durable. As much as I can't stand Craftsman, I do like this wrench.

Builder Of Badassery
    All I need to know.

Thanks!!
    03 Black MM: Trilogy #19, Build Date 04/02/03 #7113
    03 SB MM: Lidio Tune/JLT CAI DD Build Date 04/02/03 #7114

I had both 3/8 and 1/2 versions, maybe a slightly older generation.

Solid torque wrenches - I would not hesitate to get them again.
    I eat apples until my stomach feels much more full than its normal.

I believe Craftsman torque wrenches are NOT covered by their lifetime warranty. All my torque wrenches are Craftsman.
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

I believe Craftsman torque wrenches are NOT covered by their lifetime warranty. All my torque wrenches are Craftsman.
    Correct....my (circa 1980) 1/2" Craftsman Digitork torque wrench quit clicking and gave up the ghost a few years ago.
    The SEARS repair facility near me said that it was not covered under their lifetime tool warranty.
    I sent it off to SEARS torque wrench repair facility somewhere in Texas.
    Came back like new with a certificate with the calibration procedure/settings.... all for $52 which included shipping.

I also have the smaller 3/8" Digitork wrench for low ft-lb/in-lb ratings.
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

Correct. They wouldn't stand behind my first one even though it was less than a year old. Cheap plastic lock. But what else are you going to buy that is anywhere near the quality? At least my second one was half off and in stock when I needed it plus it was built more rugged than the last. Hmm. Design flaw addressed?

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

The plastic locks must be a weak point because both my 1/2" Craftsman and 3/8" Craftsman torque wrenches' locks broke.

Which is why I use Snap On or CDI torque wrenches now.
    It would be great if they fixed this issue, if so I can buy cheap accurate torque wrenches again!
    Ex Panther Owner

I broke the lock on mine too, they argued with me but I had a receipt proving it was 3 months old and got a new one.
    2003 Black - sold, back again, and sold
    2003 DBP/DC - #153 Whipple 3.4 (permanent garage art)
    2003 DBP/LF - # 36 (Sold)
    2003 DBP/LF - # 205 (Sold)
    2004 Black - Trilogy #43
    2003 Black - shitbox

Like I mentioned before my newer one looks to be a better design.

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Correct. They wouldn't stand behind my first one even though it was less than a year old. Cheap plastic lock. But what else are you going to buy that is anywhere near the quality? At least my second one was half off and in stock when I needed it plus it was built more rugged than the last. Hmm. Design flaw addressed?

Builder Of Badassery
    Do you really need the lock?
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

Do you really need the lock?
    Yes, the handle twists easily when you pull and it could throw off the torque
    2003 Black - sold, back again, and sold
    2003 DBP/DC - #153 Whipple 3.4 (permanent garage art)
    2003 DBP/LF - # 36 (Sold)
    2003 DBP/LF - # 205 (Sold)
    2004 Black - Trilogy #43
    2003 Black - shitbox

Quote Originally Posted by Comin' in Hot View Post
    Yes, the handle twists easily when you pull and it could throw off the torque

Mine was broke so bad that the handle itself was sliding front to back. The entire handle loosens once the lock breaks and you continue to use. Obviously at this point you own a shiny 3/8" drive breaker bar or a craigslist attitude adjustment instrument for those just incase moments. 🏻

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

I bought the wrench linked in the OP's post about year ago. Don't use it much, mostly for spark plugs and other low-torque stuff, but it seems identical to my 1/2" drive wrench and I love that one.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information