Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mysterious Missing Trilogy Car Cover

Mysterious Missing Trilogy Car Cover

After installing a Trilogy supercharger almost 1 year ago, I purchased a Marauder car cover from our parts department ( I work at a Ford store ). The cover fits like a glove with "Marauder" imprinted on the lower front of the hood. Jerry e-mailed me the Trilogy Motorsport logo, which I had transferred to a silk screen embossed above the "Marauder" on the cover. It came out incredible!!!!!!
    Well, with the car backed into the garage, we carfully rolled the cover off the back of the car, and left it lying on the garage floor. My son proceeded to take his father-in-law for an impressive 1/2 hour ride ( with me in the back seat ). Upon arriving home, the cover was gone ( SPOOKY). My wife and friends were at home the entire time and did not see or hear anything. The garage is 3/8 of a mile up our driveway, off a very rural country road.
    I then had to purchase a second cover, and have the Trilogy logo imprinted (it took almost 3 months to get it back this time). I recieved it just this week. The missing car cover still remains a mystery! OOOOOOOHHHH!

TripleTransAm Guest
    You can blame the infamous Car Cover gnomes. Ingenious lot that they are, they have this ambitious plan to build up an incredible amount of riches with a rather straightforward 3 step plan:

1) Go around and steal all the car covers they can find.
    3) profit.

(anyone get the reference?)

2005Marauder Guest

Reminds me of the Missing Thanksgiving Gravy.

There were 3 cans of store-bought gravy on the kitchen counter. At least 10 Women and 5 men including me saw the cans. Came gravy time and no cans. We had about 25 adults over and suspected a prank by one on the younger males. He swore it wasn't him. We searched the whole house many times, searched outside, searched everyones cars, several times but never found the gravy. We suspect he took it into the woods, so my adult son came over a few days later with his metal detector--but nothing. We still talk about this every Thanksgiving dinner. I've been known to come out with the gravy and kidding that she found those missing cans
    Last edited by 2005Marauder; 11-19-2004 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleTransAm
    3) profit.

You forgot step #2

2)???

Classic episode
    2003 Marauder 300eh - Stock

Born: 12/03/2002
    Adopted 02/17/2003

Trilogy #243

AVIC D3
    SS Inserts.
    Metco Control arms and Watts link.
    QA1 8 way adjustable shocks and struts.
    Addco front and rear anti-roll bars.
    Wilwood front brakes.

I can't drive 55. I'm looking forward to not being able to drive 75 ether.

TripleTransAm Guest
    Years ago I was changing the valvecover gaskets on my '78 T/A, after having received a notice from the legal department at Exxon threatening punitive action because I was risking taking publicity away from the Valdez.

As I was replacing a driver's side bolt (more like a screw, really) and telling myself to be careful because I didn't want to lose any, of course I dropped one. After a couple of 'tinks' and 'clanks' and then silence, I stooped down to look for the item underneath the car. Nothing. Not a sign of it. I searched high and low, and poked here and there but NO sign of that blasted fastener.

I tightened the remaining bolts and then drove off to a local hardware store to search for a similar fastener. Found something somewhat interchangeable, but it stuck out like a sore thumb when looking at the engine. Oh well. Drove back home, put it in, and went on my way. If the original fastener had been semi-stuck in my engine bay, it would surely fall onto the road somewhere and be lost forever.

A year later, I'm inspecting my front suspension and on a whim, I grab one of those flexible prods with a magnetic tip and began poking around on TOP of the crossmember, under the oil pan. tink! Hmmm, I got something. The original bolt. I guess it had embedded itself in the sludge that had oozed onto the top of the crossmember over the years, as my 400 did its best imitation of an ecological disaster.

Unfortunately, I haven't been as lucky with the two 3/4 inch sockets that the car has devoured since 2001, never to be found again.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM LEONARD
    After installing a Trilogy supercharger almost 1 year ago, I purchased a Marauder car cover from our parts department ( I work at a Ford store ). The cover fits like a glove with "Marauder" imprinted on the lower front of the hood. Jerry e-mailed me the Trilogy Motorsport logo, which I had transferred to a silk screen embossed above the "Marauder" on the cover. It came out incredible!!!!!!
    Well, with the car backed into the garage, we carfully rolled the cover off the back of the car, and left it lying on the garage floor. My son proceeded to take his father-in-law for an impressive 1/2 hour ride ( with me in the back seat ). Upon arriving home, the cover was gone ( SPOOKY). My wife and friends were at home the entire time and did not see or hear anything. The garage is 3/8 of a mile up our driveway, off a very rural country road.
    I then had to purchase a second cover, and have the Trilogy logo imprinted (it took almost 3 months to get it back this time). I recieved it just this week. The missing car cover still remains a mystery! OOOOOOOHHHH!

.............................. ..........Bears............... ........
    63 1/2' Merc 406 (434ci) tri-powered "Ratsmoker"

TripleTransAm Guest
    What does a football team have to do with a missing car cover?

....Mice....really BIG mice...
    2017 Niro

Now, Raiders - that I could see.

Ever wonder why when you drop a socket, it rolls to the dead center under the car?

Gravonometric density of the engine block just pulls it under perhaps?
    2003 Marauder 300eh - Stock

Born: 12/03/2002
    Adopted 02/17/2003

Trilogy #243

AVIC D3
    SS Inserts.
    Metco Control arms and Watts link.
    QA1 8 way adjustable shocks and struts.
    Addco front and rear anti-roll bars.
    Wilwood front brakes.

I can't drive 55. I'm looking forward to not being able to drive 75 ether.

Those covers are pretty light - if the wind came up it might have blown out of the garage and who knows where after that.
    SOLD '03 300A Black - "805" of 7838
    Plate - "EVILMERC"

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Gillom Rogers: [Books is giving Gillom a shooting lesson] Mr. Books, How is it you've killed so many men? My spread wasn't much bigger than yours.
    John Bernard Books: First of all,friend, there's no one up there shooting back at you. Second, I found most men aren't willing, they bat an eye, or draw a breath before they shoot. I won't.

gnomes!!

made me laugh out loud!! nice one tta!
    Last edited by tallboy; 11-19-2004 at 05:46 PM.
    2003 Marauder 300A
    Trilogy Supercharger Serial #0054
    Installed by Carfixer 10/16/2004

Tallboy's Garage

........ok......bears......... ....

Quote Originally Posted by 2005Marauder
    There were 3 cans of store-bought gravy on the kitchen counter. At least 10 Women and 5 men including me saw the cans. Came gravy time and no cans. We had about 25 adults over and suspected a prank by one on the younger males. He swore it wasn't him. We searched the whole house many times, searched outside, searched everyones cars, several times but never found the gravy. We suspect he took it into the woods, so my adult son came over a few days later with his metal detector--but nothing. We still talk about this every Thanksgiving dinner. I've been known to come out with the gravy and kidding that she found those missing cans

You'all didn't wonder why the puddin tasted like it had gravy in it?

I thought phase one was underpants
    "From the forest itself comes the handle for the axe"

He's here! Carson James Mo--our 1st
    Born 6/02/2005

Member Windy City Marauders

1988 Mustang LX notch
    5.0 5 speed
    Engine by Total Performance
    GONE rear ended by a douchbag on his phone

1990 Mustang LX Notch bought from the original owner

2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (hers)

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny
    (")_(")* into your signature to help her gain world domination.

You can blame the infamous Car Cover gnomes. Ingenious lot that they are, they have this ambitious plan to build up an incredible amount of riches with a rather straightforward 3 step plan:

3) profit.

I think "underpants" is #2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information