Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alignment Flags

Car fixer is correct in his settings. I had new BFG KDWS installed and the front end lined up to the factory specs (much like the specs the dealer reported to you) at 20K. The tires were balanced every 5k and the alignment was rechecked at 47K. This week I saw the inside edge of the fronts was considerably more worn than the center or outside edge of each front tire. The wear looked much worse once the tires were removed from the rims. OK, 37k miles is close enough to the 40k mileage warranty to eliminate complaint. With car fixers spec in hand I took the MM to the only front end guy I trust. We discovered the camber adjustment maxed out at -.75. The factory cam and the hole in the frame would reduce it no further. We also could reduce the caster no further than -6. Some of this can be corrected with new (factory height or slightly taller) springs. However the local alignment parts supply offers a modified camber bolt/cam assy which has a more eccentric cam to provide 1.5 deg of adjustment beyond the factory bolt/cam. It is necessary to open up the hole in the frame with a die grinder to accomodate the shift of the bolt created by the more eccentric cam. The relief is not more than 1/8". This will allow a bit more caster adjustment as well. I do not have the part # but it should be available thru a front end supplier. H and H in Toledo is the source we ordered from.

I got my camber bolts from here

http://spcalignment.net/component/sp...tion&pid=87365

They are not exactly cheap, and had the only alignment shop I trust as well, install them last summer. I will be changing out the tires soon as they BFG's were already heavily worn to the inside so not sure how new tires wear is.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    I got my camber bolts from here

http://spcalignment.net/component/sp...tion&pid=87365

They are not exactly cheap, and had the only alignment shop I trust as well, install them last summer. I will be changing out the tires soon as they BFG's were already heavily worn to the inside so not sure how new tires wear is.
    I installed them on my DBP, it's the only way to get into Carfixer's with a lowered MM.... It took my about 3 1/2 hours with jack stands and filling by hand. Well worth the money
    2003 Black - sold, back again, and sold
    2003 DBP/DC - #153 Whipple 3.4 (permanent garage art)
    2003 DBP/LF - # 36 (Sold)
    2003 DBP/LF - # 205 (Sold)
    2004 Black - Trilogy #43
    2003 Black - shitbox

Ready to get 4 new tires this month & insist I get alligned with cafixers specs or say I will go to someone who can. Are you saying a a stock MM will never get attain them. Never heard this before, if so what do I want ? As close as they can get to carfixers specs or what ? Don't want to go in and ask for something that's not possible. Responses please, do not want to pass up the deal on tires that are being offered.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbok1951 View Post
    Ready to get 4 new tires this month & insist I get alligned with cafixers specs or say I will go to someone who can. Are you saying a a stock MM will never get attain them. Never heard this before, if so what do I want ? As close as they can get to carfixers specs or what ? Don't want to go in and ask for something that's not possible. Responses please, do not want to pass up the deal on tires that are being offered.
    Carfixers specs work on my stock MM everytime.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    Carfixers specs work on my stock MM everytime.
    Me too! Both of them.
    Excess in Moderation.

Sprinkles are for winners.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information