Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Trilogy Car #..... Whats your number?

MikesMerc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokie
    I myself am not actually interested in knowing who bought what, I found it interesting that so many T-Kit owners have no interest in what we do here, that's all.

I think the large amount of sales to non MM.net members is simply a testiment of the Trilogy kit's wide appeal to the market and just how good a kit it is. With so many non mm.net sales its obvious that the "bandwagon" theory put forth by a few others here just doesn't hold any water. I beleive the Trilogy kit is just that damn good at delivering on its performance, reliability, and fit and finish promises.

Who cares... they all blow hot air.
    '04 MARAUDER
    Born on 4/20/04 -- Foster Care on 5/11/04 -- Adopted on 01/27/05
    Heated Seats 6 Disc CD Changer Moonroof
    JLT CAI--Silverstars Heads/Fogs--SCT-9100
    SB IX - SB X - SB XIII - SB XIV - SB XL - SB XLIII
    Trilogy S/C In Due Time

Quote Originally Posted by MikesMerc
    I think the large amount of sales to non MM.net members is simply a testiment of the Trilogy kit's wide appeal to the market and just how good a kit it is. With so many non mm.net sales its obvious that the "bandwagon" theory put forth by a few others here just doesn't hold any water.
    I agree, Mike, it's been rather big of us to believe that one goes hand in hand with the other.

Kenny Brown built more than 50 Marauder S cars, yet, only 4 owners are members here. In the order of frequency we post here, it's me, Haggis, BigJoeP, and John H. Russo. That's 4 out of 50, and not a good representation for the one web site for the Mercury Marauder.

You may include Bill Hall from Portsmouth, VA., who recently got crunched in a collision, but Bill is another "I don't own a computer, and I'm not interested in getting on-line" kind of guy. He could be number 4.5, because things like this happen. The bottom line is that folks buy what they want to own it, and not everyone in America owns a computer, or, wants to, despite how we may feel about that.

This may seem odd to us, but it's not odd to them. Truth be known, had I come upon this scene later than I have, I would own a Trilogy, but not a screen name here.

Quote Originally Posted by SergntMac
    Kenny Brown built more than 50 Marauder S cars, yet, only 4 owners are members here. In the order of frequency we post here, it's me, Haggis, BigJoeP, and John H. Russo. That's 4 out of 50, and not a good representation for the one web site for the Mercury Marauder.
    You forgot N40GL

U.S.M.C 1988-1992

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Thumbs up Who ya gonna call?

There are thousands of MM owners that don't have a clue about MM.net or power adders.
    That's our mission:To infect the ownerbase with mods!
    Whichever they prefer.
    2004 Trilogy #93P 12.2@113 Built and stalled

Donna Guest
    Yeah, I figured there are plenty of folks who own MM's and never heard of us, or don't want anything to do with us. No surprise there. I have to admit that the majority of MM's with T-Kits not being a part of this forum seems like an anomaly.

Look at it this way, Jerry sells more kits outside this club; than inside it...or so it seems.
    One of the questions that I have been asking recently to the customers is if they belong to this forum. If not, I tell them about it. The person who is getting kit 102 knew nothing about this formum and after I told them about this forum, they did check it out. I am not sure if they joined yet or not.
    Last edited by Donna; 08-16-2005 at 04:21 AM.

Donna Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Defyant
    I am sure that many of the "guest" trollers are, were or will be Trilogy customers too.

I was hoping to fill in the blanks with locations.

For instance:

90. DEW34
    91. New York
    92. Mongo
    93. Bradley G
    94. Georgia
    95. Jasonblair
    96. Maryland
    97. Texas
    98. Jdando
    99. Washington
    100. MaLo03
    101. Maine
    102. North Carolina
    103. Cheeseheadbob

This would help to complete the list. Of course this info whould have to be supplied by Trilogy and posted with their blessing.

I did ask Jerry once before about suppling the rest of the names and he wished not to. The thought of just adding their state is a good idea. I will check with Jerry on this and let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus
    You forgot N40GL
    OMG, yes, I did!

My sincere apolgies to Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by SergntMac
    I would own a Trilogy, but not a screen name here.
    That's an odd post Mac (not the Trilogy part, because if I had to do it all over again, I woul dprobably have installed a Trilogy set up too), but does that mean you would not have joined up here on MM.net?

Quote Originally Posted by Donna
    I did ask Jerry once before about suppling the rest of the names and he wished not to. The thought of just adding their state is a good idea. I will check with Jerry on this and let you know.
    Better not tell what State Donna, we will track them down and "out them", we will force them to interact. Pressure them into buying a scanner; 'cause we ain't buying how fast they run...gotta see that slip baby !!!!
    Smokie
    12.79 @ 107 mph.
    60' 1.851 Street tires & Stock wheels.
    TIMESLIPS
    Performance Mods: Base Trilogy Kit, Exhaust, PHP Airbox.
    Visit my Garage
    Florida "The Supercharged State"

I myself am not actually interested in knowing who bought what, I found it interesting that so many T-Kit owners have no interest in what we do here, that's all.
    Exactly...and I certainly agree with Jerry Barnes's decision to not release the names of owners...but it DOES seem rather odd that someone would install what could arguably be called "the ultimate performance mod" (and I'm including ALL brands of S/C here), yet have no desire to interact with the like-minded members of this site. Perhaps, as Tallboy suggested, these people are some of the more than 2800 members who have never posted.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Quote Originally Posted by Tallboy
    My cousin told me about a guy in Shelton, Ct. [the next town over from where I'm from and where Billy lives] who has a Trilogy Marauder, but does not own a computer. He works with my cousin and said he saw the ad Jerry runs in IMOA.
    What?!!!???!!!! I want name, phone number, SS#, VIN#, ET's, and HP & TQ#'s........

all kidding around aside, I don't need to know names, but if the unaccounted for Trilogy customers aren't members of this board, then I'd like to know what state they're in, because I had no idea that there were other S/Ced Marauders inmy home state. I think that's pretty cool.

PRIMEAU Guest

Smile #97 (Ontario), Checking In

This is my first post here. Almost everything I know about my Marauder I learned from this site so I have not really had much to contribute I guess.

At one point I was actually happy with it stock ( I think ). So I am one of those 2,800 sponges whose every mod was well researched on this site and well appreciated. Thanks I have learned a ton!

The car is at the shop now waiting to have the #97 kit and new exhaust installed, can't wait for the first ride in the new beast, hopefully next week.

Nittos are in too, but looks like I will have to wait until the winter to widen the rims (cannot seem to find anyone around here to do it so looks like I will need to ship them to Liddo).

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGman
    What?!!!???!!!! I want name, phone number, SS#, VIN#, ET's, and HP & TQ#'s........

all kidding around aside, I don't need to know names, but if the unaccounted for Trilogy customers aren't members of this board, then I'd like to know what state they're in, because I had no idea that there were other S/Ced Marauders inmy home state. I think that's pretty cool.

Welcome and congradulations we continue to fill in the Gaps!

Hey Hey #97
    2004 Trilogy #93P 12.2@113 Built and stalled

PRIMEAU on your purchase and on your first post!!

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread Information