Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello! I Just Purchased a '04 DTR

kcronin6666 Guest

Hello! I Just Purchased a '04 DTR

I'm a disallusioned former pontiac guy and new to foMoCo, so please bear with me. After owning 7 new TA's and one 04 gto since 1980 and watching gm and pontiac in particular throw away their performance hereitage, I was fed up and walked away. During this period I noticed that the blue oval guys where very active and there is and abundence of performance parts for ford//mercs. As a new Marauder owner, and just coming off a LS1/6sp gto, I was hoping for some suggestions for adding performance to this 300B. The only addition so far is a k&n air filter. The Marauder in 100% stock. I love the vehicle, as a father of 2 girls, 2 and 5, I can now get car seats in the car . Any help with performance ideas will be much appreiciated.

Welcome aboard. There is an ambundance of knowledge about power adders from members here.

Basic power adder would be a tune, intake, gears.
    From there you can go with exhaust, torque converter.
    After that, supercharger.

2003 Mercury Marauder - 300A (Born 9/02, Purchased 1/16/04)
    • 1 Coil Cut Off Front Springs & Rear Air Suspension Lowered
    • PIAA Xtreme White 9007's
    • Red Reflective "MARAUDER" Inserts
    • JLT Performance Intake
    • Accufab Throttle Body
    • SCT-1725 Tuned
    • Borla Mufflers

Welcome!

What would you like to do?

Performance:
    Tune
    Gears
    CAI
    Exhaust
    Supercharger
    Torque Converter

Handling:
    Front Sway Bar
    Rear Sway Bar
    Rear Control Arms (both upper and lower)

The list can really go on for just about forever. It's all up to what you want, and how much you can afford!

KillJoy

PS - Where you located?
    Last edited by KillJoy; 06-21-2006 at 12:05 PM.

Nice taste in Automobiles....BTW, aren't all of the 2004's 300A's?
    Former owner of a 2004 DTR MM

Nope.....they are all "B's"

KillJoy

Quote Originally Posted by KillJoy
    Nope.....they are all "B's"

KillJoy
    You are wrong sir

kcronin6666 Guest

Talking

Located in Flint, Michigan, Work in Mt.Clemens near detroit at Selfridge Air Force Base. As you see I drive the car mostly on highway and would like to increase the all around performance, 1/4 mile doesn't really do it for me, more like road race performance.

Welcome aboard. Enjoy the site and your new ride.
    (#6178 in black per FPIC)
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Alex "Marauderboi" Vachon 3/2/92-8/13/10
    Paula Babineau 1/9/67-8/2/11
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

See my garage file for part numbers and whatnot.

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

Welcome aboard! I have an '04 DTR as well. I just purchased 4.10's for it and plan on putting them in next week.

Your opportunities are broad wiht this big 'ol Merc. All those on the site, owners and vendors, have done an outstanding job of developing and documenting the progression of modifications for our lovely beasts.

Have fun and take care. You are the owner af a pretty rare car.
    Built: 3/16/2004
    Number 9,879 of 11,052 for Total Production
    Number 2,040 of 3,213 for 2004 Model Year
    Number 663 of 980 Dark Toreador Red Produced
    Dark Charcoal Interior - CD Changer - Heated Seats - Trunk Oganizer - Moonroof - Rear Deck Spoiler
    Trilogy S/C kit #224 installed August 2010
    Detroit Tru-Trac 31 spline with 4.10 gearset
    Must - Go - Faster !

Welcome!

There are lots of mods available. Don't jump too quick, make a plan and try to stick to it.

I am in the process of completely blowing my plan.
    2003 300A Black MM
    3.73's, 3500 PI, T64e at 9.5 PSI
    Belts are for washing machines.
    Theme song (s) : Back in Black & Thunderstruck!!

Ride it like a Ford.!!

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I'm not a gynecologist....but I'll take a look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by kcronin6666
    I'm a disallusioned former pontiac guy and new to foMoCo, so please bear with me. After owning 7 new TA's and one 04 gto since 1980 and watching gm and pontiac in particular throw away their performance hereitage, I was fed up and walked away. During this period I noticed that the blue oval guys where very active and there is and abundence of performance parts for ford//mercs. As a new Marauder owner, and just coming off a LS1/6sp gto, I was hoping for some suggestions for adding performance to this 300B. The only addition so far is a k&n air filter. The Marauder in 100% stock. I love the vehicle, as a father of 2 girls, 2 and 5, I can now get car seats in the car . Any help with performance ideas will be much appreiciated.

Wow...I went from a Marauder to a Pontiac--the opposite way. I currently run an '05 Bonneville GXP.

You've come to the right place! Welcome! I'd recommend using the search engine to dig up info on power adding and such; as the site's been around since 2002, there's a veritable mountain of information available to you.

Enjoy!
    Traveling the world on PONTIAC power!

Located in Flint, Michigan, Work in Mt.Clemens near detroit at Selfridge Air Force Base. As you see I drive the car mostly on highway and would like to increase the all around performance, 1/4 mile doesn't really do it for me, more like road race performance.
    If it's highway driving, gears may not be the best idea. I'd suggest a Pro-Guard skid plate ~$60 from Dennis Reinhart, stud and girdle kit from Wes at innovative interceptors, another one of our sponsors, control arms, and since you live where you do, a Trilogy supercharger kit and tune from Lideo.

There, I've just spent ~ $7,000 of your hard earned cash, and turned your MM into a super car.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack
    You are wrong sir
    Quote Originally Posted by mpearce
    Just to "stir the pot of confusion" a little more...

I have a 2004 300A...and I "do not" have : A full sized spare, a gas lid release, or an in dash clock.

I do however have traction control.

-Mat
    Humph.....I stand corrected.

KillJoy
    Last edited by KillJoy; 06-21-2006 at 01:06 PM.

I strongly suggest you speak with Lidio at Alternative Auto --- in Mt. Clemens.

Best,
    Rick

2004 Silver Birch w/Light Flint Interior
    10.44 @ 131.66 MPH | 604 RWHP & 562 RWTQ

- Trilogy Supercharger #79 Twinscrew w/ 14PSI, Alternative Auto Forged 5.3 Stroker, Stage III Cams, JLT CAI, 405lph Return Fuel System, XL Heat Exchanger, 4.10's, Built Transmission, SCT 90MM MAF, Custom Tuned by Lidio.

- Kooks Headers. Magnaflow Cats & 18" Mufflers with 2.5" X-Pipe & Tailpipes. Megs' Res-Delete Tips

- Widened 9.5" Rear Rims w/Nitto NT555G2 Front Tires and NT555Rii Drag Radials.
       245/45/ZR18 & 305/45/ZR18. TCE Performance Brakes and SS lines.

- Spoiler, MMX Driveshaft, Metco Loop and Control Arms, ADTR Front and Addco Rear Sway Bars, Art Carr Transmission Pan, Eaton Posi, Stud & Girdle kit, Moser 31 Spline Axles, Marauder Door Sills, SS Inserts, Dynamat, Pioneer AVIC-8201NEX with 6x8" 260w Speakers and 12" 1400w Sub-woofer

Wecome aboard!
    I'd say a tune and sway bars are two of the most inexpensive noticeable improvements you can make but caution....it's addictive.
    ~Jim

2004 Mercury Marauder SB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information