Thread: My MM and this past season...

My MM and this past season...

I’m finally able to start to make some time to post here a little bit more now that my shop has slowed a little here near the end of the season. My MM has been a blast all summer. Both at the drag strip and on local the streets above all… Even a few laps at MIS.

I think since I took my MM to its first race this past early spring in Florida I’ve logged over 125+ qtr mile passes on it with no problems at all with the power train. Its made tons of passes in the 11’s and several in the very low 12’s as well. I’ve driven to Jersey, Indy, Norwalk, and Florida as I mentioned this past spring. Plus countless trips to other local drag strips… To say that its been a blast is a total under statement. This past September and into October it has solidly run several 11.40’s and 11.50’s with the Nitrous flowing and 11.80’s and 90’s with out the NOS and just the 13.8psi of Trilogy boosted blower kit.

I’ve now got some where in the neighborhood of 18,000 miles on it with the Trilogy blower and extensive abuse. I bought the car with 4000 miles on it and the Trilogy and abuse began when it had about 6000 miles on it. As of early October it has about 25K on the odo.

My Marauder has been nothing short of a dream come true Street/Strip car in the truest form. It will cruise easily at over 100mph with tons of pedal left in it and go zero to sixty as fast as some exotics. Mid 11’s in the ¼ mile for this 4400lbs 4-door isn’t bad. I can take friends or family out in the car and because of its stock exhaust, no loose torque converter and a totally quite blower when just at idle or light cruse conditions… Any one who rides with me in this car would never know what its capable of until I begin to really push on the gas pedal.

At this point I have no plans to make any major mods to the car to go any faster in the ¼ mile. Tweaking and maybe better fall air might get me better then my best of ll.47ET. But I have no plans to do any thing extensive as far as parts changing goes.
    The car is still blowing through its entire, completely stock exhaust system and stock trans and torque converter. Although the trans is not shifting into 2nd gear as harsh as I would like @ WOT, so this late fall season its getting a well done 4R70W rebuild.

Any one who has any reservations about supercharging the stock MM engine because of the stock motors internals needs to reconsider and look at how well my own MM and Jerry’s from Trilogy have held up, plus many countless others out there that are part of this forum and many I know that do not participate in this forum. Its hard to say how long a stock MM motor will last with a blower and lots of abuse, but its safe to say at this point “quite a while” with a proper tune and a Trilogy left alone with its supplied 9.5psi of boost. No MM with a blower I’m in contact with or that I’ve tuned has broken a stock piston or had a major engine failure yet!!

For the 2005 season I’m going to continue to campaign and make appearances with the car and hope that the stock long block continues to hold up. Although I have a replacement short block with forged piston and eagle rods in the works if needed.

There is one thing that will keep me from racing and promoting my MM for the 05 season some what. I will still be out with it but wont hit it quite as hard as I did for the ’04 season.

I will explain why in a separate post.

Thanks

I may not be at the top (yet) but definitely on top of things.

Lidio Iacobelli
    Alternativeauto.com

(586)-949-7505

Well if your having no prblems with your car then i should be ok for a while as well .WHEW!! what a good feeling !! Thanks for the info...

Good to hear Lidio.

I'll be out next year for a tweak on mine

How's the Mach 1 coming?
    Silver 2004 Marauder
    Trilogy #48 (SOLD April 2014)

1984 Mustang GT, stock, 60,000 original miles (SOLD August 2013)

2017 Ram Rebel 1500, Silver: 5.7 Hemi, Lots of extras...
    Previous: 2014 Durango R/T

Lidio: Are you coming down to the ATL for the Super Heavyweight Shootout in November?

bigslim Guest
    Lidio, first let me say thank you for the work your shop just did. Second, I know that the Trilogy package is a fine piece of equipment. If all goes well this winter I will be there to see you to have my blower installed. Thank you for the update on your car.

We had alot of fun this year!

I wish I had your loose schedule...not the work part though.

The last race for me this year may be the private Norwalk event Monday. You still gonna try to make it?
    2017 Niro

Cant swing it Monday... Gona save it for the Saterday the 16th at my local track... Ubly.

Although I am shooting for the big car shoot out Nov 6th.

thanks

I may not be at the top (yet) but definitely on top of things.

Lidio Iacobelli
    Alternativeauto.com

(586)-949-7505

Thread Information