Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Clone

Quote Originally Posted by djcoak
    hey I appreciate the input!!!! I am not sure which model I will go with but I am leaning toward the GM only since it is the origin of the marauder
    GM is not the origin of the Marauder.
    The Marauder originated from the CV.

In late 98, Ford was introducing a concept Sport CV as the BlackHawk.
    It had all of the toys the Marauder has today, and had the leather interior as well.
    The name was dropped and the project was moved to Mercury, because FORD wanted to breathe life into the Mercury name with new products.
    The CV line is a very good seller for Ford and they did not want to confuse customers with another version of the CV.
    If you noticed, the back of the Marauder is a CV, not a GM.
    Pete...

2k04 BLACK Mercury Marauder 300A #810 of 3223
    DOB 10/31/2003
    DOP 1/2/2004
    2k19 AGATE FORD Edge ST with Performance Brakes
    DOB 12/11/2018
    DOP 6/19/2019

Water Wetter, K&N AirCharger/Drycharger, SS Inserts,
    SilverStar 9007SU, WeatherTech WeatherFlectors, Steering Wheel Badge,
    AutoMeter Gauges (Oil Press, Voltmeter, and Trans Oil Temp),
    ASC 840 VSS Sunroof, Kenwood KFC-C6879ie x4, COBRA Fender Badges,
    Z&M Rear Control Arms, FORD GT Coil Covers,
    Gorilla Lock Lugs all around, Decklid Designs Trunk Lid Liner,
    SCT Xcalibrator2 (Innovative Interceptors) w/Lidio's (Alternative Automotive) Marauder 3.55 tuning,
    4R75W by Fred Brown's Performance Transmission, tuned to match Lidio's tune,
    DG Motorsports Carbon Fiber Radiator Cover, Zack's Badgeless Grille,
    Accel 140034-8 Coil Packs, Granatelli Motorsports Coil-On-Plug wires
    Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of rice,
    I will fear no turbo for displacement is with me.

djcoak Guest
    Thanx for the support. It probably wouldn't even be a true "clone" since I would probably not put anything on it that said Maurader since it isn't really one.

djcoak Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MENINBLK
    GM is not the origin of the Marauder.
    The Marauder originated from the CV.

In late 98, Ford was introducing a concept Sport CV as the BlackHawk.
    It had all of the toys the Marauder has today, and had the leather interior as well.
    The name was dropped and the project was moved to Mercury, because FORD wanted to breathe life into the Mercury name with new products.
    The CV line is a very good seller for Ford and they did not want to confuse customers with another version of the CV.
    If you noticed, the back of the Marauder is a CV, not a GM.
    Ya know I thought Ford was looking into doing something like that with the CV in the late 90's but I never heard anything else about it. I never knew the Marauder even existed till a few weeks ago. Pretty cool.

Hey I just looked at the photos and you are right the back end of the Marauder and the CV are the same. Pretty cool. I am going to look into the CV as well as I think it might be a tad lighter than the GM
    Last edited by djcoak; 05-06-2004 at 08:04 AM.

Wayne L&M

Yes, Wayne L&M is in Wayne, NJ. Check address/phone number though Fordvehicles.com ansd search through dealers using Wayne, NJ, as the location.

I got a quote of $27,135 on a $35,635 MSRP, but I use the A-Z plan for pricing.

djcoak Guest
    What is A-Z plan?

Lightbulb

Clone it with a used cop car, then drop in an injected 427.
    63 1/2' Merc 406 (434ci) tri-powered "Ratsmoker"

A-D plan

(Actually, Ford paperwork calls it the A-D plan.)

Present Ford employees, retired Ford employees, or families of deceased employees can obtain three PINs per year from Ford which can be given to anyone, not just family members.

With the A-D PIN, you go into the dealer, they verify that your PIN is valid and on record, and you are offered the plan price plus any applicable rebates.

The plan price is provided via Ford paperwork; there's no difference between vendors, assuming identical cars.

Here's examples (taken from Ford paperwork:

2003 new Ford TBird: List: $39,445; invoice $36,586; A-D plan price: $36,359 plus applicable discounts (non available).

2004 Marauder: List: $35,635; A-D plan: $31,635; additional discounts: $4,500; pay $27,135.

2003 CV LX Sport: List: $32,865; A-D plan: $29,187; price with discounts: $26,187.

May 2003 price: Leftover 2002 TBird: List: $39,445; A-D plan: $34,816; price with discounts: $30,816.

My deceased father-in-law was a retired Ford worker; I get the plan price through my mother-in-law. My brother-in-law is also a retired Ford employee. (I worked for Ford back in the 60's, but I left way too soon to even consider retiring from Ford.)

djcoak Guest
    I get the same deal on GM cars but I guess the prices you gave me for the Maurauder you got quoted don't do me a who lots of good

You can get pretty close to "plan prices" just by being a good negotiator. Members here have proven that time and time again. So - no need for a clone when you can have the real thing, eh?
    04 Marauder 300A - Dark Toreador Red - STOCK - 1 of 980
    Build date: 11/17/2003 - Delivered: 03/24/2004
    Heated Seats - CD Changer - Trunk Org. - SS Inserts - JLT CAI - McGard Locks
    Gone but not forgotten...
    03 Marauder 300A - Black

djcoak Guest
    Once again I will say I plan to heavily mod this car and would not do it to a Marauder

A-D plan voucher

While getting an A-D plan PIN for my daughter (she's buying a Volvo S-40), the Ford contact asked my wife if she wanted to take advantage of an additional $1,000 vouchure (my mother-in-law is actually the plan participant), and that an additional $1,000 vouchure would be awarded to my mother-in-law's "account" (for lack of a better word) soon.

In all the years that we've been using the A-D plan, I've never heard of gift vouchers. I'm sure my wife never mentioned what type of Ford vehicle was being purchased, so it can't be specific model related.

Any A-D plan participants out there ever hear of something like this before?

"D" plan is also for dealers that are "Blue Oval Certified". The employees of those dealers get 2 PINs a year. BTW, Jaguar counts too.
    (#6178 in black per FPIC)
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Alex "Marauderboi" Vachon 3/2/92-8/13/10
    Paula Babineau 1/9/67-8/2/11
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

See my garage file for part numbers and whatnot.

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrym3
    While getting an A-D plan PIN for my daughter (she's buying a Volvo S-40), the Ford contact asked my wife if she wanted to take advantage of an additional $1,000 vouchure (my mother-in-law is actually the plan participant), and that an additional $1,000 vouchure would be awarded to my mother-in-law's "account" (for lack of a better word) soon.

In all the years that we've been using the A-D plan, I've never heard of gift vouchers. I'm sure my wife never mentioned what type of Ford vehicle was being purchased, so it can't be specific model related.

Any A-D plan participants out there ever hear of something like this before?
    I don't know if this is the same thing...

The LM Manager at my dealership offered this $1,000 voucher to us because my wife works in a doctor's office.
    He said it was good for civil service and healthcare workers.
    All she needed to produce to get it was a business card and a pay stub.
    The $1,000 was applied directly to the balance of our 0% loan.
    Pete...

2k04 BLACK Mercury Marauder 300A #810 of 3223
    DOB 10/31/2003
    DOP 1/2/2004
    2k19 AGATE FORD Edge ST with Performance Brakes
    DOB 12/11/2018
    DOP 6/19/2019

Water Wetter, K&N AirCharger/Drycharger, SS Inserts,
    SilverStar 9007SU, WeatherTech WeatherFlectors, Steering Wheel Badge,
    AutoMeter Gauges (Oil Press, Voltmeter, and Trans Oil Temp),
    ASC 840 VSS Sunroof, Kenwood KFC-C6879ie x4, COBRA Fender Badges,
    Z&M Rear Control Arms, FORD GT Coil Covers,
    Gorilla Lock Lugs all around, Decklid Designs Trunk Lid Liner,
    SCT Xcalibrator2 (Innovative Interceptors) w/Lidio's (Alternative Automotive) Marauder 3.55 tuning,
    4R75W by Fred Brown's Performance Transmission, tuned to match Lidio's tune,
    DG Motorsports Carbon Fiber Radiator Cover, Zack's Badgeless Grille,
    Accel 140034-8 Coil Packs, Granatelli Motorsports Coil-On-Plug wires
    Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of rice,
    I will fear no turbo for displacement is with me.

Ford plans

I always thought it was the A-Z plan, but on the Ford paperwork on my 03 TBird, it lists an "A-D" price and an "X" price, which is higher than the A-D.

My wife's or my daughter's employment was never an issue when they applied for the PIN.

I don't have any idea as to why they applied a $1,000 voucher, but the PIN we received was comprised of more digits than we've ever seen before. According to the Ford contact, that was due to the voucher being "attached" to that PIN.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information