Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alignment Flags

we will see
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    I daily drive mine because I love driving it. I'm not going to spend most of my time behind the wheel in some piece of crap when I could be enjoying every minute of it. If somebody runs into me, so be it. I'll get something else and move on.
    I think cars should be driven, not kept in garages their whole life. If you want to collect something, collect stamps.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac-MerC View Post
    we will see
    You must have positive thoughts my young Padawan.

Are these specs good for my 04 CV Sport also? Just got this car last month and I see the rear tires have the inside edges worn off which means they were rotated to the back. These tires are about 1/2 worn but the inside edges are not too far from cord showing. Will be upgrading the tires to something better than these Generals but want to get the front end tighter and properly aligned first.
    I like Big Fast Cars !

15 Avalon XLE Touring SE
    3.5 DOHC 268HP
    One of 2500

So...... the bolt does not actually go through the flag?....
    it reads like your saying they are 1 piece... if they are 1 piece if im beating the **** outta it trying to break the flag off what happens if break the head of the bolt off?
    The flags are pressed on to the bolt head. If you break the head off the bolt your BFH is too BIG!!!!
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    If you break the head off the bolt your BFH is too BIG!!!!
    Thats what she said..........

Got the flags removed today... Local Ford stealership did it, also did an alignment. Of course they would not do car fixers spec's

and a picture of my new tires... i love them
    I daily drive mine because I love driving it. I'm not going to spend most of my time behind the wheel in some piece of crap when I could be enjoying every minute of it. If somebody runs into me, so be it. I'll get something else and move on.
    I think cars should be driven, not kept in garages their whole life. If you want to collect something, collect stamps.

Got the flags removed today... Local Ford stealership did it, also did an alignment. Of course they would not do car fixers spec's

and a picture of my new tires... i love them
    Hopefully you got a print out and the adjustment specs the stealership made is close to Carfixer's!

What brand tires? Look kinda close to the Nitto 420 tread pattern....

this is the print out they gave me... its probably no where near close to carfixers specs but it looks better than the initial print out they took when they first started. all except 2 were red.. so i would rather see this green anyday

and the tires im running are Continental Extreme Contact DWS
    255/45 fronts and 255/55 rears. They do resemble the 420's thats why i like them. on most tire sites there get the highest ratings for high performance all season tires

when i clean the car I'll take some good pictures just like everyone else does

Sad how these lil things cause so many problems

this is the print out they gave me... its probably no where near close to carfixers specs but it looks better than the initial print out they took when they first started. all except 2 were red.. so i would rather see this green anyday

and the tires im running are Continental Extreme Contact DWS
    255/45 fronts and 255/55 rears. They do resemble the 420's thats why i like them. on most tire sites there get the highest ratings for high performance all season tires

when i clean the car I'll take some good pictures just like everyone else does
    IIRC a little bit on the costly side for my budget as I was interested in those too but Nittos prevailed.
    Last edited by screamn; 05-09-2012 at 04:31 PM.

what tires for our car aren't costly?...... in all i paid about 1k cuz i had to have the rears shipped from Miami. cant put a price on your safety

does your car drift right? it should by those specs
    Canadian Marauder
    black 300a
    JLT intake
    SCT Tuned by Lidio
    Blacked out Tail lights
    FRPP shorties - Mac Prochamber x-pipe - Dynomax Super Turbo's and delete tips
    Addco front and rear sway bars
    lowered with 1 coil cut
    cooling mod
    Ford Racing 4.10's
    Vortech S-trim collecting dust in the closet

what tires for our car aren't costly?...... in all i paid about 1k cuz i had to have the rears shipped from Miami. cant put a price on your safety
    I hear you!!!!

BTW....I ordered from Discount Tire and the shipping to Hawaii just killed me. It was about $40 a tire.

Quote Originally Posted by Got_1 View Post
    does your car drift right? it should by those specs
    i did 85 on interstate 85 rolling straight no hands..... sooooooo no
    every car is different

I just put those Conti's on my '91 Mustang three weeks ago. Thery're a nice tire. Super quiet. Responsive. I find a "softer than I'd like" sidewall; but not a complaint otherwise.
    "Barry's" the name;
    Drums and Cars are my game

"I smash the pedal; air and fuel go in; witchcraft happens; I go fast!"

"No question is stupid, if you don't know the answer!"

2004 / Black / 1981 of 3214.
    #184 of 509 in black out of 1214 total in all three colors with the moonroof option.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information