Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: i want to be in the low 13s

Quote Originally Posted by na svt View Post
    It's a 4 hour job and I've done many. Drive it here and I'll do it for free.

That's a very generous offer!

Quote Originally Posted by jstevens View Post
    one word, nitrous.

See post 3

Quote Originally Posted by LANDY View Post
    Best answer yet!
    See quote 2
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Lets have a cam install get-together; food, beer, and car work.

There are rare occasions I regret living in Virginia. This would be one of those times.

~But, it makes it a lot easier when he is manscaped.~ Haggis
    ~Cool, I can have one of those strangulation orgasms without the strangle.
    WIN WIN!~ Zack
    ~Who needs to stop? I just wanna gooooooooooo ~ -Matt-

Look forward to it! Thanks for your help on cam choices Todd, however I did not know uncle sam was gonna hold my sack of two in his hands so tight this year... $7,400 to be precise... Now I have most of what I need to do my swap minus hardware, gaskets, posi port, and cams. Since this is just a toy, I guess I will leave her be for a little while longer as she is more than a blast to drive and in perfect shape anywho. More power, later date.

I'll probably be bothering you more in the months to come Bud.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Can you put together a how to video so we can see step by step of the install and degreeing of cams for our motors.

Todd next time you fly out to Cali I have some projects in the Marauder Portfolio you can help tackle. Costco is very close to my house
    2003 Mercury Marauder 300A
    FRPP BOSS50 Block w/MMR 900S Stroker 5.3L DOHC 324ci 10:1cr - (321rwhp/360.5rwtq) - Tuned by AED

2006 Ford Mustang GT
    FRPP FR3 Handling Pack|FRPP X Pipe w/GTA Exhaust|Steeda CAI|Hurst Shifter
    (289rwhp/307rwtq)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 LQ4 6.0L LT 4WD
    Cognito leveling Kit, Fox 2.0, BFG KOA2 Radial All Terrains, Magnaflow, K&N and 4.10 gears

Quote Originally Posted by dohc324ci View Post
    Todd next time you fly out to Cali I have some projects in the Marauder Portfolio you can help tackle. Costco is very close to my house
    Good ole Costco, I spent a lotta money there when I lived out there.

Damn, I missed this... I'm gonna make you eat those words, I have 2 cars... (heck, I just wanna learn how to do it on the first one and then I'll handle the second)
    3 mod motor vehicles
    2 32v
    1 marauder.

Anyone know the best place to get these? Adding them to my list.......

I'll tell you after I buy a set or two...

j/k, SVTperformance is usually the place to buy anything cobra/4v.
    3 mod motor vehicles
    2 32v
    1 marauder.

That offer open to anyone? May put cams down for a fathers day present. Dayton can't be that far from Chicago.

2003 Mercury Marauder w/ 43000 miles
    4.10 gears, JLT CAI, excal2 from DR, PHP intake spacer, Steeda UD pulleys, EMP water pump, Valve body kit from Darrin, P&P plenum, 180 degree tstat.
    Best 1/4 mile - 14.468 @ 95.82mph.

so what do the pulleys actually do im intrested! I have an SCT Tuner with an K&N CAI and some Ford 3.73 Gears and I like the difference with the performance but i know there are plenty of more things i can change to get some more out of my car.

What do the pulleys actually do? i have an sct tuner k&n cai and ford 3.73 gears but i kno there are plenty more things to do to our MM to get more out of it

Quote Originally Posted by MMG1989 View Post
    so what do the pulleys actually do im intrested! I have an SCT Tuner with an K&N CAI and some Ford 3.73 Gears and I like the difference with the performance but i know there are plenty of more things i can change to get some more out of my car.

Pulleys free up to 10hp, the CAI helps, the 3.73's are a waste of money. Stock ratio is 3.55, the slight bump to 3.73 did nothing but drain your wallet of install costs and parts. 4.10's are the way to go and if you have some cash laying around, a 3K or 3500 stall convertor will really make a big difference.

MERCURY MARAUDER 300A

Build Date
    5/31/02
    Sequence#
    #363 of 7839 Black Marauders
    Dyno tested power
    450 RWHP & 405 RWTQ on 93 octane
    Best 1/4 mile time to date
    12.456@109mph
    Visit my Garage
    Blackened300a's Garage

A small diameter damper slows the RPM at which all the accessories turn which takes less hp. Larger diameter pulleys on the accessories (water pump, alternator) reduce the RPM at which they rotate even further.

4.10s aren't nearly enough gear for a heavy car with tall tires like a marauder. 4.30s are the absolute minimum if you want your car to be respectable. As for the converter, a 3200-3600 is optimum.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information