Thread: Another LCM thread (just take a look at least)

Another LCM thread (just take a look at least)

Ok guys, I've searched the forum and i think my situation is a little bit unique. Let me start by saying that I have never had ANY previous problems with my lights and I have HIDs all around.

I turn on my lights in the morning and everythings fine. All four fire right up. I changed my oil in the afternoon. That evening I attempted to take a drive and before pulling out of the driveway notice that my headlights seem awfully dim. I take a look and to my surprise...they're off . Fogs are on and parklamps are on . This is where it gets weird. After turning the car off i was able to actually hear the HIDs engaging from under the hood which is normal...but no light, high or low beam. I was also able to hear the ticking sound from the LCM under the column. Also, unlike other testimonials, my high beam flasher was ALSO disabled. Does this sound like an LCM problem? Would i still get the operational engaging sound from the ballasts if the LCM was bad? Also, i need to know where the LCM is, what it looks like, etc.

Additional information:
    I have checked every fuse having ANYTHING to do with ANY light on the car to include the fuse on the HID harness. I have also tapped on the HID relay while the lights were turned on. I have also BANGED on the panel under the column to engage the LCM.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanx guys...and gals.
    May I have your attn. please...... EATON!...... That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Marauder Rick View Post
    i need to know where the LCM is, what it looks like, etc.
    It's under the dash, where your right knee would go if you hit a brick wall. It's right above the OBD-II connector...black, about the size and shape of a brick...three connectors facing the firewall...

From your description, sounds to me more like a problem with the HID ballasts or wiring ...
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Standing by waiting, just got mine back from the dealership today, they couldn't find the same problem, except I don't have HID's.
    "A street walking cheetah, with a heart full of napalm."

"If You can keep Your Head About You, While Others are Losing Theirs and Blaming It on You..."

"Sometimes it is wiser to remain silent, and seem a fool, than to speak, and remove all doubt."

"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things."[5]

Thread Information