Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Local Forum Name Change?

Local Forum Name Change?

I've been thinking about the name of this forum (North East) for a while and I don't particularly care for it. When it is abbreviated as NE one has to determine if the poster is talking about North East or New England. I thought a name change might help fix that and help to garner some more interest in getting some local meets going throughout the year. In the past we have had members show up from NJ, NY, PA and DE, so I was thinking perhaps the Jersey Area Marauders or JAM. Essentially with NJ being in the center we typically draw from the satellite states of PA, NY and occasionally DE.

I talked to Blackened300a a while back as he is the moderator of the North East forum and he had to think about that for a second. He indicated that he didn't pay to much attention to the forum so I'd be surprised if he cared what it was called or if someone else wanted to moderate it, if it is even necessary to have a moderator.

I'm not sure what is involved in a name change, but I'm sure one of our illustrious owners could do it if there aren't any objections.

Might also be a good idea to start up a LI forum as there are quite a few members out on the Island and the reality is with NYC in the way it's a PITA to get to Jersey as well as costly. Not to many members want to spend 30 bucks in tolls just to grab a burger and who could blame them, but they are always welcome.

Open to other names other than Jersey Area Marauders (JAM), not trying to steal identity from CAM but if it works.....

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
    Open to other names other than Jersey Area Marauders (JAM), not trying to steal identity from CAM but if it works.....

Thoughts?
    Jersey Area Marauders (JAM). Ha, Ha !!! More appropriately the New York Area Marauders (NYAM). Jersey is a suburb of NYC in the North and Philadelphia in the South. They don't even have a TV station of their own.

Ain't nothing wrong with NorthEast Marauders (NEM) since you've only had about 3 events in the past 10 years. No one confuses it with New England Marauders 'cause they have never had a meet outside of the New Hampshire Regional meet that you guys coordinated and now that one is dead too !!

The Capital Area Marauders (CAM) is almost defunct now. Couldn't even draw enough people to do Bert's 50s Diner, Dan's Crabhouse, or Red Brick this year. Not sure where everyone went; but CAM is on life support. It is suffering from new blood owners who can't commit to attending a meet.
    Last edited by Bluerauder; 09-14-2016 at 07:43 AM.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Your off your meds Charlie. What does having a TV station(is WWOR off air?) have to do with anything? It's not like we advertise on TV for our meets. We have had quite a few local meets in the past at Fuddruckers which was in NJ. We would still be having them there if they didn't go out of business. NYC and Philly have nothing to do with the name and North East to me includes New England. Think about when weather bunny Jill Brown used to talk about the big storm that was going to dump a crap load of snow on the North East, she was including New England. NYAM is to vague. Are you suggesting folks from Buffalo come on down for a burger? (they have in fact done that) NY is to big a state to encompass into one forum. I don't feel the folks up in the Plattsburg area are looking to closely at what we do down in NJ for a Saturday lunch meet, though they would be welcomed. The idea of the name change is to try and encourage members from in and around NJ to participate. CAM includes all of Pennsylvania and all of Virginia. Can't recall to many members from Pittsburgh or Blacksburg making the trip to a CAMland meet. I'm proposing a forum that concentrates the NJ metro area. 20-30 miles into the surrounding states as the core audience but anyone would be welcome from wherever they hail, even crotchety old Virginians

Local Forum Name Change?

Yeah, I was just busting your chops. Should have used some winky emojis

Last edited by Bluerauder; 09-14-2016 at 07:44 AM.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

I like JAM. But that means actually having to put some meets together which is a good thing as long as someone's willing to. I agree that "Jersey Area" is more descriptive of lots of folks that do come out when we have a meet in the Garden State vs "North East". It encompasses NYC/Queens/Brooklyn and also Eastern PA/ Bethlehem/ Allentown. Why not ask Mary if there can be a JAM forum added. Don't need to change the current forum for North East. It would be in addition. The more the merrier?
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

Castine, Maine & Brooklyn, NY & Walton, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Denmark View Post
    I like JAM. But that means actually having to put some meets together which is a good thing as long as someone's willing to. I agree that "Jersey Area" is more descriptive of lots of folks that do come out when we have a meet in the Garden State vs "North East". It encompasses NYC/Queens/Brooklyn and also Eastern PA/ Bethlehem/ Allentown. Why not ask Mary if there can be a JAM forum added. Don't need to change the current forum for North East. It would be in addition. The more the merrier?
    I second the motion!

I like JAM.

JAM has my vote.

I have an idea for a lunch meet in the Easton area for 1st Sunday in Oct(2). I'll leave this thread till this weekend and if there are no objections I'll see if Mary will change the forum name. I figure if we can get something going every 5-6 weeks, or more if we want, interspersed with Carlisle and the like we should be good to go.

Not a fan of the "Jersey area Marauders". I don't wanna be associated with that state.
    Northeast also covers PA and the westside of PA and the tip of Long Island is not anywhere near Jersey to have the group roped into a single state surrounding area.
    Northeast Marauders is fine.

MERCURY MARAUDER 300A

Build Date
    5/31/02
    Sequence#
    #363 of 7839 Black Marauders
    Dyno tested power
    450 RWHP & 405 RWTQ on 93 octane
    Best 1/4 mile time to date
    12.456@109mph
    Visit my Garage
    Blackened300a's Garage

Too bad you guys aren't the 'Yankee Area Marauders'...
    '03 Marauder | '91 Country Squire | '18 Flex Ecoboost | '92 Shadow VT1100
    former Panthers: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '04 CVLX, '03 SAP P71, '10 P7B
    CLICK HERE and have your Marauder's COA info added to the database!!! | 2003 list ||| 2004 list
    Quote Originally Posted by offroadkarter View Post
    Reinhart's tuning skills were comparable to an ape slapping the keyboard in microsoft excel.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackened300a View Post
    Not a fan of the "Jersey area Marauders". I don't wanna be associated with that state.
    Northeast also covers PA and the westside of PA and the tip of Long Island is not anywhere near Jersey to have the group roped into a single state surrounding area.
    Northeast Marauders is fine.
    I was thinking you Boroughs/LI guys might want your own forum. I know there are quite a few of you on the other side of Manhattan. Might encourage you guys to meet more often out there. Post up local car shows, cruise nights and such out in your neck of the woods that most likely won't interest West of NYC and vise-versa.
    West side of Pa might have a forum of it's own as well if there are enough members to support it. I know there are a couple of MM's in and around Pittsburgh.

Lunch Meet

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
    I have an idea for a lunch meet in the Easton area for 1st Sunday in Oct(2). I'll leave this thread till this weekend and if there are no objections I'll see if Mary will change the forum name. I figure if we can get something going every 5-6 weeks, or more if we want, interspersed with Carlisle and the like we should be good to go.
    I have an idea for a lunch meet in the Easton area for 1st Sunday in Oct(2).
    I am in where ya thinking ? Be good to hang out, keep me posted on details Erick.

N...North
    E...East
    M...Marauder
    O...Owners

NEMO....
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

We need a NorCal Marauders local too. Had 8 Marauders to Benecia 4th Parade. Woulda had 10 or more but for some bad luck.

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

"You'se Guys Fuhgeddaboutit Marauder Owners"

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    2003 Trilogy Supercharged Marauder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information