Page 1 of 17 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: ProCharger Blower coming for MM

ProCharger Blower coming for MM

Great News!

Dennis Reinhart along with myself and Pro Charger will be teaming up to build this new Blower for the MM. It will be appliacation specific.

The following are a few deatils:

1.The blower will be self contained (no tapping your oil pan)

2.We will use a 3 core air to air intercooler (much eiser to install)

3.It will not be a blow thru design as first thought(Dennis suggested using a draw thru desing because of tunning issues)

What your going to find on this blower compared to the Vortech is that if they both run say 9PSI because of the design of the impeller of the Pro Charger Blower you are going to see much higher torque numbers and about 6/10ths shredded off in the quarter mile. I know this will have to be proved to you guys.

Dennis and myself will be posting photos as we get this going.

Dennis will sell these as long as he is satisfied with the outcome of the blower for the MM.

There is nothing wrong with a Vortech Blower.

This is just another choice and will be less money and easier to install.

I just want you guys to know that the blower will be built for every Day street use.

Most companies would not build a specific blower for the MM because there are only 10K of them out there. This is my best friend that owns Pro Charger and he did not want me to put a vortech on and drive over to his house.That's why this blower is going to be produced.

With Dennis helping out on this, I think we will all be happy with the end results.

Thanks, Greg
    Last edited by maraudernkc; 10-16-2004 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Change

Quote Originally Posted by maraudernkc
    I just had a meeting with my friend that owns ProCharger here in Kansas City and he gave the ok to start production on a blower kit for the MM. He promises that this kit will out produce any other blower on the market. Thanks, Greg
    And this is going to run at the 6 PSI of boost like you've mentioned in that other thread? I've never heard of a 4.6L engine getting as much power out of merely 6 PSI of boost as you've claimed in that other thread.
    Last edited by BillyGman; 10-14-2004 at 11:33 PM.

If you try to outproduce anything on the market you're going to push the limits of the stock internals.....

The stock internals can handle 500+...but not for long.

Good luck.
    Silver 2004 Marauder
    Trilogy #48 (SOLD April 2014)

1984 Mustang GT, stock, 60,000 original miles (SOLD August 2013)

2017 Ram Rebel 1500, Silver: 5.7 Hemi, Lots of extras...
    Previous: 2014 Durango R/T

Quote Originally Posted by FiveO
    If you try to outproduce anything on the market you're going to push the limits of the stock internals.....

The stock internals can handle 500+...but not for long.

Good luck.
    It would be interesting to see how long the stock engine could handle 500 rwhp. Since full power is only occasionally utilized on a mostly street car it would seem to me that the lifetime would depend very highly on the user.
    Thanks to Darrin @ BC Automotive:
    $1800 and it was worse than when he started!

Brian (FordNut) FPG # 1458 of 7838
    03 MM 300A (Lotsa mods, 130k mi) was 303rwhp/318rwtq N/A
    then 476/410 D1SC ProCharged on stock block
    then 660/555 D1SC PC on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    then 365/369 N/A on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    Now 751/617 3.4L Whipple on 5.3 Boss5.0 iron big bore stroker

03 MM 300B Silver (Mostly stock, originally wife's car, 370k mi) FPG # 7053 of 7838 or 49 of 417 SB
    03 MM 300B Silver, Stock, wife's next one, 136k mi FPG # 7134 of 7838 or 89 of 417 SB
    04 MM Silver, Stock, on standby 85k mi, FPG # 1212 of 3214 or 432 of 997 SB
    01 F150 longbed
    01 F150 shortbed
    00 F150 4x4 stepside
    01 F150 4x4 7700
    68 Stang FB (70 351C 4V, 4 wheel discs, project car)

Mods listed here (some items not current): FordNut's Mods

IT WILL RUN 9PSI BUT WILL HAVE A HUGE INTERCOOLER AT LEAST A 3 CORE.

I WILL RUN MY CAR AT 6PSI BECAUSE I DIVE IT EVERY DAY. i AM JUST THAT WAY I WILL RUN LES BOOST AND RUN A LITTLE ON THE RICH SIDE.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGman
    And this is going to run at the 6 PSI of boost like you've mentioned in that other thread? I've never heard of a 4.6L engine getting as much power out of merely 6 PSI of boost as you've claimed in that other thread.

I AGREE 500HP IS PUSHING ON HOW LONG IT WOULD LAST. THE KEY HERE IS TO BUMP UP THGE BOOST AND TO LOWER THE TEMP. OF THE INCOMMING AIR. THAT'S WHAT PROCHARGER IS GOOD AT.

Quote Originally Posted by FordNut
    It would be interesting to see how long the stock engine could handle 500 rwhp. Since full power is only occasionally utilized on a mostly street car it would seem to me that the lifetime would depend very highly on the user.

I'm considering a supercharger set up right after christmas. I'll be interested to see another kit hit the market.
    05 - SRT-10 Truck, Viper V10, 6-Speed, 92 of 200 in white.
    06 - Mercedes R350
    65 - Mustang Convertible

03 MM:
    Black, Cd Changer. Sold

Current Mods: Vortech air to air supercharger #1, SCT B2400 MAF, 42 lbs. Injectors, K&N, Custom Air box, Twin Cobra Fuel pumps, Stage II trans, PI 3000 Stall Converter, MM drive shaft, DR cooling mod, FRPP 4.10’s, FRPP girdle cover/stud kit, Motorcraft Plugs, 180 Stat., 9100 SCT, Mac n' Zack Rear Control Arms, Full Kook's exhaust..

Well, this looks very interesting. While I am staying NA, at least for the foreseeable future, I still enjoy seeing the new developments for our MM's. We know of two good, dependable SC's from two reputable shops, but that doesn't mean that there isn't room for more. I will be watching closely to see how this project develops. Good luck, and I hope you give us another good option for those who want to go SC. If someone is willing to take the risk of developing a new product for a limited, competitive market, that's good old capitalism at work! More good choices is always a good thing.
    2003 MM 300A
    Born June 18, 2002
    Adopted Christmas Eve, 2002
    First Factory Rebuilt Ford P.O.S. Engine at 81,000 miles
    Second Factory Rebuilt Ford P.O.S. Engine at 101,000 miles
    Ford Racing 4.10's
    Reinhart/XCal2 Custom Tune
    Reinhart Underdrive Pulleys
    K&N Conical Air Filter
    Reinhart Exhaust with 18" Magnaflows
    Silencer Removed
    Bosch Micro Edge Excel Wiper Blades
    Bob White Red Bumper Inserts
    Lone Star Beer in cup holder
    Fellowship of Christian Cowboys
    license plate bracket

God and the soldier we adore, In times of danger, not before.
    The danger gone, the trouble righted, God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Cynicism is the smoke rising from the ashes of burned out dreams.

My comment didn't mean that I'm not happy that another s/c may hit the market.

Thats wonderful! I would just hate to see a s/c hit the market that makes the car run on the ragged edge of failure by pushing the stock internals too far.

Best of luck....good to see innovation!
    Silver 2004 Marauder
    Trilogy #48 (SOLD April 2014)

1984 Mustang GT, stock, 60,000 original miles (SOLD August 2013)

2017 Ram Rebel 1500, Silver: 5.7 Hemi, Lots of extras...
    Previous: 2014 Durango R/T

The currently available supercharger setups for the Marauder seem to be all one would need to get the most out of the stock internals. Even if someone could do slightly better, I still would be reluctant to try anything other than the current proven options.

Competition is always good, but the only opportunity I see for an additional source is if it were a more affordable alternative.
    2012 Mustang GT500
    2001 Corvette Z06
    1992 Cadillac Brougham d'Elegance 5.7L

Previous MMs:
    2003 Dark Blue Pearl/Charcoal
    2003 Black/Charcoal 300A

Quote Originally Posted by ADE 1000
    The currently available supercharger setups for the Marauder seem to be all one would need to get the most out of the stock internals. Even if someone could do slightly better, I still would be reluctant to try anything other than the current proven options.

Competition is always good, but the only opportunity I see for an additional source is if it were a more affordable alternative.
    I agree. That's pretty much the way that I see it too, but I guess if other people want to experiment w/their own cars that's their choice.

Let me be the first to say thanks to maraudernkc and good luck to pro charger. maraudernkc has gone out of his way to give us another option, lets be appreciative. I understand being realistic, unfortunately for Jerry, Dennis and now Procharger there is a limited number of opportunities to S/C an MM. And each new type will dilute the market. But heck, obviously Procharger feels there is an opportunity which is worth their investment. Heck if it tweaks out a little more hp fat 10psi then heck that's great.
    Steven

2004 Marauder Black, loaded
    Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    KVR's, QA1's, M&Z control arms, rear sway bar
    Lidio tune
    2004 Suburban Dark Charcoal
    1970 W-30 442 convertible twilight Blue

Supercharger Joy Joy

I am very close to ordering a Trilogy Supercharger...should I wait to see how this ProCharger works out as far as price/performance goes???
    I was going to order the trilogy before the end of this year.

PROCHARGER SUPERCHARGER FROM F.I.T. # 007
    18psi pulley
    MMR built Stroker 5.0+.020 overbore
    Forged Crank/Manley Rods/Manley Pistons
    Billet Oil Pump
    ARP Bolts and head studs
    Snow Methanol Injection
    3500 Stall Converter (PI)
    Stryker 340 Fuel Pump
    45 lbs Injectors
    4:10 gears
    K&N Air Filter
    Factory Spoiler
    Widened Wheels
    Nittos
    170 deg thermostat
    SS Inserts
    Daniel's Colex Billet Supercharged Emblems front and rear
    Trunk organizer

lots of people dearly love the pro chargers...willie
    ---------------------------------------
    2003 Marauder BLACK
    SS inserts
    Addco sway bars
    JLT CAI
    4.10's
    MO's custom tune
    275 rwhp/303 lbs. torque

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mielnicki
    I am very close to ordering a Trilogy Supercharger...should I wait to see how this ProCharger works out as far as price/performance goes???
    I was going to order the trilogy before the end of this year.
    Just want to add some thoughts so we don't get confused. Not looking to start any flame war. Each style of supercharger has it's good points and it's distractions. Let's keep an open mind.

The ProCharger is very similar to the Vortech, it's centrifugal style, not roots style like an Eaton. Centrifugal chargers are added to the outside of the engine, and bolted in place. Trilogy uses an Eaton based roots, or "positive displacement" supercharger which requires replacement of the upper and lower intake manifolds. Let's not split hairs on this, the Trilogy is also a bolt on mod, because it can be removed and the engine restored to N/A. But, it's also internal to the engine. There is a third style, a "twin screw" ala Kenne Bell, but I'm not going to get into that right now. The chief difference between Vortech and ProCharges, is it's source for lubrication, however, both are remarkably similar in design, operation and appearance.

Both roots and centrifugal supercharger kits for our MM produce basically the same end result, adding about 150 RWHP to the stock engine, with safe tuning. Both can easily deliver more, it's simply a matter of changing some other parts like pulleys, MAFs, and retuning.

Most experts would agree that the "safety zone" for our engines is around this 150 RWHP, around 8-10 PSI of boost, on stock internals. And, like it's been pointed out, engine longevity is more in the hands of the tuner, and the foot of the owner, than it is on supercharger style or manfacturer.

What I've come to appreciate about my centrifugal style, is that it's not full time. When I'm crusing, city or highway, it's relatively passive and I'm driving on motor alone. My MPG average is relatively steady at 19-20 MPG city, and 22-23 highway In WOT, it provides about 9.5 PSI of boost, still a relatively safe zone to be in on a stock bottom end, with a good tune. If I want more power, I should start with rebuilding the bottom end before taking advantage of the power on hand.

The roots style is full time, always on, which is good for throttle response and serious power in the lower RPMs, but it's still full time on, even when crusing. I have no MPG data to refer to, but I understand it's a bit less. So, like many other things MM related, there are trade-offs to consider in the style you select, but they are all good.

Pande's got off to a poor start with the ProCharger and they lunched a few engines, but this was early in the MM game too, before some limitations of the bone stock MM/Mach 1 engine were fully explored. Moreover, the owner who commissioned the build wanted more, and the customer is always right, eh? Nonetheless, the ProCharger is an excellent product, and highly respected in the race community. For Maraudernkc to acknowledge that he wants to stay in the lower end of the safety zone, is a good decision and I admire that. His MM will still provide many hours of very scary entertainment.

Good luck on the project, keep us posted?

Page 1 of 17 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread Information