Thread: Help - Information Needed Re 2003 Marauder Purchasing/Ordering Questions

Zane Guest

Help - Information Needed Re 2003 Marauder Purchasing/Ordering Questions

Hello,

I am looking to purchase a new car and one of the vehicles I am seriously considering is the 2003 Mercury Marauders and have the following questions.

1. Is buying/ordering a 2003 Mercury Marauder at invoice - e.g., BEFORE any applicable public rebates for which I might qualify are subtracted - a good deal? I am not a Ford employee, vendor, retiree, etc. and so the "A", "D" plans, etc. would not apply to me.

2. For how long can one order a 2003 Mercury Marauder - e.g., when would they stop building them in order to start producing the 2004 models?

3. If one orders such a car, approximately how long would it take until delivery?

4. Are silver and blue still available for order or is the color option now back to only black?

5. On cars with the light flint seats, it looks to me that the rest of the interior trim, e.g., door panels, dash, etc., is finished in the dark charcoal. As such, such cars don't have the "unified" look as the ones with the dark charcoal seats. In other words, is the light flint interior available with light flint door panels, dash, etc.?

6. Are the cars currently being built being produced with the "Godshead" front and rear badges or, do I have it the other way around, and the ones currently being produced have the old "Bend in the road" Mercury insignia badges?

7. What are the current public rebates and/or low interest plans that are currently applicable to the 2003 Mercury Marauder? (For some reason my computer won't access into the Mercury corporate site to acquire this information.)

The reason I am considering ordering vs. purchasing is if a situation arises where the dealers in my area don't have whatever color I decide upon and can't locate one for trade within a reasonable distace.

Thank you!

Vince Gortner Guest
    Welcome aboard Zane.

There is definitely tons of information available on pricing & purchasing on this forum, but you may have to dig into the past just a bit. I know there were some discussions on this just in the last few months.

Where are you located? Seems like people in different parts of the country have had different experiences. In the Chicago area the dealers seem to have a lot in stock and are very willing to move. I personally paid $750 under invoice and got $3500 in rebates & dealer incentives too.

Tell us where you are and we can probably give you more details.

Zane

I can't help you on all your questions, but here is my opinion on some of them.

Silver Birch and blue are still available. I have a silver one on order. They won't begin making silver until the first of April.

Here is the Edmunds link regarding rebates and APR incentives:

http://apps.edmunds.com/new/2003/mer...s.3.5.Mercury*
    DOK

2011 Jaguar XJL

2000 Mustang Convertible
    Performance Red
    Roush Package

Zane - Welcome. For rebates in your area check the FMC web site. It appears that there are different rebates for different areas. All MM's have the water fall emblem( curve in road) at this time. John
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17