Thread: Super Southern Heavy Shootout II

SSteroid SStela Guest

Thumbs up Super Southern Heavy Shootout II

Okay all you new heavy metal owners, listen up:

SSHS2 at Atlanta Dragway in Commerce Georgia is ON November 9th!!!

This competition between examples of the latest and finest American Heavy Metal, V-8, Rear Wheel Drive Muscle will pit the best of the Bowties and Blue Oval/Wingfoot crowds head to head for some all-day, good ol' fashion, down and dirty "eat my dust" racing.

In order to live up to the event name, WE NEED YOU to attend! And the more of you the better. It will be just as the name implies - Super Heavy Shootout - read: no front wheel drive pos's or rice-burners. It's our track, all day. A classic slugfest of mine's 'bigger and better' than yours.

I could sit here and throw insults, flames, and the like, but it's not my style. I think it is pretty much accepted by all that the new vehicle your driving just don't have the stones out of the factory to keep up, especially with regards to low-end grunt. I doubt seriously that will last for long once y'all get clicked-on to the aftermaket community (and recover from those new car payments - nyuk, nyuk, nyuk,nyuk).

However, based on a post I just read, you think you might be able to edge out an SS at the end of the quartermile. COME PROVE IT! Talk is cheap and win lights/time slips get the free beer.

You can have it two ways: heads-up, or beat/break the clock. I can promise you there will be plenty of BONE STOCK Impala SS's there for you to pick on; low AND high mileage types to choose from.

But don't verbally beat what you have to death - come to the track and show us whachagot

Seriously - we would love to have you join us. Your Marauder is one very fine looking automobile. We need you at the track to show this country that there is still a market for "American Made, V-8, Rear Wheel Drive, Heavy Metal". So come make a visual statement at the very least and give it your best shot 'legally' down the quartermile. Be the first to blow away a law enforcement type in his Clown Vic without getting spread-eagled, handcuffed and hauled away with points against your drivers license.

Fish or cut bait boys and girls. Either way, you'll blend quite nicely and your participation will be greatly appreciated and noticed by all.

BTW - if running down the dragstrip is not your cup o' tea, can you spell M-O-T-E-L P-A-R-K-I-N-G-L-O-T B-U-R-N-O-U-T C-O-M-P-E-T-I-T-I-O-N??? I'm sure a Marauder can at least do a burnout, can't it? Just never seen it done

(jeez, did I say that? - I'll neither confirm or deny)

WE NEED YOU!!!! We really hope to see you there. Come play.

doug & SStella
    Georgia Super Sport Impala Team VP
    1995 Impala SS / BBHP T56 6-speed conversion #37

'Come kick MY butt - please - or at least TRY'

I was actually planning on comming down, but the Great lady of the Purse string says we just can't afford it. And being a happly married man (you can just ask my wife), that means we can't afford it. But next year... We will see.:
    Gone, but not forgotten

"I don't drink beer, I drink Guinness."

Talking

SSteroid SStela and Doug,

I am signed up... I am even signed up on GASSIT to assist that day.. Now if we can just get some more folks to join the fun!!!!

Come on folks...the odds are now 46 to 1... I am begining to feel like General Custer at the Little Bighorn...(sure is a bunch of savages out there!!).. another 54 and those bowtie boys (and Gals) are going to begin to concern me...

BTW Let me know where in Woodstock you live and I'll drop by and make your neighbors think your getting silly in the street....it's hard to tell a Marauder burnout from a ImpalaSS burnout... :p :p
    Wayne

SSteroid SStela Guest
    As we approach November, no doubt interest will pick up on both sides as it did at Bradenton.

Something owners need to know about this event. It's a FUN day. As I wrote the post above, I was thinkin Marauders but seeing LSC's and MkVIII's (from last year). This event pits LSC torque monsters against the same from GM. There are many SERIOUS drag racers running incredible times. Fun to watch.

However there are many more drivers running with just a few, simple bolt-ons. They are there to have fun and to take advantage of access to a track for an offical time-slip of what their car is capable of - without the long, frustrating waits in the staging lanes amongst a bunch of wind-up cars that can make a first trip to the working side of the track a lousy experience.

New owners need not abuse their cars. Just consider the track as a nice, long, straight Interstate On Ramp where you can safely test what the car can do should you need it. And a time slip to boot as a baseline to compare later should you just happen to add a mod 'here and there' down the road.

Run once, twice, as many times as you like. Or just park it in the corral to show it off. We would just like to have you and your automobile represented.

If you've never driven down the quartermile the thought can be quite intimidating. You've seen it done counless times. When you wink out the prestage light on the Xmas tree the first time..... talk about butterflys. Hmmmm...your respect level for guys that do this for a living cranks up several notches. This may be the first and LAST time.

Green light. You have the reaction time of a sundial. Your heart is at Mach .96. Just keep it to the floor (your right leg a'quivering), pointed straight, and let the computer handle the request.

Lift - it's over. WOW! COOL! Pick up your time-slip...and get right back in line and do it again. Happens to just about all of us. You consider adding "Drag Racer" to the last page of your resume'.

Or just park it and think: BTDT

Big Cars - we love them!

doug

ssstealth Guest

Thumbs up

Cool, I just got my registration sent in!!!

The Caddy will be there and will be ready to play!

Here kitty kitty

Reminder this is now a NHRA sanctioned event. All NHRA rules apply.

1. The track is ours alone 11/9, web page at Atlanta Dragway is not correct.
    2. The scales at the track will be open
    3. Hi Octane Fuel will be available for sale
    4. For all you juice junkies we have a shop for N20 refills at the track.
    5. Track prep materials will be used ( so wax those rear quarters )
    6. If you are preregistered, you should have gotten a post card with your "pass"
    7. trophies will be awarded at the track after 5PM
    8. We will have use of the tower, tree, timing scoreboards, concession stand will be open.
    9. We will be taking as many pictures as we can, so you ..with the long hair..get a haircut!
    10. Rain Date is Sunday 11/10/02

Bishop 95 BBB Impala SS
    Headers, Intake, Yada, yada, yada, 14.7

I'm one of the nearly stock "minor bolt on" Impala SS guys. My car has never even been down the 1/4 mile; I just bought it in July. I'll get to have my first 1/4 mile run on Saturday, 10/19 at Year One's Bristol Bash. Surely some of you can come kick my butt.

I posted the following message on a different thread, but this appears to be the proper place to post it:

Hello. I would like to extend a warm invitation to you folks to attend the "Southern Super Heavy Shootout 2". SSHS2 will be held Saturday, November 9th at Atlanta Dragway in Commerce, Ga. (off I-85 north of Atlanta, Ga.) from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. (Rain Date if necessary is Sunday, November 10th).

Invited entrants for this full day of Drag Racing and the Car Corral Car Show are General Motors B- and D- bodies (Caprice, Impala SS, Cadillac Fleetwood) and Ford Motor Company ?-Bodies (Lincolns, Marauders, Blackhawks, Crown Victoria's) and any other heavy (3800 lb+) American iron. This will be a unique opportunity to have a full day of only heavy American iron - no bikes and no rice.

As of this morning, almost 70 vehicles are pre-registered; as many as 200 are expected. Only one Marauder (Wayne, that must be you!) and four Lincolns have pre-registered so far. We sure would like to see you folks better represented. Come enjoy the great racing conditions and southern hospitality. There will be some SERIOUS heavy American Iron there. You will see at least two Impalas that have previously run 10.8 @ 128 mph or better.

Details may be found here:
    http://www.sshs2.com/index2.htm

Come on down. We'd love to have you participate!

Terry
    1996 Impala SS

12.38 @ 109 mph at SSHS6 - all motor
    385 stroker. 400 RWHP 424 RWTQ on a Mustang dyno

LeadSSled's website

Terry,

Yes, I am the "one".... as I said earlier I am starting to feel like General Custer at the Little Big Horn....if the odds get much worse I am going to have to go to my local Motorsport dealer and buy a can of whoopa$$, in the form of gears and chip, so I can at least escape the "barbarian hordes" Or at least BishopSS95 yelling "Race Me!!" anyway....:p

I am looking forward to it...GASSIT is doing a great job hosting this event... I am going to bring along the digital camera so we can get some photos to post...
    Wayne

Wayne,
    This will be my first opportunity to meet the GASSIT group too. I hear nothing but great things about them. Last week, they rented a 3/8 mile asphalt oval track (Lenoir Speedway) for hot laps. I was not able to go, but I hear that it was great fun.

I'll look you up at SSHS1. If the odds don't change, you'll be easy to find. See if you can gather enough allies to at least circle the wagons for Custer.

This will be great fun. You've got a month to do the gears and a chip. What are you waiting for? Faster is better!

C'ya in Commerce.

Terry
    1996 Impala SS

12.38 @ 109 mph at SSHS6 - all motor
    385 stroker. 400 RWHP 424 RWTQ on a Mustang dyno

LeadSSled's website

hey wayne, i posted to dennis earlier proposing that he bring his linc to run and enough MM goodies to bring you guys out to the track. less than a month now...but i'm hoping to have a new torque converter in by then and possibly if i hit a windfall 3.73's. last year sshs..14.8, this year looking for low 13.s (on a 160,000 mi. daily driver) we'll see . rock on, rus

Thread Information