Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Southern Super Heavy Shootout #7 is ON!

My best run was another 11.3 et, but I had to get out of it twice due to what I believe to be too low tire pressure on the slicks. Got real hairy two times during that run, once after the 1/8 mile when I let off and once about 200 feet before the traps where I coasted through. Felt like would have been a 10.7 run but didn't happen. But it will sooner or later. That's drag racing.

Going back to the pits I heard some rattlling and broke a tensioner. Zack, KIllJoy, John Nero and a couple of other Maraduer brethern helped out. Thanks guys. Once I got it started the car was only running on what seemed 6 cylinders. Oil pressure was good, all plugs were checked and good. I think something in the valve train went. Last run of the day. On the trailer, heading home tomorrow morning at 7 AM. Will check it out this week. Hopefully nothing major.

Jerry Barnes car really kicked AZZ. You should have seen that baby run. Unreal....

The event was awesome. Met a lot of new Marauder members and had a great time, in spite of my misfortune. Hopefully it will happen again next year. I will be there. This is an event no one should miss if you love drag racing.
    Last edited by MarauderTJA; 11-04-2007 at 07:39 PM.
    former owner - Extreme Procharger Marauder
    2004 Silver Birch - Built 01-08-04 - Pur. 07-03-04
    "Proud Member of Sunshine State Marauder's"

Extreme Procharger Bullitt Completed - still on the hunt for another 04 Marauder to build

Quote Originally Posted by MarauderTJA View Post
    My best run was another 11.3 et, but I had to get out of it twice due to what I believe to be too low tire pressure on the slicks. ..... Oil pressure was good, all plugs were checked and good. I think something in the valve train went. Last run of the day. On the trailer, heading home tomorrow morning at 7 AM. Will check it out this week. Hopefully nothing major.
    Great run, Tom. +1 on hoping that it is not a major problem. Saw the video of Jerry's 10.473 run. Awesome !!!
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Thumbs up Good Luck on the Fix

Tom:

Hope it is nothing serious in the engine. Good run even with the engine problem. Thanks again for the T-Shirts.

Glenn
    Last edited by Glenn; 11-04-2007 at 03:50 PM.
    Trilogy #124 SOLD - 8/2014
    11.80 @ 117.16 MPH: SSHS9
    1.74 sec - 60'
    443 RWHP/437 RWTQ
    "Stock Internal Engine" - Click Below

Quote Originally Posted by Smokie View Post
    Does anyone know what this is about???
    http://www.impalassforum.com/vBullet...d.php?t=186602

It don't make us sound too good.
    The thread you linked to pretty much tells the story.

There were two 9-second Impalas there, they know the rules on NHRA license requirements and basically just ran through the 1/8th and coasted through the traps until their final runs of the day, then they let 'er rip. Those are some awesome machines. Eventually there will be some Marauders built like these cars.

The red one has twin turbos, pushes over 1000 hp, and still has full interior including door panels and functional power windows. It's a sweet ride.
    Thanks to Darrin @ BC Automotive:
    $1800 and it was worse than when he started!

Brian (FordNut) FPG # 1458 of 7838
    03 MM 300A (Lotsa mods, 130k mi) was 303rwhp/318rwtq N/A
    then 476/410 D1SC ProCharged on stock block
    then 660/555 D1SC PC on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    then 365/369 N/A on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    Now 751/617 3.4L Whipple on 5.3 Boss5.0 iron big bore stroker

03 MM 300B Silver (Mostly stock, originally wife's car, 370k mi) FPG # 7053 of 7838 or 49 of 417 SB
    03 MM 300B Silver, Stock, wife's next one, 136k mi FPG # 7134 of 7838 or 89 of 417 SB
    04 MM Silver, Stock, on standby 85k mi, FPG # 1212 of 3214 or 432 of 997 SB
    01 F150 longbed
    01 F150 shortbed
    00 F150 4x4 stepside
    01 F150 4x4 7700
    68 Stang FB (70 351C 4V, 4 wheel discs, project car)

Mods listed here (some items not current): FordNut's Mods

Quote Originally Posted by FordNut View Post
    The thread you linked to pretty much tells the story.
    Brian when I asked the question it was before 9 this morning, there is far more information now.
    Smokie
    12.79 @ 107 mph.
    60' 1.851 Street tires & Stock wheels.
    TIMESLIPS
    Performance Mods: Base Trilogy Kit, Exhaust, PHP Airbox.
    Visit my Garage
    Florida "The Supercharged State"

Brian when I asked the question it was before 9 this morning, there is far more information now.
    Cool.

We missed you.
    Thanks to Darrin @ BC Automotive:
    $1800 and it was worse than when he started!

Brian (FordNut) FPG # 1458 of 7838
    03 MM 300A (Lotsa mods, 130k mi) was 303rwhp/318rwtq N/A
    then 476/410 D1SC ProCharged on stock block
    then 660/555 D1SC PC on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    then 365/369 N/A on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    Now 751/617 3.4L Whipple on 5.3 Boss5.0 iron big bore stroker

03 MM 300B Silver (Mostly stock, originally wife's car, 370k mi) FPG # 7053 of 7838 or 49 of 417 SB
    03 MM 300B Silver, Stock, wife's next one, 136k mi FPG # 7134 of 7838 or 89 of 417 SB
    04 MM Silver, Stock, on standby 85k mi, FPG # 1212 of 3214 or 432 of 997 SB
    01 F150 longbed
    01 F150 shortbed
    00 F150 4x4 stepside
    01 F150 4x4 7700
    68 Stang FB (70 351C 4V, 4 wheel discs, project car)

Mods listed here (some items not current): FordNut's Mods

Glad you guys liked the t-shirts. Also, they were other Marauders that hit the 11's there. I know who you are but feel you should post up here. Congratulations to all of you Marauder guys (and not to leave out our friend John Kuhn's GM) that made 11's, beat your personal best and the rest of you for drag racing. For all of the Marauders racing as well as those in attendance everyone showed the Chevy boys were are into drag racing for the long run.

Extreme Procharger Bullitt Completed - still on the hunt for another 04 Marauder to build

Wish you could have made it Javier....A great time. You were missed.

Tom I have a picture of your car on my SSHS7 site

http://web.mac.com/mwhite26/Site/SSHS7.html#grid

It's the last picture.

James Brown #140 "Say It Loud" Except in Bristol
    Merc's Garage
    MagnaFuel ProTuner Series 750 MP-1403
    Stainless Steel Works full exhaust
    SCT Advantage III Ford Pro Racer Software
    600.59 rwhp 559.91 Torque @ 20 lbs Boost
    2.3 Whipple Intercooled Supercharger
    BC Automotive Stage4 transmission
    03 Terminator built by Chris Vining

GASSIT1 Guest

SSHS7 – After Action Report

OK, who else got a damn sunburn on Saturday?!!
    [FONT=[/IMG]Thanks]
    [SIZE=/><o:p></o:p>
    <font size=]The weather was brilliant and we had just a single breakdown and did not have a single track-delay the entire day, other than maybe me when I ran out of gas under the tower…
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[IMG]http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/ /><o:p></o:p>
    <font size=" /><o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
    The competition and the cars were the best ever, I am not aware of any other event of this kind where the cars run this fast and folks can get so many passes. I think it’s pretty apparent that we are in a new level of “fast” big cars and I think that is a good thing, any event has to adapt to change, the shootout is no different. I find it very rewarding that so many folks either in conversation or in forum postings describe their best performances happening at the Shootout events.<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    I hope everyone had a good BBQ lunch from Frank’s BBQ Stand, it was the first time that was done at a Shootout, and thanks to the very hard work of the Southern Marauders, John’s Stereo and MercuryMarauder.net, I think the experiment of bringing in an additional lunch choice to the track concession-stand was a big success. It should be noted that concessions are contractually excluded from our agreement so the “Lunch Lady Team” had to start from scratch with getting this done on time and on budget.<o:p></o:p>
    On behalf of GASSIT and myself a very special thanks the Mercury Marauder community for the beautiful plaque, it is an extraordinary memento for our club and me. It will be hung up in my office with pride between the Muscle Car and Hooter’s Girls calendars. It is noteworthy that based on tech cards, the Mercury Marauder community made up 40% of the total competitors this year, that is the highest percentage EVER. The Mopar community made its strongest showing ever as well, and that sublime charger was the first car to be seen in the fog of the morning…LOL… I think this is even more proof that the shootout continues to grow and evolve with all those folks who have to buy big cars but don’t want “automotive appliances”.<o:p></o:p>
    Another big thank you to all those that bought 50/50 ticket’s and T-shirts, it’s not a surprise that these are so helpful to us in managing the event, I was particularly proud of the T-****s this year, they were the best we have ever done, Blake Werner and Kelly Munsey of GASSIT and SmokinSS did a great job with them. Because there was A LOT of inquiries about those pink t-shirts, I’ll explain that they were a single run given to the GASSIT spouses and significant others that have tirelessly performed all those unglamorous tasks with the shootouts over the years.<o:p></o:p>
    Regarding the Big Dawg final, it is no secret that Big John and I are long time friends, we live in the same town, known each other for years, he has been a mentor to me as I mess about in my race car adventures and a driving force in the founding of GASSIT and the SSHS events. John is intense and competitive; he gets to the point like high velocity ammunition gets through glass. It was the worse case scenario for me personally in the six years doing SSHS events and 7 years leading GASSIT. I was lucky in that we had good communications setup on the ground, got all the information as to what happened very quickly and we had GASSIT board members together at the time in the tower. I knew John came to SSHS7 after a lot of hard work getting the Bad Bowtie looking and running stronger than ever, he came to make a statement. He was exceptionally successful as THE SSHS7 competitor, in the end he missed a technical requirement that cost him a trophy, but not the respect and admiration of me personally and all the people that saw him run. If the situation was reversed, and the Marauder team missed the scale, I would have made the same type of decision and ruling. The fact is; that the Marauder team’s protest was not the reason the decision was discovered to be needed, the review had already started.<o:p></o:p>
    A final tip of the hat to the INC crew, it’s easy to post; could, would, should… these guys brought real numbers with them, got organized, crashed the gate in style and proceeded to have a damn good car show in the middle of it all. They single handedly reopened the previous closed decision about putting a car show back as part of the Shootout, well done gentlemen!<o:p></o:p>
    I apologize for the novel. We ended early because I think we tired everyone out, the staging lanes were simply empty towards the end, but as Doug Wood said, I’m turning out the lights on SSHS7…Thank you all and keep posting those pics and vids!<o:p></o:p>
    Norm
    [/SIZE]

XXL-VETE Guest
    Just for the record; for those not at SSHS7 .. There was no one at the scales all day .. NO ONE ! so driving over the scales with no one there to read it means what? .. When someone protested the PT Cruiser for not making weight it was announced over the PA for him to report to the scales after his next run AND STAY THERE ! so he did and I waited with him almost 10 Minutes for someone in the tower to come look .. 4010 lb. … Why wasn’t Big John given the same courtesy ? And please tell me who Affricated the Marauders weight and what was it? It’s easy to drive over a scale with no one there to read it.. what’s the point ? why wasn’t John allowed to just take the car back to the scales and weigh it? There is nothing loose in his car that could have been removed to lighten his car. Please show me how to make a full interior Impala with factory sheet metal, door panels, glass, WORKING power windows, Full roll cage twin turbo’s and parachutes weigh under 4000 lb. John’s car weighs more then 4000 lb with out the driver and he’s not call “Big John” just because he’s real Fast ;)
    Everyone knows his car makes the weight. EVERYONE ! Then when it’s announced that John is disqualified at the awards ceremony and the Marauder is the winner .. he’s not even there to get the trophy .. 5 minutes we wait for him to mosey on over to pick up his great win … Pathetic ! Then he makes this lame attempt of sportsmanship by saying “we all know who really won” THEN WHY EVEN PROTEST ? YES we all know who really won! The Marauder bunch as a whole is one great bunch of guys and love hanging out with them and love having them there .. I had; HAD great respect for the Trilogy camp for what they brought and what they accomplished till they pull this B.S. ! I hope you NEVER come back to SSHS# ! This has always been a good friendly rivalry till you Winnie babies showed up.. it’s not about the $5 plastic trophy ; it’s about friendly rivalry and mutual respect, You not only lost the race you lost all respect !

<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:P< p O:P<>Congratulations

<O:P< font O:P< O:P<O:P<>

Kenny<O:P< font O:P<>

<O:P< font O:P<>

P.S. All the rest of you Marauder guys… can’t wait to see you at SSHS8 !!

</SPAN>

</O:P<></O:P<>
    </O:P<>
    </O:P<>
    Last edited by XXL-VETE; 11-05-2007 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by merc View Post
    Tom I have a picture of your car on my SSHS7 site

http://web.mac.com/mwhite26/Site/SSHS7.html#grid

It's the last picture.
    Now THAT has to be on my desktop!!! Get back to me with ASAP with that. Great shot.

Quote Originally Posted by MarauderTJA View Post
    Now THAT has to be on my desktop!!! Get back to me with ASAP with that. Great shot.
    Send me a E-mail address that I can send your picture to. The size is large format and it's a 2.4 meg file.

James Brown #140 "Say It Loud" Except in Bristol
    Merc's Garage
    MagnaFuel ProTuner Series 750 MP-1403
    Stainless Steel Works full exhaust
    SCT Advantage III Ford Pro Racer Software
    600.59 rwhp 559.91 Torque @ 20 lbs Boost
    2.3 Whipple Intercooled Supercharger
    BC Automotive Stage4 transmission
    03 Terminator built by Chris Vining

Hey guys~ I wanna say a big thank you to Norm from GASSIT(For letting us crash his party), Mary, and John from mm.net (who worked to sponsor a very well recieved BBQ lunch within the SSHS7), Steve (Glassman99) and Brian(Fordnut) for putting it together.

It was a great event capped by a awesome presentation of trophies and awards. "The last dance" is the benchmark for all big car events of the future

Thanks again you guys You were a pleasure to work with.

Best regards,
    GAMike
    2003 Black on Charcoal 300A W/90K (RIP 7-17-08)
    5-9-09 Now Keeper of the Pristine and Ledgendary:
    Trilogy # 73 Known in Metro Atlanta as "The Banshee"
    Courtesy of Bigslim, and SidewaysCoupe
    All options that came on an 04 SB & a boatload of .......... Never mind... It would take too long.
    12.73 @ 107.9 & 1.79 60' at SSHS9

Thanks for the pat on the back Mike! It was nice to meet you. Norm you are the man and have my respect.
    [SIGPIC]

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information