Thread: Downloadable calender

Question Downloadable calender

Anybody know about a good, simple, downloadable calender. My mail program is/was Microsoft Outlook and I use(d) it and like(d) it very much. Trouble is, Outlook is always getting corrupted and frankly a royalpainintheass, (sorry Brian) and I go back to Outlook Express, because of the address book and saved emails; but then can't access the Outlook calender, because it's AFU, again.

Rant over.......is there a recommended simple calender, please?

BTW the computer is a Dell with XT Pro operating system.

You can try Mozilla Thunderbird. It's the old Netscape Communicator (actually was Mozilla the whole time).

I think there is an add-on call "Lightening" or something that makes it work more like Outlook rather than a simple Email client.

And it's FREE.

-Jonathan

Mozilla > everything else

2016 Ford Mustang GT PP - Lund nGauge, BMR vertical links, MGW Shifter, BMR CB005

2004 Mercury Marauder - Eaton M112, Billetflow 3.4, Accufab SBTB + Plenum, T-56 Magnum, 4.10s, Stainless Works LTs, 2.5" Exhaust, Borla Stingers, Ridetech Coilovers + Adj rear shocks, FX-R projectors, Wilwood 13" BNSL6 + FNSL4 BBKs, S55 Gauge Cluster
    440rwhp & 406rwtq Tuned by Adam @ Revolution Automotive
    2063/3214

(Sold) 2003 Mercury Marauder - Stainless Works LT's, Stainless Works 2.5" Catback, JLT Intake, Mo's Xcal4 Tune
    5377/7838

2000 BMW M5 - Evolve Intake, Evolve Alpha-N tune, Stoptech ST-40 BBK, UUC SSK, Dinan front STB, Dinan RSB

1996 Ford Bronco - 4" lift, 35" BFG A/T's, Punisher Valve Body, MH1 Projectors

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Poore View Post
    Anybody know about a good, simple, downloadable calender. My mail program is/was Microsoft Outlook and I use(d) it and like(d) it very much. Trouble is, Outlook is always getting corrupted and frankly a royalpainintheass, (sorry Brian) and I go back to Outlook Express, because of the address book and saved emails; but then can't access the Outlook calender, because it's AFU, again.

Rant over.......is there a recommended simple calender, please?

BTW the computer is a Dell with XT Pro operating system.
    Evolution.

I've used it under Linux, and it's a total Outlook/Exchange replacement. I don't know how it works under Windows, but it has to be better than what you have.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ease_id=492523

Linux version home:

http://www.gnome.org/projects/evolution/
    2003 Marauder 300eh - Stock

Born: 12/03/2002
    Adopted 02/17/2003

Trilogy #243

AVIC D3
    SS Inserts.
    Metco Control arms and Watts link.
    QA1 8 way adjustable shocks and struts.
    Addco front and rear anti-roll bars.
    Wilwood front brakes.

I can't drive 55. I'm looking forward to not being able to drive 75 ether.

Last edited by Aren Jay; 02-13-2008 at 09:33 PM.

Do not forget this one for work.

No download but it beats the fireman calendar everytime.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/posters/8aec/

Nothing is better than this,

October - Motivation. If a pretty poster and a cute saying are all it takes to motivate you, you probably have a very easy job. The kind robots will be doing soon.

Is it?

April - Discovery. A company that will go to the ends of the Earth for its people will find it can hire them for about 10% of the cost of Americans.
    Last edited by Aren Jay; 02-13-2008 at 09:50 PM.

Send Jessica a PM.

She makes incredible calendars with our photos for the family every year.
    2017 Niro

Thanks, guys. I have the one that came loaded on the PrintMaster program, which I assume is the same one Jessica uses, but I'll ask her, thanks Barry. Meanwhile, I've gone through the suggested ones, and can't find anything as simple, direct, and easy to use, (past tense) as the one in Outlook. I suppose I could try reloading Office, but knowing how things always go from bad to worse, especially when it comes to Microsoft software, I'm afraid to try. There's too much invested in my Word documents, and even though they're backed up, the thought of going through that nasty little scenario makes my head itch.

Barry, I didn't bother Jessica and the Printmaster one wasn't. I went to Circuit City and tried to buy one, and got laughed at. One, for using Microsoft ANYTHING, and for not downloading the freeware,and for not using Thunderbird as my mail client, which supposedly has a calendar. (it does not) In any case, Outlook and outlook express are history, and good riddance!

OK, after looking around I took a chance and downloaded KYBTEC, which puts a very easy to use calendar on my desktop, along with a built in clock. It's simple, and it works.

Of course, only later will I learn that it's actually spyware and it's gonna steal my identity and send my bank account to some guys in Uganda.

Thread Information