Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just purchased AT 2525s...

Quote Originally Posted by IwantmyMMnow! View Post
    Had these waiting for me when I returned from the BOC yesterday evening. Wasn't expecting them until tomorrow...will be calling muffler shop first thing tomorrow that was recommended by shop that did the alignment (to carfixer's specs, no less) on my fronts.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!
    Make sure you mention they are directional mufflers as well.

2004 Silver Birch
    300B
    Build date:9/29/2003, Adopted on 12/02/05
    Exhaust by Greg
    13.630 @ 100.49 mph (11/21/10)

2015 Ford Focus SE Sport FWD
    2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost AWD (377whp/423tq).
    2010 Ford Fusion Sport FWD
    1989.5 Ford Mustang 5.0 LXsport

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ctrlraven View Post
    Make sure you mention they are directional mufflers as well.
    Each one has a sticker that says "INLET", but I'll mention that they are directional, too. Better to say it twice than not at all...

Going to have them put on tomorrow!
    In Memoriam....11-14-13

Rex Weinbender

The best friend a person could have

In Memoriam...05-26-14
    Lillian Kostac

I love you grandma!!!

Angry

Was getting ready to leave to have my new mufflers & tips installed (had appt for 230pm). Literally 5 minutes before I was ready to head out, got a call from the shop. One his muffler guys didn't show up in the morning due to family emergency. His other muffler guy had just been taken to the hospital via ambulance; was complaining of feeling dizzy/light-headed and shortness of breath.

He was calling everyone that had afternoon appointments to see if they would be willing to postpone to another day since he was down to just one guy on exhaust. Will take $20 off if agree to postpone. I asked when I could be rescheduled and he said he had an opening for 3pm tomorrow. I took the appt for tomorrow...I can certainly wait one more day if it'll save me $20!

I thanked him for getting in touch with me before I showed up and for the $20 'coupon'...
    In Memoriam....11-14-13

Rex Weinbender

In Memoriam...05-26-14
    Lillian Kostac

I love you grandma!!!

Unhappy De-railed again

Had to canx my appt to have mufflers installed. Woke up this morning and just wasn't feeling right. After I had a cup of coffee and fixed myself something to eat, spent some 'quality time' in the library.

Thought I could tough it out and still make my appt, but realized around noon I should just stay home. Feeling better now after a long nap. Hoping the worst is over and I can try to get in the shop tomorrow.
    In Memoriam....11-14-13

Rex Weinbender

In Memoriam...05-26-14
    Lillian Kostac

I love you grandma!!!

always get compliments on the areos myself.. expecialy hit the gas when you go over an underpass or in the city... at times you will get car alarms to go off

Angry The saga continues....

Recommendations aren't always what they're cracked up to be...

Okay, so I realize that this sort of thing happens. Now that I've had a chance to calm myself over the events that transpired today, still need to 'vent' a little to get past it.

Went to muffler shop (recommended by place that did my alignment) to have my mufflers/tips installed; it was about 1:30-2 when I arrived. Talked to one of the guys, re-hashed what happened the past two days, and he says, "I'm just about finished with a job right now, it'll be about 20-30 minutes before I can get to you". "No problem", I said, and took a seat in the waiting area. I'm the only one in there.

15-20 minutes go by and a car pulls up. A gentleman about my age steps out and comes inside, talks to the same guy I did, then they go out to his car and the mech starts looking it over. Several minutes later, the new customer walks in the waiting area and takes a seat. Roughly 15 minutes after that, I see a car being backed out of the garage area (place only had one lift) and gets parked out front. The mech (same one as before) gets out, jumps in the car that just pulled up and drives it in the garage.

I ask the new customer if he had an appt. He says, "No. I'm from out of town. Just here visiting and figured it was time to replace my raggidty mufflers...they've been soundin' like crap for a while now." I look at my cell; it's 2:45.

Another half-hour goes by and the mech walks into the waiting area, approaches me and says, "I'm gonna be working on his car for another 45 minutes to an hour and I am closing up early today, so could you come back tomorrow?"

"Sure", I say, knowing that I will NOT be coming back tomorrow...or ever!

So I start looking for other muffler shops on my cell, find two, and head out. On my way to the first place, I spot an out-of-the-way, somewhat run-down looking muffler shop and decide to give it a try. The guys that work there were very nice, complemented my Marauder, looked everything over and gave me a quote ($100) right there on the spot. Said they wouldn't be able to get to it today, but if I show up any time tomorrow morning, they'll take care of me right away.

Hope they stay true to their word and that by noon tomorrow I'll be roaring around town...finally!
    In Memoriam....11-14-13

Rex Weinbender

In Memoriam...05-26-14
    Lillian Kostac

I love you grandma!!!

Unhappy Movies don't have this much drama...

The events that occurred after my last post has yet again left me w/o my new mufflers installed.

A friend of mine from one of my classes this past semester shoots me a text around 9 that night saying he's going out for a few beers. I ask him when/where, get cleaned up, and head out to meet him.

At 3am, I'm using the money I had set aside for the muffler install (plus a little more) to bail him out of jail. Around 6am, when he is finally released, he gets cash out of ATM to pay me back...needless to say at this point all I wanted to do was go home and go to bed. (I'll spare all the details of what happened, but basically he was incarcerated falsely; looks like I'll be going to court again soon to testify on his behalf)

After sleeping all day, wake up to get my kids. Since it's Mother's Day weekend, only have them til Sat evening; then got an invite from another friend to go to strip club later that night...no police involved during this outing, thankfully.

Headed down to Charlotte this morning to visit my Mom; just got back an hour ago.

I'm not going to say it...I'll just post up when the mufflers are installed.
    In Memoriam....11-14-13

Rex Weinbender

In Memoriam...05-26-14
    Lillian Kostac

I love you grandma!!!

Talking Fi-nal-ly!!!

Yes, I finally got my AT 2525s and 4" exhaust tips installed earlier today.

And I absolutely LOVE IT!

I'll post up pics/videos when I get the chance...started storming shortly after I got them done, so the photo shoot will have to wait.

THE SILVER PHOENIX IS RISING UP YET AGAIN!!! FTW!!!
    In Memoriam....11-14-13

Rex Weinbender

In Memoriam...05-26-14
    Lillian Kostac

I love you grandma!!!

Glad you finally got them installed!

2004 Silver Birch
    300B
    Build date:9/29/2003, Adopted on 12/02/05
    Exhaust by Greg
    13.630 @ 100.49 mph (11/21/10)

2015 Ford Focus SE Sport FWD
    2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost AWD (377whp/423tq).
    2010 Ford Fusion Sport FWD
    1989.5 Ford Mustang 5.0 LXsport

Quote Originally Posted by ctrlraven View Post
    Glad you finally got them installed!
    No doubt...it's been an 'interesting' week since I got them last Monday.

Got another awesome 'surprise' today...a refund check from UNC-A...$2K!!!

Getting new Coopers on the rears tomorrow (OEM size)...$360.

Got another $140 set aside for 4.10 gear set...transaction will be complete tonight.

New passenger marker lamp on it's way....bought last week.

New plugs on Saturday....as long as Russ is home.

Might be able to swing by Mo's at end of month to have 4.10s installed...

Finally starting to get my baby the way I want it!
    In Memoriam....11-14-13

Rex Weinbender

In Memoriam...05-26-14
    Lillian Kostac

I love you grandma!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information