PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Naval battle South/North Korea

Pat
12-27-2015, 12:28 PM
For those who are interested in Navel warfare may I recommend a South Korean movie titled "North Limit Line" on Netflix. Type in NLL.

It's a two box drama about the on going conflict between the Korea's along the North Limit Line of demarcation between the North and the South in the Yellow sea. Subtitles, a first rate action film with lots of drama and character development. Based on a true story.

Cheers

sailsmen
12-27-2015, 12:39 PM
Why are we paying for the Defense of South Korea? They are a very, very wealthy country and quite capable of paying us!

Shornaday
12-27-2015, 02:37 PM
Sure didn't seem very wealthy when I was there. Spent a year in South Korea, although may be a little out of touch since that was 25 years ago...

At that time the average population were just starting to buy cars and drove like crazy, in and out of the ditches.

I would say it is more of an offense, still playing cold war.

I'd be like this at the DMZ :poke::duel::uzi:

Think I'll partake in the movie, thanks Pat.

Shornaday
12-27-2015, 02:45 PM
Pat,
Pulled up the movie and realized I watched it a couple of nights ago. It was a good movie and the tactics used very interesting. Makes you realize how such a skirmish could set off another military action.
Steve

sexygomer
12-28-2015, 10:30 AM
I lived there during the recent Cheonan sinking and repeated shellings between the two. Might be interesting to check out. We are paying to aid in the defense of SK because they are one very small piece of land away from China. That's the very same reason why China remains "friends" with the North; they don't want the US or our allies basically right at their doorstep.

sailsmen
12-28-2015, 01:20 PM
Why are we paying for the Defense of South Korea? They are a very, very wealthy country and quite capable of paying us!

South Korea is the 13th largest economy in the World!

South Korea only spends 2.6% of GDP on Defense vs the USA 3.5% of GDP.