PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Ford Fusion: Updated and Sport-ified

ctrlraven
01-12-2016, 01:00 PM
http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2017-ford-fusion-photos-and-info-news

http://blog.caranddriver.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/2017-Ford-Fusion-Sport-201-876x535.jpg

Sport model - 325hp TTV6 and AWD! Starting price is about 11k less than a SHO. I assume it will have the new 2.7L V6 which is already proving to respond very well to tunes and other mods.

Lowndex
01-12-2016, 01:35 PM
Good looking with nice hp/weight ratio. And the $11K less closes the deal, baby.

Bad_S55
01-12-2016, 01:47 PM
Every single level of YES! I always hated how you couldn't a V6 in the current gen Fusion.

Vortech347
01-12-2016, 02:30 PM
Sexy ***** right there.

Mr. Man
01-12-2016, 03:14 PM
Less Aston Martin more Mazda, Pass.

Joe Walsh
01-12-2016, 08:38 PM

Gotta disagree on that...

The Aston Martin front ends on the Fusion and the newer Focus look great!

Those goofy 'Big Smile' grilles on the Mazdas look like crap.

Mr. Man
01-12-2016, 11:08 PM

Just not diggin' it Joe, It's not ugly but it has no 'Wow" factor to me.

http://images.thecarconnection.com/lrg/2015-mazda-mazda6_100466567_l.jpg

MMBLUE
01-13-2016, 08:05 AM
BOO...BOO...Booo

No rear wheel = not for me !

2,4shofast
01-13-2016, 09:11 AM
I would take one! I really like my Fusion just needed the Flex more.

ncmm
01-14-2016, 08:29 AM
Sure hope that doesn't have the recent transmission off the Focus. Been lots of shuddering between 1st and 2nd with the automatics. Other than that the Fusion looks like a really sweet ride!

1Marauder
01-14-2016, 08:58 AM
Just rented a new Fusion Tiitanium and it was really sporty. Was in Spokane WA, colder, snowy, Rainey, and it ran really really well.

It is MUCH MUCH nicer than the lower end models AND much quieter I thought as well.

My over all was that iT only needed 50-100 more HP, bigger wheels and tires, and rear wheel drive.

Looks like they are trying to mitigate all three of these perceptions. Or at least 2 1/2

Joe Walsh
01-16-2016, 10:22 AM
http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2017-ford-fusion-photos-and-info-news

Sport model - 325hp TTV6 and AWD! Starting price is about 11k less than a SHO.
I assume it will have the new 2.7L V6 which is already proving to respond very well to tunes and other mods.

Good looking with nice hp/weight ratio. And the $11K less closes the deal, baby.

Every single level of YES! I always hated how you couldn't a V6 in the current gen Fusion.

Thanks for the 'heads up' Chris!
I just started looking for a new daily driver and have looked at the Fusion but IMHO the 2.0L Ecoboost was being worked too hard in the bigger Fusion model.

A buddy of mine just bought a new F150 with the 2.7L EcoBoost V6 and he LOVES it!
Just the right engine size for good fuel economy and yet plenty of torque to get you moving!
Plus, as you mentioned, tuners will easily be able to get 350+ HP and 400+ Ft/Lbs out of the new 2.7L Ecoboost V6.

Sure hope that doesn't have the recent transmission off the Focus. Been lots of shuddering between 1st and 2nd with the automatics. Other than that the Fusion looks like a really sweet ride!

Yep....Marianne's new Focus is a really nice car and gets great gas mileage...
but is already starting the 'shuddering transmission' problem that Ford was supposed to have remedied in the 2015 models.
I certainly hope that Ford does NOT put the Focus transmission behind that 350 Ft/Lbs twin turbo V6.
That would be a deal killer for me.

ChiTownMaraud3r
01-16-2016, 12:09 PM
Drove an ecoboost 4 cylinder escape and the fuel mileage was terrible. Heard the same about ecoboost 6 F150s. Might as well get the V8.

Joe Walsh
01-16-2016, 01:33 PM
Drove an ecoboost 4 cylinder escape and the fuel mileage was terrible.

Yep,
Pretty good sized vehicle for a 4 cylinder to move around quickly...probably running boost most of the time.

Heard the same about ecoboost 6 F150s. Might as well get the V8.

The 3.5L Ecoboost's do eat gas if you are using them to haul stuff.
There is no way to get around physics....if you want to move a LOT of weight, you have to burn a LOT of gasoline.

If you can stay out of the boost most of the time, the Ecoboost engines will deliver better than average fuel economy.

MMcactusflower
01-17-2016, 07:54 AM
Just read about the added power, et al, in one of my car mags...just what this car needed in my view. Looks pretty nice.

RF Overlord
01-17-2016, 09:12 AM
I'm conflicted...on the one hand, AWD is far superior to WWD (wrong-wheel drive) but has added expense and complexity and can be a wallet-drain when repairs are needed. I still prefer plain old RWD.

The good news is that it's not hideous-looking like the Lincoln stuff so if I *had* to buy a new car tomorrow, at least I now have a choice in the Ford column. (First choice is still the Challenger)

Marauderjack
01-17-2016, 02:38 PM
I'm conflicted...on the one hand, AWD is far superior to WWD (wrong-wheel drive) but has added expense and complexity and can be a wallet-drain when repairs are needed. I still prefer plain old RWD.

The good news is that it's not hideous-looking like the Lincoln stuff so if I *had* to buy a new car tomorrow, at least I now have a choice in the Ford column. (First choice is still the Challenger)

I have to agree.......AWD is still Front Wheel Drive to me!!:shake:

Mr. Man
01-17-2016, 03:10 PM

The good news is that it's not hideous-looking like the Lincoln stuff so if I *had* to buy a new car tomorrow, at least I now have a choice in the Ford column. (First choice is still the Challenger)I find front wheel drive fun in little cars like the Focus in the snow, and that's about it. If I want all my wheels spinning I'm getting 4wd, and it's a truck.

BLACKMARAUDER04
01-18-2016, 01:14 PM
The new V6 was added because they are putting the new Continental's
3.0 DOHC 400HP in the MKZ.

ctrlraven
01-18-2016, 02:44 PM
Slightly off topic but Ford released power stats on the Focus RS 2.3L EB single turbo.

Type 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine
Output 350 HP @ 6,000 RPM
Torque 350 LB-FT @ 3,200 RPM
0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) 4.7 seconds
Top Speed 266 km/h (165 mph)

Will be really interesting what the 2.7L EB twin turbo can do in the Fusion, current spec is 325hp which could be the legit output which would leave tons of room for tuning. Livernois is already doing tuning with the 2016 Edge 2.7L EB info: "our 93 performance tune leading the way in terms of performance. This tune is good for peak vs. peak gains of over 103hp and 97tq, with maximum gains of over 111hp and 117tq!"

71cyclone
01-18-2016, 04:30 PM
SPEAKING OF ECHO BOOST POWER / 'Detroit Steel Wheels' 'Mob STEEL'' did a Resto Rod rebuild a month or so back with a late model F 150 [pre 79 if not mistaken] with a twin turbo 3.5 crate engine and ecm package for a Pro football player ,and the conversion turned out real nice and quick.

Joe Walsh
01-28-2016, 05:04 PM
SPEAKING OF ECHO BOOST POWER / 'Detroit Steel Wheels' 'Mob STEEL'' did a Resto Rod rebuild a month or so back with a late model F 150 [pre 79 if not mistaken] with a twin turbo 3.5 crate engine and ecm package for a Pro football player ,and the conversion turned out real nice and quick.

IIRC...it was Albert Haynesworthless.

He had MobSteel stuff that 3.5L EcoBoost into a beater F150 that he owned.

I laughed during the entire build, as Albert was just spending more of 'Danny Boy's' money!!

(Daniel Snyder dumped $100 MILLION on Haynesworthless and got 2 unproductive years for it.....:rofl: )

BTW: That Fusion Sport is most likely going to be my next DD!

ctrlraven
02-11-2016, 04:13 PM
2017 Ford Fusion Sport (STD & Options)
Engine: 2.7L V6 Ecoboost (STD)
Drivetrain: All-Wheel Drive (STD)
Transmission: 6-Speed Automatic -inc: steering wheel mounted paddle shifters (STD)
Paint Colors: Shadow Black, Magnetic, Lightning Blue, Ingot Silver, Oxford White, Burgundy Velvet Metallic Tinted Clearcoat ($395), Ruby Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat ($395), White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat ($595)
Seat Type: Dark Earth Gray, Leather/Miko Suede Heated Sport Bucket Seats
Equipment Group 400A ($0)
Equipment Group 401A
-inc: Fusion V6 Sport Upgrade Package, 10-Way Power Passenger Seat, fore/aft, up/down, recline and 2-way power lumbar, Reverse Sensing System, (2) 4.2" Driver Configurable LCD Display In instrument cluster, Ambient Lighting, Dual Zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control, Radio: AM/FM/MP3 CD Player, Sony premium audio w/12 speakers and HD Radio, SYNC 3 Communications & Entertainment System, enhanced voice recognition, 8" center LCD capacitive touch-screen w/swipe capability, pinch-to-zoom capability w/navigaton, AppLink, 911 Assist and two smart charging USB ports ($2000)
Additional Equipment:
Adaptive Cruise Control W/Stop & Go
-inc: Pre-Collision Assist w/Pedestrian Detection, forward collision warning, brake support and active braking ($1190)
Fusion V6 Sport Driver Assist Package
-inc: Power Converter 110V Outlet, Heated Steering Wheel, BLIS w/Cross Traffic Alert (Blind Spot Information System), Rain-Sensing Wipers, Lane-Keeping System, lane departure warning, lane keeping aid and driver monitoring system, SYNC Connect, Auto High Beams ($1625)
50-State Emissions System ($0)
Engine Block Heater (Regional) Standard in AK, MN, ND, SD, MT, WI and WY states. Other states available via FCSD. ($0)
Paint Protection Film By 3M
-inc: covers for the leading edge of hood, front fascia, front lower rocker, lower rear quarter, door edges, door handle cups and rear fascia edge
Pre-installed custom accessory. ($295)
Power Moonroof -inc: Universal Garage Door Opener ($1095)
Front License Plate Bracket Standard in states where required by law ($0)
Radio: Am/Fm/Mp3 Cd Player
-inc: Sony premium audio w/12 speakers and HD Radio, SYNC 3 Communications & Entertainment System, enhanced voice recognition, 8" center LCD capacitive touch-screen w/swipe capability, pinch-to-zoom capability w/navigaton, AppLink, 911 Assist and two smart charging USB ports ($0)
Cooled Driver And Passenger Seats-inc: perforated leather ($395)
All Weather Front & Rear Floor Mats($120)
Trunk Cargo NetPre-installed custom accessory ($25)
Enhanced Active Park Assist W/Parallel Parking-inc: park out assist, reverse perpendicular parking and forward and side sensing systems ($995)
Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System-inc: SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link w/5-year prepaid subscription, Not available in AK/HI, SiriusXM audio and data services each require a subscription sold separately, or as a package, by Sirius XM Radio Inc. ($795)
Rear Inflatable Safety Belts ($190)

Joe Walsh
02-11-2016, 04:58 PM
SWEET!

Looking forward to this Camry Crusher/Honda Humiliator.

I'm so tired of hearing this chant from the lemmings:

"My Camry/Accord has a V6!!"

Now I can tell them that their V6s are missing a blower....(unless you count the driver)...:eek:

BTW: Who applies the 3M Paint protector film...dealer or factory?

ctrlraven
02-11-2016, 06:18 PM
SWEET!

Looking forward to this Camry Crusher/Honda Humiliator.

I'm so tired of hearing this chant from the lemmings:

"My Camry/Accord has a V6!!"

Now I can tell them that their V6s are missing a blower....(unless you count the driver)...:eek:

BTW: Who applies the 3M Paint protector film...dealer or factory?
I posted that info just cause I know you want this to be your next car.

Most likely the 3M Paint protector film would be installed by the dealer. Would be nice if it was done at the factory since then it would lessen the likelihood of any paint contamination during transport to the dealer and the people in clean up, since you know any of their brushes/mits or whatever they use to wash the cars will leave the very first scratches/swirl marks on the paint.

1Marauder
02-11-2016, 09:51 PM
I've had all wheel drive cars... And aside from RWD fun, they were quicker, faster, and more stable in the muck. I love RWD for fun spirited driving, but for everyday, mountains sleet snow and muck... AWD rocks.

crownvic97
02-16-2016, 07:14 PM
I like it, it's sure to be a fun car too. I have enough vehicles already though! Haha

jsignorelli
02-16-2016, 08:32 PM
I have a Sangria Red 2010 Fusion Sport. What attracted me to the car was the two tone leather seating to match the car color, all the "free" optional electronics (all part of the sport package)and the 3.5 liter V-6. Great on gas and it flies. ,
I like the new 2017 Sport model, but the seating is nothing special to the model.

Joe Walsh
09-16-2016, 06:38 PM
New Fusion Sport 2.7L Ecoboost V6 puts out 380 Ft-LBs of torque!

Only problem is that the thing is like the SHO....another pig.....3,900+ LBs!

Why does FORD make all of their 'Sport' sedans weigh 2 tons....?

:hmmm:

I wonder why the 3.5L SHO Ecoboost V6 is rated at only 350 Ft-Lbs*.....is the new Fusion Sport's transmission that stout?

*350 Ft-Lbs was supposedly the max FORD would rate the Taurus SHO auto transmission.

Bigslim1
09-16-2016, 06:55 PM
New Fusion Sport 2.7L Ecoboost V6 puts out 380 Ft-LBs of torque!

Only problem is that the thing is like the SHO....another pig.....3,900+ LBs!

Why does FORD make all of their 'Sport' sedans weigh 2 tons....?

:hmmm:

I wonder why the 3.5L SHO Ecoboost V6 is rated at only 350 Ft-Lbs*.....is the new Fusion Sport's transmission that stout?

*350 Ft-Lbs was supposedly the max FORD would rate the Taurus SHO auto transmission.
Weight is due to a lot of safety equipment and toys. The new Lincolns get 400hp out of the new 3.0 liter engine. You better believe that the next generation SHO will have 400-450 hp.

Joe Walsh
09-26-2016, 05:41 PM
My nephew just graduated from UMD with a MechE degree and was hired by FORD to work in Detroit!
He just got the opportunity to test drive the new Fusion Sport by himself for @ 30 minutes.
He reports that the vehicle is awesome and really MOVES!
One of the many display options shows how much power is being sent by the AWD system to each of the 4 corners.

ChiTownMaraud3r
09-26-2016, 07:55 PM
Love the fusiosn. One of the best rental cars out there.

daddyusmaximus
09-26-2016, 08:15 PM

Cool would be the fenders and headlights of the Mazda, with the Ford grill.

One good thing, 6 cylinders is more cool than 4 and AWD way better than FWD.

Joe Walsh
10-20-2016, 07:22 PM
My nephew just sent me the Ford A/Z plan pricing which Ford has extended to employee aunts and uncles!

I fear that the Marauder is going bye bye once (if) I fix the broken engine.
Tired of dicking around with this turd DOHC. The only DOHC worth spending lots of mod money on is a Coyote.
It's time to buy a modern technology Fusion Sport with AWD, 6 speed auto and bone stock 325 HP/380 FT-Lb TRQ.
The Marauder is and always will be wayyyy cooler, but I want to go fast with little to no modding.
Plus the Fusion will be a real sleeper.... a wolf in sheep's clothing vs. a sheep in wolf's clothing.

Joe Walsh
10-20-2016, 07:42 PM
Will be really interesting what the 2.7L EB twin turbo can do in the Fusion, current spec is 325hp which could be the legit output which would leave tons of room for tuning. Livernois is already doing tuning with the 2016 Edge 2.7L EB info: "our 93 performance tune leading the way in terms of performance. This tune is good for peak vs. peak gains of over 103hp and 97tq, with maximum gains of over 111hp and 117tq!"

Yes indeed!

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP631145

93 octane tune = 324 HP/ 374 TRQ to the road through the AWD system.
How does that convert to crank HP in an AWD system?

Bluerauder
10-21-2016, 05:23 AM
I fear that the Marauder is going bye bye once (if) I fix the broken engine.

Say it ain't so Joe !!

Joe Walsh
10-21-2016, 06:32 AM
Say it ain't so Joe !!

Charlie, I've been struggling with this decision for years.
I love the Marauder, but I want something that MOVES.....and handles..... and brakes well without having to pour money into the car.
I'll have to test drive the new Fusion Sport....but it looks really tempting!
Especially now that it has some serious HP/TRQ and has AWD instead of wrongWD.

I'm sure that I will be kicking myself years from now for selling the Marauder but I don't have the time, money and energy to make it run, handle and stop the way I want....:(

Bluerauder
10-21-2016, 06:39 AM

I love the Marauder, but I want something that MOVES.....and handles..... and brakes well without having to pour money into the car.

I'll have to test drive the new Fusion Sport........:(

I seriously considered the Fusion Sport a couple years ago (2012). Interior seemed small and cramped ... So I went up to the Taurus SHO. No regrets. Still kept the MM for fun driving. The SHO doesn't get nearly the attention as the Marauder ' cause most of the public doesn't have a clue.

stevengerard
10-21-2016, 07:19 AM
I had a 5-speed SHO back in the day when they came with the unbelievable Yamaha engine. If that car was correct wheel drive I'd still have it. I like the new SHO's but very expensive and although quick not that quick.

My wife has a 2014 Fusion ENERGI, over 2 years she has averaged over 90mpg, it is much roomier than it looks. Very comfortable and drives fantastic. If I was looking for a another family sedan the new Fusion Sport would most likely be top on my list.

Fortunately after an engine rebuild and tweaking all I have on my MM its like a brand new car all over again so I'm happy. I need to figure out what to do now so that I can use my phone and the kids can play their music. Tried a couple of blue tooth converters but those don't work well. Not really interested in changing out the stereo, kind of like the stock look of whats there and am not interested in watching anything but the road. May have to break down anyway and get a newer system and include the backup camera

Mr. Man
10-21-2016, 10:09 AM
I'll have to test drive the new Fusion Sport....but it looks really tempting!
Especially now that it has some serious HP/TRQ and has AWD instead of wrongWD.

I'm sure that I will be kicking myself years from now for selling the Marauder but I don't have the time, money and energy to make it run, handle and stop the way I want....:(
Honda Accord :P

rkk
10-21-2016, 11:55 AM
BOO...BOO...Booo

No rear wheel = not for me !

That about sums it up for me too! :twocents:

Kinda makes you want to think Dodge Charger R/T although the reliability factor I don't think is all too high like the Marauder.

Joe Walsh
10-21-2016, 01:53 PM
Honda Accord :P

Yes!

That is exactly what I will be walking/ humiliating with the Fusion Sport!

Mr. Man
10-21-2016, 03:44 PM
Yes!

That is exactly what I will be walking/ humiliating with the Fusion Sport!I drove a Fusion SE? a couple months ago. Pretty OK and I found it roomier than the Taurus.

svtrichie
10-21-2016, 09:32 PM
I was looking at these the other day to replace my wife's g37s sedan. But As much as I like the new fusion I can't do it. Reminds me of a rental car. And driving a rear drive sedan feels much better that the fusion sport

jwibbity
10-22-2016, 04:22 PM
I was looking at these the other day to replace my wife's g37s sedan. But As much as I like the new fusion I can't do it. Reminds me of a rental car. And driving a rear drive sedan feels much better that the fusion sport

Truth ^^^

No matter if you have the sport, titanium, platinum, or se they all look the same and they are a dime a dozen on the roads and it's plain.

Mr. Man
10-22-2016, 10:18 PM
Joe Walsh buy a Focus RS and be done with it.

Joe Walsh
10-23-2016, 07:44 AM
Joe Walsh buy a Focus RS and be done with it.

I've thought about it.... I checked out a bright blue Focus RS.
The dealer only wanted $47,000 for it.....:eek:

Really nice car...but it has just too much Retard Ricer Boy attitude.

Every 'tard in an Evo and STi would be revving their engines next to you at every traffic light.

Mr. Man
10-23-2016, 09:10 AM
How about a Golf R? Not as powerful but all the mags say it's a blast to drive. Probably a lot cheaper too.

stevengerard
10-23-2016, 09:40 AM
Slightly used CTS-V

1Marauder
10-24-2016, 07:01 PM
Slightly better, slightly used Audi V8 RS4

svtrichie
10-25-2016, 09:31 PM
Now a wagon and I am game

Joe Walsh
10-26-2016, 04:10 PM
Now a wagon and I am game

Now THAT is awesome looking!

Me wants a Fusion Sport wagon too!

Joe Walsh
03-04-2017, 06:47 PM
Just test drove a 2017 Ford Fusion Sport....really nice car and it moves!

They didn't have any without a sunroof (I need the headroom and never use a $1,000 hole-in-the-roof much anyway)...
so I just ordered a loaded Sport model in, what else.......Shadow Black!

even got the heated and cooled seats!

Mr. Man
03-05-2017, 10:34 AM
Drove a 3.5l eco F150 yesterday from Newburgh NY to my area, about 120mi+/-. Felt like I was in formation flying back to the Solomon's airbase with my squadron. Hope you enjoy your Robert Conrad edition. ;)

Got a whole 18mpg. Thought the eco was supposed to be over 20.:down:

1Marauder
03-05-2017, 12:53 PM
Read every post.

Does anyone else hit thier gosh darn head on the windshield post every fricking time they get into this car?

I wrote up driving and renting one of these previously. Rented another one the other day, and had same problem. I am only 5-7, long bodied, and I can't get in and out of this car,. What do you bigger dudes do?

BTW, I am a little special... But it is NOT just me. Picked up another guy at airport, he is 5-9, and when he opened door and got in... "Thunk!" He clunked the side of his head getting in the passenger door too.

Great looking car. Too compact, too fighter pilot cockpit like, too hard to enter/regress for everyday use.

Car feels "crowded" with both front seats in use. I imagine with 4 people, or with a car seat or two it would be really really really tight.

+5 on the F150 tricked out (and yes, I need the step sides to get in).

I've rented brand new F150s and loved every one of them!

Joe Walsh
03-05-2017, 01:17 PM
Read every post.

Does anyone else hit thier gosh darn head on the windshield post every fricking time they get into this car?

I wrote up driving and renting one of these previously. Rented another one the other day, and had same problem. I am only 5-7, long bodied, and I can't get in and out of this car,. What do you bigger dudes do?

BTW, I am a little special... But it is NOT just me. Picked up another guy at airport, he is 5-9, and when he opened door and got in... "Thunk!" He clunked the side of his head getting in the passenger door too.

Great looking car. Too compact, too fighter pilot cockpit like, too hard to enter/regress for everyday use.

Car feels "crowded" with both front seats in use. I imagine with 4 people, or with a car seat or two it would be really really really tight.

+5 on the F150 tricked out (and yes, I need the step sides to get in).

I've rented brand new F150s and loved every one of them!

At 6'3", I am usually the first person to bash his skull when getting into and out of vehicles....but I had no problems with the Fusion.
The 'A' pillars do sweep back at a low angle, but my only problem was headroom with a sunroof.
EVERY Fusion Sport within 250 miles had a sunroof when they did the dealer search.
That's why I ordered mine without a sunroof.

1Marauder
03-05-2017, 01:26 PM
Cooled seats are completely awesome.

Joe Walsh
03-05-2017, 01:49 PM
Cooled seats are completely awesome.

Yes....especially after a $5 Big Box lunch at Taco Bell!......:D

Bluerauder
03-05-2017, 02:31 PM
I considered a Fusion because I liked the styling. Felt smaller than I wanted during the test drive so I opted for the larger Taurus SHO. I can get 30 MPG in the Taurus 3.5L EcoBoost with cruise control and a level, flat highway.

The F-150 has the aerodynamics of a brick. 18-20 MPG probably ain't that bad for the 3.5 EcoBoost. I suspect that you were playing with the gas pedal quite a bit and it pushed you to 18 MPG.

Mr. Man
03-05-2017, 11:18 PM
Honestly Charlie I was just cruising, 70 -75 max. Was really disappointed by the MPG's. I can get 17 consistently(hwy) with my 5.6l which I always considered a pig on gas considering at 70 I'm not even turning much more than 1500 rpm's.

As to the hitting your head thing, I smash my head in the Marauder getting in and out. I'm 6'2" in the AM. PITA getting in and out of every car I've sat in recently. The MM is the roomiest once in the car by far. Do pretty well in full size trucks though. I did notice the flip down center seat in the F-150 did take away a lot of seat roominess. You guys would have cracked up watching me get in and out of the Lexus version of the Toyota Solara I did the other day. I literally had more room in a Fiat 500!

Bluerauder
03-06-2017, 05:33 AM
Honestly Charlie I was just cruising, 70 -75 max. Was really disappointed by the MPG's !

The F-150 EcoBoost RWD is listed at 18 MPG City, 25 MPG highway, and 21 MPG combined. The 4WD version is 1-2 MPG lower. Which version did you have ?? If it was the 4WD version, your right foot could easily account for the difference.

Mr. Man
03-06-2017, 10:35 AM
The F-150 EcoBoost RWD is listed at 18 MPG City, 25 MPG highway, and 21 MPG combined. The 4WD version is 1-2 MPG lower. Which version did you have ?? If it was the 4WD version, your right foot could easily account for the difference.It was a 4x4. I'm and old man I'm more into stylin' these days. It was very windy, but I can't believe that would lower the mileage by 5mpg. It was an '013 with about 30K. If I were looking I'd definitely go for the 5.0.:)

Bluerauder
03-06-2017, 10:57 AM
It was a 4x4. I'm and old man I'm more into stylin' these days. It was very windy, but I can't believe that would lower the mileage by 5mpg. It was an '013 with about 30K. If I were looking I'd definitely go for the 5.0.:)

Headwind or tailwind ?? LOL

Mr. Man
03-06-2017, 01:53 PM
Headwind or tailwind ?? LOL
Prolly both and from both sides as well. Felt like a kite driving back.

Joe Walsh
04-15-2017, 08:37 AM
VIN number generated....build date scheduled between May 5 -> May 11th.

:banana:

Joe Walsh
05-15-2017, 05:59 PM
Oh does 380 FT-Lbs feel sweet while running through all 6 gears!!!..........:banana:

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae326/JoeJWalsh/IMG_7645_zps9zkdzeib.jpg (http://s984.photobucket.com/user/JoeJWalsh/media/IMG_7645_zps9zkdzeib.jpg.html)

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae326/JoeJWalsh/IMG_7643_zpsotgofikq.jpg (http://s984.photobucket.com/user/JoeJWalsh/media/IMG_7643_zpsotgofikq.jpg.html)

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae326/JoeJWalsh/IMG_7647_zpserqxvvze.jpg (http://s984.photobucket.com/user/JoeJWalsh/media/IMG_7647_zpserqxvvze.jpg.html)

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae326/JoeJWalsh/IMG_7646_zpspzok6ake.jpg (http://s984.photobucket.com/user/JoeJWalsh/media/IMG_7646_zpspzok6ake.jpg.html)

stevengerard
05-15-2017, 06:47 PM
nice looking car. We are happy with our Fusion Energi - of course a completely different car than you have. Those look like pretty low profile tires, how's the car handle? Must be pretty good.

ctrlraven
05-15-2017, 07:47 PM
Very nice Joe! Which dealer did you go through to get the car?

Jolly Roger
05-15-2017, 08:29 PM
I'll be heading to the local Ford/Lincoln dealership soon to butt test the 2017 Lincoln MKZ w/ 3.0 ltr. 400 hp V6 w/auto trans and AWD.
So long suckers:P

71cyclone
05-16-2017, 04:49 AM
I'll be heading to the local Ford/Lincoln dealership soon to butt test the 2017 Lincoln MKZ w/ 3.0 ltr. 400 hp V6 w/auto trans and AWD.
So long suckers:P
Yes Sir . My neighbor's ordered 400 Hp Continental was delivered to his home by Lincoln [Black Label]:burnout: ,Tech package ETC. This auto is a real rocket ship

cer0413
05-16-2017, 05:11 AM
love that fusion

Joe Walsh
05-16-2017, 05:55 AM
Very nice Joe! Which dealer did you go through to get the car?

Bob Bell Ford in Glen Burnie.

MSRP was $40,485

A-Z plan got it down to $36,968

along with $4,150 worth of rebates = $32,818 final price.

Add Taxes, tags & title fees....Got it on the road for almost exactly $35,000.

Now I've got a new mantra that I will begin chanting whenever it is that I get used to the 325 HP/380 FT-LB TRQ:

"MUST NOT MOD....MUST NOT MOD!"

Mr. Man
05-16-2017, 10:38 AM
Paula and I went to look at an RS yesterday. Paula liked it a lot till we looked into the financing payments. Unless you can put like 50% down or have a rich relative the monthly payments are stupid crazy. Maybe we'll buy a used one in a couple years after the depreciation takes 1/2 the value out of the equation.

Marauderjack
05-16-2017, 02:11 PM
New car prices are NUTS!!:mad2:

My Marauder at $28,500 is the most I ever paid for a car and to look at $40K little cars just doesn't do it for me....sorry!!:shake:

If it weren't for lenders having low interest rates and 10 year financing....the prices would certainly erode!!;)

ctrlraven
05-17-2017, 07:51 AM
Bob Bell Ford in Glen Burnie.

MSRP was $40,485

A-Z plan got it down to $36,968

along with $4,150 worth of rebates = $32,818 final price.

Add Taxes, tags & title fees....Got it on the road for almost exactly $35,000.

Now I've got a new mantra that I will begin chanting whenever it is that I get used to the 325 HP/380 FT-LB TRQ:

"MUST NOT MOD....MUST NOT MOD!"
The one mod you need to do is a oil catch can setup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ynGWxzJHjA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6h_FOzFMcs

1Marauder
05-17-2017, 06:36 PM
Car looks awesome! How does it drive?

Remember that those wheels and tires do not have the rubber tire edge/wheel protector.

When I rent these cars (every week) I take pictures of the scratched wheels so they can't say I damaged them. Almost Every Fusion rental car with upgraded wheels has four scratched wheels. Seattle Avis guy said it happens at the carwash too!

1Marauder
05-17-2017, 06:36 PM
Oh does 380 FT-Lbs feel sweet while running through all 6 gears!!!..........:banana:

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae326/JoeJWalsh/IMG_7645_zps9zkdzeib.jpg (http://s984.photobucket.com/user/JoeJWalsh/media/IMG_7645_zps9zkdzeib.jpg.html)

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae326/JoeJWalsh/IMG_7643_zpsotgofikq.jpg (http://s984.photobucket.com/user/JoeJWalsh/media/IMG_7643_zpsotgofikq.jpg.html)

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae326/JoeJWalsh/IMG_7647_zpserqxvvze.jpg (http://s984.photobucket.com/user/JoeJWalsh/media/IMG_7647_zpserqxvvze.jpg.html)

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae326/JoeJWalsh/IMG_7646_zpspzok6ake.jpg (http://s984.photobucket.com/user/JoeJWalsh/media/IMG_7646_zpspzok6ake.jpg.html)

Wheels look AWESOME,

Joe Walsh
05-17-2017, 07:58 PM
nice looking car. Those look like pretty low profile tires, how's the car handle? Must be pretty good.

Car looks awesome! How does it drive?

Thanks!....I've only put 150 miles on it so far, but it handles great!

I drive it in 'SPORT' mode most of the time because it firms up the shocks, quickens the steering,
and the transmission will hold the gear longer before upshifting and also allow some engine braking when downshifting.

Rides really well, even in SPORT mode.

Most fun is kicking it down to pass someone from about 40 MPH....It PULLS!!!

I'm super careful near curbs because of the big rims....so far so good.

Joe Walsh
05-21-2017, 09:24 AM
Took 2 long road trips this week:
....one up to Binghamton NY for a funeral.
and a second down to Accomac, VA for business.

Just turned over 1,000 miles and I'm impressed with the MPG.

I got 26.5 on the NY trip up through the Pocono mountains.
I got 29.0 on the VA trip on mostly dead flat terrain.
This was according to the Fusion's trip computer.
I'll verify by actually calculating the MPG with my gas receipts.

This is on a 'tight' engine, brand new vehicle and includes some less than prudent downshifts and hard pulls through the gears!
(Annoying Camry 'S' and Honda V6 Sports kept dawdling in the left hand lanes...They did this ...:eek:...when the 'black rental car' left them for dead....:D)

Joe Walsh
09-27-2018, 08:40 PM
My brother just ordered an Edge ST....same engine but 'dual fuel' (DI & PI) rated at 335 HP/380 Ft-Lbs through an 8 speed transmission.
I'm asking for a 2.7L EcoBoost grudge match at Capital Raceway to settle the score!