PDA

View Full Version : DR is out ?

RubberCtyRauder
01-17-2016, 11:23 AM
www.reinhartperformance.com appears to be gone?!?!?

88grandmarq
01-17-2016, 11:33 AM
last I heard (several years ago) he was having health issues and he and his wife wanted to move further south in florida because it was "too cold in Jacksonville"

fastblackmerc
01-17-2016, 11:35 AM

And most of the members care because....................... :D: J/K.......

sailsmen
01-17-2016, 11:55 AM
Apparently the same with reinhartautomotive.com/

Joe Walsh
01-17-2016, 11:57 AM
"THIS WEBSITE HAS BEEN DISABLED"

:hmmm: ......Like most of his customer's cars.

cer0413
01-17-2016, 01:03 PM
I'm curious. What made you look this up? I hope you weren't planning on ordering anything lol.

RubberCtyRauder
01-17-2016, 01:22 PM
I'm curious. What made you look this up? I hope you weren't planning on ordering anything lol.

Not as chance of me calling DR. I use MO's for tech stuff and members views on parts etc. I saw it mentioned on CV.net so I shared

WhatsUpDOHC
01-17-2016, 01:24 PM
The end of an error.

akr619
01-17-2016, 02:12 PM
his business was at the end of it's ropes, one of their great mechanics (only one who was good actually, sadly) Frank was being ripped off by Dennis. When he quit, it was just Dennis and Lyle and then Dennis started having these ailments, sold the dyno then most likely cant afford the website and the lease.

Mr. Man
01-17-2016, 03:13 PM
The end of an error.
I see what you did there.:rofl:

martyo
01-17-2016, 04:57 PM
Hopefully, the Department of Consumer Affairs kicked his doors in.....

1Marauder
01-17-2016, 05:08 PM
The end of an error.

I read what you did there; nicely done!

merc
01-17-2016, 06:04 PM
Hopefully, the Department of Consumer Affairs kicked his doors in.....

He was done in by a higher authority.

martyo
01-17-2016, 06:27 PM
He was done in by a higher authority.

Probably the same fella that made the Kashrut laws.

MyBlackBeasts
01-17-2016, 08:12 PM
The end of an error.

Oh, too FUNNY! :rofl:

That, sir... was a genius post! :bows:

Thanks!

MyBlackBeasts
01-17-2016, 08:15 PM
Probably the same fella that made the Kashrut laws.

Are you pro or anti-Kashrut?

I've been meaning to ask you if MtDew was Kosher???

Bigdogjim
01-18-2016, 12:57 AM
The end of an error.

:lol: :lol:

martyo
01-18-2016, 04:23 AM
Are you pro or anti-Kashrut?

I've been meaning to ask you if MtDew was Kosher???

Mountain Dew is Kosher.

akr619
01-18-2016, 05:25 AM
Michael Stachowiak
a month ago
Not good. I was way too trusting. Went there for a front brake job, CV joint and motor mount. The owner, Dennis Reinhart gave me an oral estimate of "around $600." The motor mount was a little hard to find and could take a while or could cost a little more. They replaced the front rotors and pads. Not sure if they did anything else with the brakes. Replace the right CV joint. Dennis's son Mike and the other mechanic Lyle were nice enough to drop the car off at my house but asked for a check for $750 made out to Dennis's wife Sheila. Hmm. I asked about an itemized receipt and was told Dennis would get me one the next day. Well almost 2 weeks later and no itemized receipt. The job isn't completed and my brakes squeak in the morning. I'm sure my neighbors love that when I leave for work at 4am. Went to the shop several times, called and texted asking for an itemized receipt. Got in a argument with Lyle as he lied about Dennis's whereabouts and said he couldn't be reached. As soon as I left Lyle, my phone lit up with texts from Dennis saying I cussed out his mechanic. That didn't happen. I admit I was angry but Lyle lied to me and I knew it. So now Dennis texts me saying Lyle will have my $150 refund difference and that I shouldn't say a word to Lyle. No mention of when I should pick up the money. That day Dennis said he was sick and going to the hospital the next day. I decided to go to the shop and see if I could get my money and a receipt. Turns out Dennis makes a miraculous recovery as he's at the shop working. Gives me $160 and tells me to never set foot on his property again. I ask him where's my receipt. He tells me he'll get me one then tells me to leave. His little dog jumps up into my car when I open the door and Dennis threatens to kill me if I hurt the dog. So I still have no receipt, not sure if any work was done correctly, never got my motor mount, was threatened with bodily harm and don't have my motor mount that I paid for. I don't want the motor mount anymore as I would have to deal with Dennis. Bottom line is I should have read other reviews on other sites, shouldn't have trusted Dennis, shouldn't have written a check to his wife. (I guess he could be trying to hide income from the IRS.) Don't just walk away from this guy. RUN!!!

This is so very believable. I feel sorry for that dude.

RubberCtyRauder
01-18-2016, 06:36 AM
Don't feel sorry for a thief, he is a self made thief.

cer0413
01-18-2016, 07:57 AM
That's crazy!!! I remember calling him about a carbon fiber cai tube and so many members stepped up to warn me about doing any business with him. Then soon afterwards, I read member Jflav's story. His story tops them all in my opinion, unless others heard worse.

71cyclone
01-18-2016, 08:00 AM
Absolutely amazing ,what Time and the lack of cash flow and Hi-turn over of customers can do for a business :mad:

merc
01-18-2016, 09:42 AM
That's crazy!!! I remember calling him about a carbon fiber cai tube and so many members stepped up to warn me about doing any business with him. Then soon afterwards, I read member Jflav's story. His story tops them all in my opinion, unless others heard worse.

MarauderMark was his first major victim on the site.

Spectragod
01-18-2016, 09:52 AM

Source for the story??

martyo
01-18-2016, 11:42 AM
Source for the story??

Are you suggest folks did not fall victim?

O's Fan Rich
01-18-2016, 11:55 AM
Back in '06, I almost purchased a Vortech kit from Dennis.
He was not anxious to answer a few questions that I had about intercoolers.

It was then I had a conversation with Tallboy.... and I ordered the Trilogy the next day.

I don't have the car any more, but Chuck is my best friend... besides my wife, of course......

martyo
01-18-2016, 04:40 PM
I don't have the car any more, but Chuck is my best friend... besides my wife, of course......

I'm glad you and Tallboy got married.

Punctuation is your next best friend. :flamer:

Spectragod
01-18-2016, 05:32 PM
Are you suggest folks did not fall victim?

I'm suggesting I wanted to see the actual source, anyone can make accusations, you of all people should know that, being in the field of defense? Or prosecution?

We all knew about Jflave, and IIRC were told it was not to be discussed, so now it's OK? Because I think it should be..............:flamer:

Joe Walsh
01-18-2016, 05:46 PM
MarauderMark was his first major victim on the site.

You are incorrect.

According to Dennis:
Mark's multiple blown engines were caused by Mark.
He would let the gas tank get too low on fuel (below 1/2 full IIRC); the engine would run lean...... and then blow!
It had nothing to do with Dennis' work nor the tune.....:shake:[/COLOR][/B]

If you believe that BS from DR, I've got a piece of prime real estate for sale...down in the bayou.

BTW: I never posted (but should have) about the tune that I received from Dennis back in 2005.....it almost cost me a brand new 5.0L Big Bore engine!....:eek:

merc
01-18-2016, 06:16 PM
You are incorrect.

He would let the gas tank get too low on fuel (below 1/2 full IIRC); the engine would run lean...... and then blow!:

I have countless runs on the track at 5 gallons of fuel or less. It's been a long time since Mark has posted, but my conversations with Mark dealt with his many disappointments with DR. Anyway that you cut it, DR was bad news to many.

Joe Walsh
01-18-2016, 07:11 PM
I have countless runs on the track at 5 gallons of fuel or less. It's been a long time since Mark has posted, but my conversations with Mark dealt with his many disappointments with DR. Anyway that you cut it, DR was bad news to many.

I was being sarcastic in my previous post.
That was DR's BS excuse to Mark when both engine's blew.

MM03MOK
01-18-2016, 07:23 PM
For a good laugh...

http://reinhartautorepair.com/home/361019

Shaijack
01-18-2016, 07:23 PM
May he rest in pieces, he never messed with me. In 2009 or so I heard stories about him and never bought anything from him. I used Marty, the second best according to DR.

Ambitious1
01-19-2016, 07:19 AM
You are incorrect.

According to Dennis:
He would let the gas tank get too low on fuel (below 1/2 full IIRC); the engine would run lean...... and then blow!
It had nothing to do with Dennis' work nor the tune.....:shake:[/COLOR][/B]

If you believe that BS from DR, I've got a piece of prime real estate for sale...down in the bayou.

BTW: I never posted (but should have) about the tune that I received from Dennis back in 2005.....it almost cost me a brand new 5.0L Big Bore engine!....:eek:

Just curious, I never ordered anything with DR. What happened with the tune that almost cost a brand new engine?

CRUZTAKER
01-19-2016, 07:50 AM
The end of an error.

Nice........ :P

O's Fan Rich
01-19-2016, 08:12 AM
I'm glad you and Tallboy got married.

Punctuation is your next best friend. :flamer:

I could do worse....

Red Rum
01-19-2016, 08:58 AM
I want to thank you guys. For putting me on to Martyo AKA Marty. For he put my car to run great. I was dealing with Dennis. Being he touched my since it was new. But he was on some mysterious ish. And with Marty it was smooth sailing. So one can again thank you guys. And thank you Marty.

88LTDCV351
01-19-2016, 11:39 AM
After Dennis failed to send me a complete Vortech supercharger kit, I know of others after me that paid for a Vortech kit but never received anything from Dennis.

cer0413
01-19-2016, 12:42 PM
After Dennis failed to send me a complete Vortech supercharger kit, I know of others after me that paid for a Vortech kit but never received anything from Dennis.
Did these anonymous customers get it later than what was agreed or not at all?

fastblackmerc
01-19-2016, 01:01 PM
Did these anonymous customers get it later than what was agreed or not at all?

My guess is not at all.

Vortech347
01-19-2016, 02:06 PM
Its sad he let his business crash. I had really good dealings with him until I need him to make my tune emissions legal. Then it was crickets. I finally told him to just e-mail me a 100% stock file so I could change to 4.10's in my hand held which he did do....

If he really did do so much shady business I'm surprised no one kicked down his door.

WPG_Merc
01-19-2016, 02:24 PM
Its sad he let his business crash.

If he really did do so much shady business I'm surprised no one kicked down his door.

DR was more loyal to local customers then customers a 1,000 + Miles away.:shake:
It took me months to get the complete exhaust I ordered from him in 08.:shake:

Guittard22
01-19-2016, 02:41 PM
I talked to the guy a few times on email and on the phone seem like an OK guy but I would always take him super long time to get back to me.

martyo
01-19-2016, 02:48 PM
I want to thank you guys. For putting me on to Martyo AKA Marty. For he put my car to run great. I was dealing with Dennis. Being he touched my since it was new. But he was on some mysterious ish. And with Marty it was smooth sailing. So one can again thank you guys. And thank you Marty.

My pleasure Victor!

cer0413
01-19-2016, 02:51 PM
My pleasure Victor!
You so nasty lol.

martyo
01-19-2016, 02:59 PM
You so nasty lol.

You're killing me here.

cer0413
01-19-2016, 04:36 PM
You're killing me here.
Well don't die yet, I need you in 2-3 months. [emoji594] [emoji100]

martyo
01-19-2016, 04:45 PM

I'll keep that in mind.

MMBLUE
01-19-2016, 05:01 PM
We lost a couple great members here because of that DBAG.

The powers to be believed him over them.

JimP
01-19-2016, 07:51 PM

Ya me too, once spring is here and I get the car out.

Marauderjack
01-20-2016, 03:57 AM
From the "Contact Us" page!!:eek::shake:

Spend less time
in the shop with our
fast turnaround times

Honest service for
any make or model
car or truck

904-276-5003