PDA

View Full Version : I hate the post office

Comin' in Hot
03-02-2016, 01:22 PM
I bought parts twice this year from members on the board, both times the members shipped through the post office. For the second time my package has been lost and is not going to arrive on the day it was supposed to arrive. Making matters worse, I order two things on eBay since the new year started and they both came through the post office, one of them has been lost. In the end, I get the packages, but it's pretty sad the post office can't send something from New Jersey to Eastern Pennsylvania in under a week.

Comin' in Hot
03-02-2016, 01:24 PM
I should add that I'm not mad at the sellers, i'm just really frustrated.

MOTOWN
03-02-2016, 01:25 PM
I thought I was the only one! Last two items i shipped arrived at my mailbox! I wonder if the post office is a short bus dumping ground!

Zack
03-02-2016, 01:38 PM
Post office has never let me down

blkZooM
03-02-2016, 01:49 PM
What Zack said, sorry about your luck with them D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fastblackmerc
03-02-2016, 02:07 PM

What Zack said, sorry about your luck with them D.

Same here...........

In fact two things I ordered from eBay showed up a day earlier than the tracking number showed.

Turbov6Bryan
03-02-2016, 02:11 PM
Is your address correct on Paypal/ other form of payment process?

Normally I ask buyers to confirm their address, this way we both know it's going where they need it

It's sad. I've shipped what PayPal shows and it ends up they've moved, or it's their parents house 50 miles away.... Then act like its my fault

Get with your local post office and ask what's the deal with priority mail not getting there on time

kirk
03-02-2016, 02:13 PM

Only let me down once over 40 years of use. I use them just about every day.

Sorry about your luck.

babbage
03-02-2016, 02:24 PM
I think UPS is more reliable but costs more.

USPS tracking is a joke, I'd get tracking updates AFTER the item was delivered.

crownvic05
03-02-2016, 02:35 PM
Sorry to hear about your package i shipped it out for 2 day shipping. You should had received it today. What does the tracking say? Pm me the tracking number that i pmed you.

Post office is always lossing my packages. They end up delivering it to different address but i always manage to get it 2-3 days later.

1Marauder
03-02-2016, 03:56 PM
Is your address correct on Paypal/ other form of payment process?

Normally I ask buyers to confirm their address, this way we both know it's going where they need it

It's sad. I've shipped what PayPal shows and it ends up they've moved, or it's their parents house 50 miles away.... Then act like its my fault

Get with your local post office and ask what's the deal with priority mail not getting there on time

THIS!

Plus you can check/verify the USPS has your address listed correctly in thier system! Had an office once where our address was mis-input into thier system... We got 50% correct service. Once we got it corrected in thier system, no more problems. Really important now, I as we are in the "data age". At the machine at the USPS office, when I input my sons zip code and the first street letter, his address pops up, and then asks/prompts me to verify his APT number! It is pretty slick, unless you have a concern of big government (who doesn't?).

Your home/office might not list correctly... A simple fix.

Granddaddy Marq
03-02-2016, 04:12 PM

While we're on the subject, Did my letter to you ever arrive? Or has the Post Office let me down too?

FordNut
03-02-2016, 04:32 PM
I believe it's a local carrier issue. I never have problems, but my step-daughter in NC never gets packages on time.

crownvic05
03-02-2016, 04:37 PM
I believe it's a local carrier issue. I never have problems, but my step-daughter in NC never gets packages on time.

You are correct. Its the dumb local carriers that always ****** up by me. When ever im going to recieve something on tuesday, it always ends up being delivered some where esle. As per all other days, eveything gets to me. I found out that tuesdays my local carrier is off so who ever takes his route that day is an idiot.

marauder mama
03-02-2016, 04:56 PM
I've always sent everything by the USPS since UPS got so expensive. I've never had a single problem, not one. Everything arrives on time and not broken, maybe I've been lucky. But just in case, I always insure everything and get a tracking number.

tbone
03-02-2016, 06:00 PM
My mom likes to send bday cards etc with money in them. They have disappeared from time to time at this address. I have had many different post "persons" deliver here. I finally got her to stop sending cash. It's so easy for them to spot letters with possible (probable) money in them.

When FedEx or UPS promises a delivery date, I take it as gospel. When the USPS promises a delivery date, I always add a day or 6. Occasionally they get it right.

Comin' in Hot
03-02-2016, 06:40 PM
I checked my PayPal address and the address I sent to the seller, they are both correct.
Here's what I got from the post office. It's not even sent to the right city.
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/Witman40/311033F1-9F74-4F0E-8568-C10425CAB2C5.png_zpsbpbrvj8y.j peg (http://s22.photobucket.com/user/Witman40/media/311033F1-9F74-4F0E-8568-C10425CAB2C5.png_zpsbpbrvj8y.j peg.html)

Comin' in Hot
03-02-2016, 06:47 PM
Here is another
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/Witman40/6E232DA1-D514-47F4-9B24-596AFD6E6728_zps3vp2axyb.png (http://s22.photobucket.com/user/Witman40/media/6E232DA1-D514-47F4-9B24-596AFD6E6728_zps3vp2axyb.png.h tml)

Mr. Man
03-02-2016, 07:15 PM
Since you have had two that have had the same cause "Undeliverable address" I would meander down to the post office and see WTF the issue is. They seem to be able to figure it out eventually.

crownvic05
03-02-2016, 07:23 PM
Did you call them? What did they tell you?

Comin' in Hot
03-02-2016, 07:37 PM
The first time I got the excuse they were changing routes and it went out on the wrong truck.

This time I got something was wrong in the address and were not really sure where it is right now but you should get it within 1 to 3 days..... Anyway a look at it it's ******** and it's not the seller's fault.

Marauderjack
03-03-2016, 03:42 AM
I sent a camera to Charlotte, NC from here.......200 miles and it ended up in Miami...........stayed there 3-4 days and was delivered to the Charlotte address in good shape 2 days later??:argue:

P.O. is cutting staff and closing sorting centers......recipe for more disasters IMHO!!:shake:

Bradley G
03-03-2016, 04:12 AM
I have had way better luck with USPS THAN oops!
Including the injectors I bought from you.[emoji13]

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

crownvic05
03-03-2016, 06:53 AM
Just checked the tracking info. Its on its way to you and should be delivered today.
Hope you get it and please do let me know.

Invader
03-03-2016, 05:14 PM
I only ship FedEx because of stuff like this. My mother shipped a doll to my oldest daughter USPS for her first birthday. The package was ripped and the mail carrier was using it to cover her head while it was raining to run to my door. WTF is all I could say...

crownvic05
03-03-2016, 05:58 PM
I only ship FedEx because of stuff like this. My mother shipped a doll to my oldest daughter USPS for her first birthday. The package was ripped and the mail carrier was using it to cover her head while it was raining to run to my door. WTF is all I could say...

It is horrible but at the same time its funny man. Its just incredible what these people do.

Invader
03-03-2016, 06:05 PM
It is horrible but at the same time its funny man. Its just incredible what these people do.

Yeah, it is pretty funny... The mail lady we have now has known my kids for years. She's an older black woman, and she calls my kids her little crackers... [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] She brings them candy all the time and every Christmas she brings them a big bag of gifts... She is such an awesome lady!

Albee
03-06-2016, 09:02 PM
USPS has always done well by me.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

LIGHTNIN1
03-07-2016, 09:18 AM
I work for them and can understand some of the frustrations. You have to understand this is a government agency and most of the stuff the government does is not done as well as private industry. Years ago they decided they would save money and close mail sorting facilities. So far they have closed over half of them. They may close more. They got rid of a lot of people. Hopefully at some point this will reverse. In the meantime the public suffers.

88LTDCV351
03-07-2016, 10:05 AM
I've also experienced issues with the post office. Had one package sent to me but I moved. It took them 6 months to send the reforwarded item to me.

I bought a board game from ebay and it was lost in the mail. Got my money back and ordered another one. Got that one. But then 3 months later the original arrived. lol

My only complaint about the post offices here in California is that I can't understand the English half the time from the person behind the counter due to their accents. And also, they always have a long line. But then I find out that everyone is in line for passports so then I get to skip forward and then its a short line.

Motorhead350
03-08-2016, 01:59 PM
Send you stuff though Fedex and pick them up yourself at their warehouse.

It's the only way I ever get "items" taken care of.