PDA

View Full Version : Wife Got Rearended

FordNut
03-04-2016, 05:25 PM
It may be totaled... The other car, that is.

Fortunately she was in the old one.

The rear bumper cover needs fixed, right side exhaust tip is pushed forward and upward, and the floor of the trunk is dented. SS Inserts got bent, ProGard mounting tabs broke so I'll have to fix that too. Not sure yet about the bumper support and impact absorbing shocks.

The other car nosedived under the Marauder.

The Marauder was driven home under its own power.

Mebot
03-04-2016, 05:36 PM
So that's what the Roush spoiler looks like

Can't stop the signal...

champ1173
03-04-2016, 05:56 PM

Can't stop the signal...

I was thinking the same thing!

camelgrundle
03-04-2016, 06:04 PM
That's a bummer man. Might want to change the title of the thread too lol.

slickster
03-04-2016, 06:51 PM

Yea my wife one time ohh the car! Well good thing it was just a tap!! My wife gets tapped all the time ohh I mean ohh ya

justbob
03-04-2016, 07:36 PM
Sorry to hear Bud.

Sent from my iThrone using Tapatalk

camelgrundle
03-04-2016, 08:51 PM
Yea my wife one time ohh the car! Well good thing it was just a tap!! My wife gets tapped all the time ohh I mean ohh ya

Haha only on my birthday! But seriously sorry about that ass.

Gerry24
03-04-2016, 08:52 PM
The ol'lady was unharmed and the MM did her job...

TAKEDOWN
03-04-2016, 10:24 PM
Im glad she's ok and the car is fixable... Too bad about the spoiler looks like you're gonna have to give it to me!

1Marauder
03-05-2016, 12:56 AM

Only a few messages in and ROFLMFAO... As I was thinking "right on Brother!" When I read the title... Hahahahahaha

Sorry to hear of the accident. But look how fricken awesome the Marauder/Panther survived vs. the offender/rear ender. No doubt which car is more sturdy! One of the only true 5star crash rating from rear cars made, ever... And one of the reasons Why the CHP used them!

FordNut
03-05-2016, 07:22 AM
Checked it out a little closer today. The bumper shock did its job, collapsed and came back out. The reinforcement bar doesn't look bent. Frame looks ok. The exhaust tip doesn't look damaged, just the tailpipe. The tailpipe is barely touching the edge of the tire, and I guess the exhaust heat could potentially melt the bumper cover with the tip tucked underneath so I'm going to try and get it pulled down a bit before driving it any more. Looks like the trunk floor wouldn't be too hard to straighten.

My guess is $2000-$2500 for a body shop to fix it. Hopefully the perp has good insurance. If not, I'll have to file on my own collision policy and let the insurance companies fight it out.

Turbov6Bryan
03-05-2016, 09:17 AM
That sucks it took a hit, glad wifey is ok!

I bet it's closer to 4 grand if you request as good condition before the wreck.

Don't forget to sue for loss of value, now your car is worth less money because that limited edition car has a strike on its vin because of the other parties negligence

Let us know what all transpires

FordNut
03-05-2016, 10:54 AM
Got the tailpipe down below the bumper cover. It's still pushed forward several inches. A little rip in the bumper right at the letters.

FordNut
03-05-2016, 10:56 AM

Can't stop the signal...

Here's another angle

PRCARGUY
03-05-2016, 05:57 PM
Sorry about the mishap, but when I showed my girlfriend the pictures, she is convinced that she will be safer in the Merc than her car. :banana:

Bad_S55
03-05-2016, 06:45 PM
Your wife and the Roush spoiler are safe, that's what matters!!! What's the story on the person that hit her?

FordNut
03-05-2016, 07:34 PM
Your wife and the Roush spoiler are safe, that's what matters!!! What's the story on the person that hit her?

She wasn't hurt, just scared. Young girl, just moved to town for college. Interstate rush hour, everybody rushing home. Brake lights come on up ahead, everybody stops. Wife stops but the girl in the car behind her didn't react fast enough.

Wife was scared to get out of her car, she could see the other car in the rear view mirror and imagined hers would be just as bad. Surprise!

crownvic97
03-15-2016, 06:35 PM
Sorry about your Marauder, luckily doesn't look too bad! I recently got rear ended in my Grand Marquis with very similar damage and the shop got paid $4800 to fix it. Mind you, a GM bumper is not nearly as expensive as a Marauder one.