PDA

View Full Version : Rousch joins Elio as lead engineer supplier

Bradley G
03-10-2016, 01:11 AM
I got an email yesterday from Elio.
Rousch has joined up with Elio as their suppliers continue to build.
This will surely help with brand identity , achieving the much needed support for this feat.

lji372
03-10-2016, 05:44 AM
0fg

It will never be made imho

RubberCtyRauder
03-10-2016, 09:29 AM
stage 1, stage 2, stage 3 ? maybe some boost?

Bradley G
03-10-2016, 10:13 AM
0fg

It will never be made imho
Evidently , The folks at Rousch do not share your opinion.
That is more than an opinion![emoji8]

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

lji372
03-10-2016, 12:42 PM
Evidently , The folks at Rousch do not share your opinion.
That is more than an opinion![emoji8]

Set to be out next year every year. Sounds promising......

rauder88
03-10-2016, 02:05 PM
Set to be out next year every year. Sounds promising......

They project to begin production the first half of this year (2016) with an original production start date of July 2014. That's not too bad only 2 years behind schedule.

lji372
03-10-2016, 03:38 PM
I hope I'm wrong.

I want one ��

chief455
03-10-2016, 04:09 PM
Don't they make pizza?

Bradley G
03-10-2016, 05:02 PM
I hope I'm wrong.

I want one ��
I hope you are wrong as well.
Think about people desperate for
Inexpensive, safe transportation.
26 production vehicles have been funded to produce , so they have made
Huge progress.
For someone who claims to wanting to have one, you have a different way of showing it.

lji372
03-10-2016, 05:10 PM
I hope you are wrong as well.
Think about people desperate for
Inexpensive, safe transportation.
26 production vehicles have been funded to produce , so they have made
Huge progress.
For someone who claims to wanting to have one, you have a different way of showing it.

After every year they say next year, they have a different way of being honest. :bandit:

I do have cash in hand for one, just sick of seeing all the advertising for years with nothing but a few prototypes cobbled together. Just seems like a whole lot of false advertising.

Bradley G
03-10-2016, 05:22 PM
After every year they say next year, they have a different way of being honest. :bandit:

I do have cash in hand for one, just sick of seeing all the advertising for years with nothing but a few prototypes cobbled together. Just seems like a whole lot of false advertising.
If I had cash in hand for one, I would have chubbied up a G-note , non refundable to get a build number.
Even if I do end up with one, I would prolly just sell it to someone who could use it more.
I realize I came on board late and there 40,000 people with a deposit on an Elio , ahead of me.
Many obstacles still need to be overcome.

I missed the first year production of the Marauder too.
Things must happen for a reason...

bigcowl-imp
03-16-2016, 01:02 PM
lol...i just want to know who the heck is Rousch or i mean Roush...???

Marauderjack
03-16-2016, 02:33 PM
lol...i just want to know who the heck is Rousch or i mean Roush...???

Frank Rousch....he's a contractor from Baltimore!!:eek::shake:

ctrlraven
03-16-2016, 04:56 PM
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/elio-motors-adds-world-renowned-roush-as-lead-engineering-partner-on-blue-chip-auto-supplier-team-300233437.html

PHOENIX, March 9, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Elio Motors, Inc. (OTCQX: ELIO), the startup vehicle manufacturer planning to launch a three-wheeled vehicle that will get up to 84 MPG with a targeted base price of $6,800, today announced it selected global leader Roush as its lead engineering partner.

"Roush is an iconic name in the auto industry with a proven track record of success," said Paul Elio, founder and CEO of Elio Motors. "We've already assembled a great team of suppliers, but adding Roush's leadership and expertise is a home run for us. Suppliers of their caliber can pick and choose with whom they work. It is rare for a startup like us to attract a world-class supplier network like we have. Roush is a great addition to that team."

Detroit is still the global capital of the auto industry and Roush sits at its epicenter. The company has a vast array of talent and expertise that will help provide a quieter, smoother vehicle with refined driving characteristics, with the ultimate goal of ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction in commercial production.

"We chose Roush to be a key supplier partner because of the breadth and depth of their automotive development expertise," Elio said. "Roush has a proven history and will streamline our process by providing engineering, testing, prototyping and assembly support under one roof. Technology companies across the globe have recognized that Detroit remains the center of automotive innovation, and in that arena Roush's engineering and integration capabilities are unparalleled. "

In addition to bringing Roush on board, Elio Motors has been aggressive in pushing toward production of its Elio vehicle in other areas:

In November 2015, the company introduced the P5, its fifth generation prototype, featuring a 0.9 liter, 3-cylinder engine built by IAV specifically for Elio Motors.
On Jan. 12, Elio Motors announced it will begin building its E-Series of prototype vehicles for testing and engineering purposes.
On Jan. 20, the company launched its first national advertising campaign to help create additional awareness and generate more vehicle reservations.
On Feb. 12, Elio Motors reached 50,000 reservations for a place in line to buy the vehicle.
On Feb. 19, Elio Motors became the first organization to raise capital using Regulation A+ and then have its shares (OTCQX:ELIO) publicly traded on the OTCQX Best Market.

justbob
03-16-2016, 05:18 PM
Roush teaming up just upped the price by 25%..

Sent from my iThrone using Tapatalk

Bradley G
03-17-2016, 01:18 AM
Compared to what Roush cost Mercury, that's a bargain!

tobiasg1995
03-17-2016, 03:48 AM
Just do the hayabusa motor swap and you'll be golden 😃
https://youtu.be/AgwzHJo3IXM

2006 GMQ gs

Catfish
03-17-2016, 04:45 AM
Until I read post #14 I thought you were talking about a Roush Supercharger for our MMs. :(