PDA

View Full Version : Relocating Air Bag Compressor

Jeronimojc
03-11-2016, 01:05 PM
Looking for ideas on where to relocate the air compressor to. I've seen some posts about relocating to the trunk, but I prefer to keep it out front if possible. I want to use that space for s/c piping.

Pics would be awesome if you have any.

Thanks!

Zack
03-11-2016, 01:46 PM
Why do you prefer to keep it up front? It needs to go in the trunk

MOTOWN
03-11-2016, 02:06 PM
I was going to relocate mines to the trunk , but never did , why do you want to route your sc piping that far out?

Jeronimojc
03-11-2016, 02:17 PM
I suppose I can find a nice place for it in the trunk. It just wasn't my preference.

As far as SC piping location. It is just easier to route it there and gives me a straight shot to the intake.

Logizyme
03-11-2016, 03:13 PM
Glad to see your back to work on the Marauder, Jeronimojc.

Everything not Ford seems to put them in the trunk, and if you are going through the trouble of fabricating brackets, extending harness', and modifying air lines, the difference to put it in the trunk vs engine bay is not much more work.

Getting past that, perhaps it would tuck in well in front of the blower motor, unless you are using the 92-97 coolant bottle.

justbob
03-11-2016, 04:40 PM
I mounted mine upside down under the core support for the same reason as you.

Basically it's now right before the box it sat in and upside down. I just welded three bolts there and even the wiring reached.

That left just barely enough room for an optima battery and tray plus my piping between the battery and wheel well.

Sent from my iThrone using Tapatalk

O's Fan Rich
03-11-2016, 05:20 PM
Trunk move was easy.

Jeronimojc
03-13-2016, 11:20 AM
Thanks guys! I'll let you know what I decide to do.

Glad to see your back to work on the Marauder, Jeronimojc.
Thanks man. Things got busy and I lost momentum. I am glad to be able to get back to it. I am very close.