PDA

View Full Version : Warm Heat

crouse
03-22-2016, 05:27 AM
I noticed on the drive to work this morning, with the temp set at 90, there was just warm air coming out of the lower vents. I let it idle for about 5 minutes in my garage this morning and I have a 15 minute drive to work. The temp gauge showed normal. Normally, with the temp set at 90 and the fan about medium, it cooks me out of the car. I opened the hood and the coolant reservoir was at the normal level and the top hose felt warm. Any thoughts? Thanks, Curt

fastblackmerc
03-22-2016, 06:05 AM
I noticed on the drive to work this morning, with the temp set at 90, there was just warm air coming out of the lower vents. I let it idle for about 5 minutes in my garage this morning and I have a 15 minute drive to work. The temp gauge showed normal. Normally, with the temp set at 90 and the fan about medium, it cooks me out of the car. I opened the hood and the coolant reservoir was at the normal level and the top hose felt warm. Any thoughts? Thanks, Curt

Blend Door Actuator.

Run the EATC self-test to check for any codes.

crouse
03-22-2016, 06:38 AM
Can you tell me how to run this test?

fastblackmerc
03-22-2016, 07:35 AM
Can you tell me how to run this test?

I knew you'd ask..............

http://mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=99619

crouse
03-22-2016, 07:57 AM
Thank you, Curt

fastblackmerc
03-22-2016, 08:31 AM
Thank you, Curt

Post any DTC's you get.

FYI... sometimes running the self test clears up a problem(s).

Blackened300a
03-22-2016, 09:27 AM
You may also have air in your cooling system, open the plug on the crossover tube when the engine is cold and check if you can see coolant, if not then fill up the crossover tube with the front end slightly elevated and try your heat then. I already experienced this with another marauder, his heat was luke warm because his crossover tube had just enough coolant flow to keep the engine from overheating, but not enough for good heat in the cabin.

Otherwise 024, 025 are the blend door codes.