PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever walk up to the wrong car?

JustRight
03-24-2016, 09:46 AM
I thought it was funny many years ago when my wife walked up to an exact replica of her Honda in a parking lot. I knew it wasn't ours because I remembered where I had parked it. So, for amusement, I walked along with her. She walked up to the car and grabbed the passenger side door handle---it's unlocked! She got in and sat there waiting for me to get in. I'm snickering like crazy because it took her 2-3 minutes to figure out it wasn't hers.

Well, yesterday it was my turn. We went to get two more tires for the Marauder and to Wally World. I parked one isle over from my usual place. As we walk out to the car, our Marauder is blocked by a large truck, but another one isn't. As we get closer, I notice something stuck to the inside of the windshield and tell my wife, "I don't remember sticking anything up on the windshield." Then I comment on how someone must have hit us because there was a piece of side trim missing. I said, "It looks like they didn't leave a note but put a piece of tape on the front door peice of trim." I had to get right on it to realize it wasn't ours. :o

Anyone else ever done that?

sailsmen
03-24-2016, 10:30 AM
At nite I was parked in another car in a grocery parking lot. I unlocked the door expecting the person I was waiting for any moment.

This elderly Lady loads all her groceries my car. I ask her where she needed a ride to and she jumps back.

Her car was parked in the next aisle over. She was very embarrassed.

Curless
03-24-2016, 10:40 AM
Come to Louisville or Marauderville... it happens at every stop!

Mr. Man
03-24-2016, 12:10 PM
There is one other MM that lives in our town and it is also a SB. When we first got the car back in '03 we parked to go vote in our local town hall. When we came out we walked up to a SB MM and the remote wouldn't open the locks. Took a few seconds to realize the interior was dark not Lt. Flint. We waited a few minutes to see who the owner was but they didn't come out in a timely way. We learned subsequently the car belonged to the, at the time, mayors wife. I see it around during the Summer and Ms. D has had occasion to talk to the woman who owns it.

Ms. Denmark
03-24-2016, 01:25 PM
I had another experience of attempting to get into someone else's vehicle by mistake. Back when I drove the Aviator I parked at the grocery store one evening and somebody else with the exact same Aviator parked next to mine while I was inside. Now mind you, this is a very small town and I had never seen another Aviator in my color. I ran back out to the truck after a quick trip to pick up ice-cream and was completely dumbfounded when the car door wouldn't open although I could hear the click. Plus the interior light didn't go on. It wasn't until I eventually walked around to try the passenger door that I noticed my own Aviator sitting there, interior light on and all. Felt extremely foolish....and hate melty ice-cream:o

camelgrundle
03-24-2016, 01:39 PM
When I was in college I had a 98 green Taurus with a beige interior. Walked out to the lot and brushed off a foot of snow unlocked the door with the key and the key would not work in the ignition. I looked around and said I don't have a grey interior haha. Exited the car slowly and then cleaned my car off!

guspech750
03-24-2016, 02:26 PM
No.

Not yet......

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

jerrym3
03-24-2016, 03:55 PM
Has never happened yet with my white 2010 Explorer.

But, I'm pretty sure that it's never going to happen with my LS, 03 TBird, or 64 Galaxie.

Granddaddy Marq
03-24-2016, 05:19 PM
I saw CWright get in Sherman's car one time. And I saw the Bunny Lady get in mine. It really is funny when it happens.

daddyusmaximus
03-24-2016, 09:08 PM
Come to Louisville or Marauderville... it happens at every stop!

American flag plate on the front, handicap plate in the back, Mo's Marauder fender badges...

Bluerauder
03-25-2016, 04:29 AM
Nope. Never !!

L.Mark
03-25-2016, 05:32 AM
Never, always had unique cars!!!:D:D:D:burnout:

Black Terror
03-25-2016, 06:14 AM
When I was in the military, I had a 1956 Ford Crown Victoria and my roomate had an identical vehicle except he had out of state plates. I got into his vehicle and my key worked, it wasn't until I started the car and radio came on to a station that I didn't listen to that I realized I was in wrong vehicle. We both went to Ford dealer and found out that some vehicles sold in different parts of country(his was from OK, mine from TX) had same key codes. We agreed to park in different parking lots outside our barracks long as we were on same post. Later that year I was transferred and problem never came up again.

ledzilla
03-31-2016, 08:55 AM
I haven't, or at least if I have, I've repressed the memory.

But there was one time I was at a train station waiting for my friend's train to arrive and someone walked up and tried to get in as though I were a taxi.

chief455
03-31-2016, 07:05 PM
Nope. Never !!

Never, always had unique cars!!!:D:D:D:burnout:
^this x1000 cars

MGDriver
04-03-2016, 12:07 AM
Strikes me how that could happen even if you drive an average Joe car, they all have plates for a reason.

JustRight
04-03-2016, 05:25 PM
It's easy when you get into your "wonder years." I sometimes wonder what I'm doing or where I've been. :banana:

daddyusmaximus
04-03-2016, 08:48 PM
It can get confusing when there are two black cars side by side and they both have silver wheels.

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc306/daddyusmaximus/cars/12801675_1697608037154349_8559 185578276615209_n_zps9c4hacq1. jpg (http://s219.photobucket.com/user/daddyusmaximus/media/cars/12801675_1697608037154349_8559 185578276615209_n_zps9c4hacq1. jpg.html)

Bradley G
04-06-2016, 02:53 PM
I did that !
It was a 1983 Dodge Shelby Charger 2.2.
I had my key in his door and looked inside and realized it wasn't my car!
Just as the owner came up on me , asking me what the double hockey sticks was I doing ?
I totally freaked and started stammering, that I thought it was mine.
I was frantically looking for where I had parked?
As soon as I saw it in the next Isle , a couple spaces down, I had to reassure him that it was a total honest mistake .
" See there's mine!" Lol

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk