PDA

View Full Version : Can I get your opinion on pricing for a crown vic

AF_ONE
05-14-2016, 09:49 AM
Im trying to gauge a fair price for my 2002 Crown Vic LX Sport. I know this is the Merc forum, but many of you guys are in the know for crown vic too.
Heres the deal, original owner, 100% stock, 21,600 original miles, like new, not a flaw. I know what book value is, but these aren't too common, and this may be one of the best ones left. Its red with tan leather.
Whats your opinion on cash value

crownvic97
05-14-2016, 10:18 AM
Im trying to gauge a fair price for my 2002 Crown Vic LX Sport. I know this is the Merc forum, but many of you guys are in the know for crown vic too.
Heres the deal, original owner, 100% stock, 21,600 original miles, like new, not a flaw. I know what book value is, but these aren't too common, and this may be one of the best ones left. Its red with tan leather.
Whats your opinion on cash value I'd say you could probably ask $8k and hope to get close to that. It's going to take finding a certain kind of buyer though. Realistically, it's probably worth $4-6k

1Marauder
05-14-2016, 10:34 AM
I have shopped these weekly for the last 5 years. If it were an 03-06, it would be worth $8M or $9M to the right buyer who wanted THAT car.

As it is pre '03 (note, not being snarky--I like the 02), it is $4M to $$6M.

After reading this I should have just written +1 to CV97 above.

My guess is you will find a fantastic elderly person --65+, who will understand its value and pay you $6,500 cash, since they'll understand what a great ride it is... And who knows that "cars ain't made that way anymore." I'd place the adds in retirement type mags, and or put a for sale sign in and park it near an upscale retirement home for a weekend or two... Trolling :)

1Marauder
05-14-2016, 10:39 AM
PS... Come to think of it, MY DAD is looking for a car right now. How can I see photos? Do you have service records etc? What does it need currently?

ShadyLurker
05-14-2016, 11:30 AM
I'd pay 6-7 grand for that car.