PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to concerts this year

Motorhead350
05-17-2016, 01:21 PM
Tonight I'm going to see Kid Congo Powers of The Cramps and The Gun Club tonight... the closest I'll ever get to seeing them. I have more on my list this year...

1. The Misfits w/ Danzig

2. The Anti-Nowhere League

3. The Murder Junkies... last tour.

4. Flag

5. Dead Kennedys... working, yes working the show.

Who are you seeing this year?

johnnyrauder
05-17-2016, 01:58 PM
black sabbath aug. 17th jones beach.

MERCMAN
05-17-2016, 03:45 PM
Bruce Hornsby next week

Steeley Dan in July

a_d_a_m
05-17-2016, 03:50 PM
Dead Kennedys Anything without Jello ain't DKs. Just like Misfits without Glenn all those years.

I've been going to a bunch of local stuff this year, more than normal. I don't have much big planned as far as concerts other than maybe trying to catch the most authentic lineup of GNR I can (guilty pleasure from when I was a kid).

Catfish
05-17-2016, 04:43 PM
Guns n' Roses in July. Just seen Tommy Emmanuel. Incredible performance. One of the greatest guitarists i've ever seen.

daddyusmaximus
05-17-2016, 05:54 PM
Going to a "concert" with my daughter next week. Some idiots who are famous on youtube are having a "not on fire" tour. Yes, my lovely girl is in the teenage geek club...

Seen lots of concerts over the years, The Eagles being my favorite. So glad I got to see them before Glenn passed. I just missed SRV...

Mebot
05-17-2016, 05:59 PM
We saw Paul McCartney a couple weeks ago on his 1 on 1 tour. Typically higher than normal price I'd pay for a ticket but it's 1/4 Beatle so...

This Friday is Billy Joel at Safeco Field.

Weird Al in July

Flogging Molly in August

Blink 182 in September

Can't stop the signal...

chief455
05-17-2016, 06:34 PM
I just missed SRV...

you missed the Man.
only ticket I bought recently is for Joe Bonamassa in the fall.
Just saw the all star Hendrix Tribute.
Oh, and joining my big sister to see up Carrie Underwoods skirt in the fall as well. :eek:

daddyusmaximus
05-17-2016, 09:20 PM
you missed the Man.
Oh, and joining my big sister to see up Carrie Underwoods skirt in the fall as well. :eek:

Babe.

Babe to the 8th power.

Babeusmaximus.

johnnyrauder
05-18-2016, 09:28 AM
you missed the Man.

the all star Hendrix Tribute? do tell im a jimi freek!

Hadamustang1
05-18-2016, 10:03 AM

Randy Hansen = the best Hendrix tribute,, youtube it

svtguy
05-18-2016, 10:31 AM
Going to see Guns again in July. Saw them back in the day at Alpine Valley.

Will never forget the near riot that night. Thanks to GNR not taking the stage until at least one hour late. And pissed off fans waiting in the lawn while it rained.

Next thing you know, people start hurling huge chunks of mud and sod into the pavilion seating area (where I was). Then people just started coming into the pavilion from the lawn to get out of the rain and taking seats wherever they wanted.

It was pretty bad. Not sure why I'm going to see them again. I'm expecting the same hoping for the best.

fordnut02
05-18-2016, 12:12 PM
Pat Benetar in June

Hollywood Vampiers in July

lifespeed
05-18-2016, 12:52 PM
Anything without Jello ain't DKs. Just like Misfits without Glenn all those years.

I almost went to see DKs when they came to San Francisco this year, but came to the same conclusion and skipped it.

Saw (what's left) of Lynyrd Skynyrd last summer.

Catfish
05-18-2016, 01:01 PM
Going to see Guns again in July. Saw them back in the day at Alpine Valley.

Will never forget the near riot that night. Thanks to GNR not taking the stage until at least one hour late. And pissed off fans waiting in the lawn while it rained.

Next thing you know, people start hurling huge chunks of mud and sod into the pavilion seating area (where I was). Then people just started coming into the pavilion from the lawn to get out of the rain and taking seats wherever they wanted.

It was pretty bad. Not sure why I'm going to see them again. I'm expecting the same hoping for the best.

At least you got to see them! Back in '92 me and 2 buddies had tickets in hand (for G'n'R and Metallica) and my buddy's gold '78 T/A loaded down with beer. We were just getting ready to drive 8 hrs. to Denver from KS when we heard the show was cancelled. I guess they had a riot in Montreal due to the same reason you mentioned. Needless to say we ended up sitting on the railroad tracks north of town that night drinking our sorrows away. :bigcry:

johnnyrauder
05-18-2016, 03:11 PM
Randy Hansen = the best Hendrix tribute,, youtube it

thanks i did. he is good i would see him. however he isnt anywhere near me. ill be on the look out.

chief455
05-18-2016, 05:54 PM
Babe.

Babe to the 8th power.

Babeusmaximus.
Yes, and her live show is very well done. Chick can sing full out for 2 hours, and be hot the entire time.

I've seen 3 of them, usually done every year. Amazing.
Another is Uli Jon Roth - he did a tribute tour, including Randy Hanson, years ago. I have the concert from Germany. Amazing, and not the usual 'Purple Haze' crap.
Tour is over for 2016, but check Hendrix Tribute website:

http://www.experiencehendrixtour.com/

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/922/NOhfbE.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/pmNOhfbEj)

WhatsUpDOHC
05-18-2016, 07:33 PM
I'm going to see that other Joe Walsh and
Bad Co in beautiful, downtown, Camden, NJ.

johnnyrauder
05-18-2016, 07:43 PM
check Hendrix Tribute website: i just put it my favs. maybe they will have more dates.

Motorhead350
05-23-2016, 01:27 PM
Oh Boy don't get me started on a list of bands/acts that I missed out on... oh wait... here it comes....

Green Day 90s Era
The Cramps
The Ramones
The Sex Pistols
The Kinks
The Clash
The Jam
Generation X
Ritchie Valens
Buddy Holly
Eddie Cochran
Little Richard (unable to perform)
Beatles 1965 and before era
Johnny Thunders and The Heartbreakers
Operation Ivy
Hank Williams Sr.
Robert Johnson
The 2 Live Crew
The Stray Cats
The Gun Club
The Circle Jerks
The Dave Clark Five
Ricky Nelson
Hasil Adkins

Probably more...

Being an old schooler sucks sometimes...

ShadyLurker
05-24-2016, 08:57 AM
Joe Walsh and Bad Company this weekend! Scored some Puscifer tickets for November.
Taking the kids to see Panic at the Disco and Weezer in June and Twenty One Pilots next Feb

RF Overlord
05-24-2016, 09:11 AM
Although I think Axl Rose is an asshat, I've seen some bootleg videos of him singing with AC/DC in place of Brian Johnson and I have to say I was impressed. I'd like to see that live.

Mr. Man
05-24-2016, 10:19 AM
I rather be waterboarded than be forced to sit through The Clash, worst singer since Yoko! I agree with many of your other pics Dom. Some though I will admit I never heard of.

Would have liked to see Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, Mamas and the Papas. Just missed out on BB King, Would have liked to have seen AC/DC with Bonn Scott and the original Deep Purple lineup.

Motorhead350
05-24-2016, 04:19 PM
I rather be waterboarded than be forced to sit through The Clash, worst singer since Yoko! I agree with many of your other pics Dom. Some though I will admit I never heard of.

Would have liked to see Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, Mamas and the Papas. Just missed out on BB King, Would have liked to have seen AC/DC with Bonn Scott and the original Deep Purple lineup.

I agree, Joe Strummer (Clash) isn't a great singer, but that doesn't bother me. Sometimes I like a band or song for the lyrics, even if I don't like the vocal style. Or maybe the message behind the song as suppose to the way it sounds.

I really love Thieves by Ministry for the lyrics.... A LOT, but I'd rather listen to Gene Vincent and His Blue Caps.... Be Bop A Lula.

I don't like pop music at all past 1964 really, but LOVE LOVE LOVE the bass sound in the song Swing Swing by The All American Rejects... that bass is all I like about that band or song.

Music is broken down to me, I can ignore what I don't like and appreciate the rest or like swing swing, ignore all, but what thing and still listen to it.

It's weird I know.

Maybe like a hot rod/car build... you might dislike a 240Z, but when it has an LS1, it's a whole other beast.

lji372
05-24-2016, 06:33 PM
Maybe Dixie chicks......maybe........

J-MAN
05-24-2016, 07:46 PM
Maybe Dixie chicks......maybe........

Will you be taking that PO that you posed the question to last year? :D

1Marauder
05-27-2016, 07:38 PM
Saw the dead Kennedys when THEY were 17 in Sacramento at aftermath records parking lot.

Now I am old:

Austin Music festival
Jimmy buffet
Journey

All this summer fall.

Joe Walsh
05-28-2016, 09:33 AM
I'm going to see that other Joe Walsh and
Bad Co in beautiful, downtown, Camden, NJ.

Joe Walsh and Bad Company this weekend! Scored some Puscifer tickets for November.
Taking the kids to see Panic at the Disco and Weezer in June and Twenty One Pilots next Feb

+2!

Going to see the other Joe Walsh at PIER 6 in August!

Davesvt2000
05-29-2016, 06:25 AM
Last Saturday night I saw the scorpions in Las Vegas at the joint at the hard rock. It was awesome.

lji372
05-29-2016, 09:25 AM
Will you be taking that PO that you posed the question to last year? :D

ppo wut?

Motorhead350
05-29-2016, 06:21 PM
Saw the dead Kennedys when THEY were 17 in Sacramento at aftermath records parking lot.

Now I am old:

I wish I was old.

RF Overlord
05-31-2016, 02:18 PM
I wish I was old.No. You don't.

You: :sing: :burn:

Me: :geezer:

BLACKMARAUDER04
06-01-2016, 01:31 PM
I have seen many concerts and sporting events so far this year.

All LA Kings home games - Staples Center
WWE - Staples Center
Blue Oyster Cult - Seban Theatre (upgraded to 10th row for free)
David Gilmore - Forum
Bad Company and Joe Walsh - Forum
The Who - Staples Center

Next Week: Temptations June 10th - Seban Theatre

Many more to come this summer.

jerrym3
06-01-2016, 04:08 PM
I have seen many concerts and sporting events so far this year.

All LA Kings home games - Staples Center
WWE - Staples Center
Blue Oyster Cult - Seban Theatre (upgraded to 10th row for free)
David Gilmore - Forum
Bad Company and Joe Walsh - Forum

Next Week: Temptations June 10th - Seban Theatre

Many more to come this summer.

How was David Gilmore?

When I'm on my computer, I can't decide if I want to listen to Pink Floyd, Moody Blues, or Alan Parsons.

Unfortunately, most of my favorite groups/singers from the 50's/early 60's have passed on or don't sound like they used to.

BLACKMARAUDER04
06-02-2016, 04:12 PM
David Gilmore's Guitar playing is awesome.
Played many Pink Floyd Songs and a few of his own.

Motorhead350
06-02-2016, 04:16 PM
No. You don't.

You: :sing: :burn:

Me: :geezer:

I don't think you understand Bob.

If I was old, I would have been there for the music I actually like. Car's too, before they became rust piles.