PDA

View Full Version : Another sleeper list

slickster
06-22-2016, 06:15 PM
Factory sc car at 8:19 �� https://youtu.be/s2onwA_JnF0

Bluerauder
06-22-2016, 06:35 PM
Factory sc car at 8:19 �� https://youtu.be/s2onwA_JnF0

Looks like Steve's "Black Sunshine" from Kentucky. He sold it back in July 2015. The intro to the Marauder gave the stock OEM specs of 302 HP and 318 TQ; but the car was obviously supercharged using a centrifugal set-up. Wonder why they didn't give the "as modified" specs ???

Did you notice that the "Check Engine Light" came on after he topped 6,000 RPMs ??

slickster
06-22-2016, 06:45 PM
302 sc hp? Must be rienhart tuned

Zack
06-22-2016, 08:13 PM
Looks like Steve's "Black Sunshine" from Kentucky. He sold it not too long ago. The intro to the Marauder gave the stock OEM specs of 302 HP and 318 TQ; but the car was obviously supercharged using a centrifugal set-up. Wonder why they didn't give the "as modified" specs ???

Did you notice that the "Check Engine Light" came on after he topped 6,000 RPMs ??

It was a different car and it was the low fuel light

Ms. Denmark
06-23-2016, 02:39 AM
IIRC Steve's car wasn't supercharged.

justbob
06-23-2016, 04:52 AM
IIRC Steve's car wasn't supercharged.

ProCharged.

Sent from my iThrone using Tapatalk

Bluerauder
06-23-2016, 05:29 AM

That engine bay is identical to Embassy's/Steve's "Black Sunshine" car and exactly matches his day before it was sold pics back in July 2015. He had the FIT #3 P1SC Procharger. Can't remember who bought the car. On closer look, that light is the "Low Fuel" light. My mistake.

Mebot
06-23-2016, 05:33 AM
Can't remember who bought the car.

Cpe6

Can't stop the signal...

Zack
06-23-2016, 07:37 AM
That engine bay is identical to Embassy's/Steve's "Black Sunshine" car and exactly matches his day before it was sold pics back in July 2015. He had the FIT #3 P1SC Procharger. Can't remember who bought the car. On closer look, that light is the "Low Fuel" light. My mistake.

The driving video is a different car. It even says Ben Vollmuth in the lower left corner

Embassy
06-29-2016, 08:17 AM

Actually, that is my old Marauder at 8:16. I took that video right before it was sold.

I pulled it onto the street and filmed it right before the new owner took delivery. :cool4:

JustRight
06-29-2016, 10:49 AM
Actually, that is my old Marauder at 8:16. I took that video right before it was sold.

I pulled it onto the street and filmed it right before the new owner took delivery. Keeping a black car clean is not a hobby. It's a part-time job. :cool4:

Your signature is spot on. I have a black Silverado that I fought hard water spots for years. I finally gave up, acid washed the remaining water spots off and haven't washed it since. That was seven years ago. Instead, I spray it down with Showtime and buff it off. It takes less time. I buy that stuff by the case because I've never washed my wife's new car either, ever.

P.S. Very quick MM in the video.

Embassy
06-29-2016, 11:01 AM
Your signature is spot on. I have a black Silverado that I fought hard water spots for years. I finally gave up, acid washed the remaining water spots off and haven't washed it since. That was seven years ago. Instead, I spray it down with Showtime and buff it off. It takes less time. I buy that stuff buy the case because I've never washed my wife's new car either, ever.

P.S. Very quick MM in the video.

Try adding a water softener to your garden hose or washer. That should help.

JustRight
06-29-2016, 03:18 PM
Try adding a water softener to your garden hose or washer. That should help.

Tried every gizmo known to man. Here in NW FL, we have great water if you go down to the deepest (artesian) aquifer. Only, it is heavy with lime.

You're correct about a softener if your speaking of the one that uses salt. Then, the salt becomes the issue.

The upper (surficial) aquifer is only 20-30 ft down, undrinkable, but great for washing cars. The county won't give me a permit for a second well.

cat in the hat
06-29-2016, 07:21 PM
I always thought water spots were from rain, not wash water. When you wash it, you dry it - how would wash water make spots?

Bluerauder
06-30-2016, 04:04 AM
I always thought water spots were from rain, not wash water. When you wash it, you dry it - how would wash water make spots?

It could be both since both rainwater and wash water/ tap water contain minerals. Rainwater is typically soft and contains only dissolved salts (and whatever else is in your air). Tap water used for washing generally contains calcium and magnesium. Well water might also have a high iron content in your area. The amount of these minerals determines if you have hard or soft water depending on the area that you live in. High mineral content results in "hard water".

Water spots are the result of water droplets on the car drying and leaving behind some of the mineral residue. It takes me about 20-25 minutes to completely dry my car using an Absorber/Chamois. In bright sun, half the car will dry before I can even get to it. Washing in the shade helps some. My solution is to keep wetting the car ahead of where I have already dried it off. That prevents complete drying before I can get to it. Works fine for me.

Years ago, I used the Mr. Clean Auto Dry system. It had a built-in filter to filter out the minerals in the water and let the car dry without waterspots. It was good; but couldn't completely eliminate waterspots if the car was left to dry on its own. I still had to use an Absorber/Chamois. I stopped using it after awhile because the replacement filters were kinda expensive and gradually became hard to find.

Keeping the car in good shape also helps. I claybar and wax every Spring and Fall. Wash and ICE detailer work fine in between.

JustRight
06-30-2016, 07:12 AM
It could be both since both rainwater and wash water/ tap water contain minerals. Rainwater is typically soft and contains only dissolved salts (and whatever else is in your air). Tap water used for washing generally contains calcium and magnesium. Well water might also have a high iron content in your area. The amount of these minerals determines if you have hard or soft water depending on the area that you live in. High mineral content results in "hard water".

Water spots are the result of water droplets on the car drying and leaving behind some of the mineral residue. It takes me about 20-25 minutes to completely dry my car using an Absorber/Chamois. In bright sun, half the car will dry before I can even get to it. Washing in the shade helps some. My solution is to keep wetting the car ahead of where I have already dried it off. That prevents complete drying before I can get to it. Works fine for me.

Years ago, I used the Mr. Clean Auto Dry system. It had a built-in filter to filter out the minerals in the water and let the car dry without waterspots. It was good; but couldn't completely eliminate waterspots if the car was left to dry on its own. I still had to use an Absorber/Chamois. I stopped using it after awhile because the replacement filters were kinda expensive and gradually became hard to find.

Keeping the car in good shape also helps. I claybar and wax every Spring and Fall. Wash and ICE detailer work fine in between.

You nailed this one.:bows:

sailsmen
06-30-2016, 08:13 AM
After the hurricanes in 2005 there was no rain for a long time. When it did rain it was acid rain and etched the paint.
Only way to get it off was to sand the clear coat which I did not do because it's so thin on the MM.