PDA

View Full Version : Shipping tires

RubberCtyRauder
07-14-2016, 07:36 AM
Just as info:

I got charged $9.00 per tire for "non-traditional packaging" when shipping two tires loose, without rims, not bundled together thru FEDEX Home delivery/Ground. Glad my tires are gone and went to a good member.

It is not well marked in their shipping guidelines and does not even say "tires" subject to this charge, just vague "gray" area wording BS. When quoting online, there is a box to check if "non traditional packaging". They were not packaged so why would I check that box? and did not exceed their girth dimension.

Lessen learned,,no more tire shipping for me..Fed EX, UPS etc. all give discounts/contracts to the large online tire dealers so it isn't a point for them.

lji372
07-14-2016, 08:12 AM
Just as info:

I got charged $9.00 per tire for "non-traditional packaging" when shipping two tires loose, without rims, not bundled together thru FEDEX Home delivery/Ground. Glad my tires are gone and went to a good member.

It is not well marked in their shipping guidelines and does not even say "tires" subject to this charge, just vague "gray" area wording BS. When quoting online, there is a box to check if "non traditional packaging". They were not packaged so why would I check that box? and did not exceed their girth dimension.

Lessen learned,,no more tire shipping for me..Fed EX, UPS etc. all give discounts/contracts to the large online tire dealers so it isn't a point for them.

there goes your retirement... :P

RubberCtyRauder
07-14-2016, 08:28 AM
there goes your retirement... :P

At least it wasn't $8.00 per tire:D

Ourobos
07-14-2016, 10:25 AM
I guess if it's not in a square box, it's non-traditional.. Fedex is the cheapest route that I've found on tires though.

MOTOWN
07-14-2016, 03:20 PM
That's normal Mark , UPS also charges oversized tire fee.

CoreyM75
07-14-2016, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the tires. I'll bring you a six pack of local beer to Marauderville. That might ease the sting of shipping tires and maybe get you in the Dutch rudder mood.

Turbov6Bryan
07-14-2016, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the tires. I'll bring you a six pack of local beer to Marauderville. That might ease the sting of shipping tires and maybe get you in the Dutch rudder mood.

DTR. DUTCH TWIST RUDDER

lji372
07-14-2016, 04:49 PM
He won't go to Louisville. You can bring me angry orchard. Thank you in advance.

RubberCtyRauder
07-14-2016, 04:50 PM
DTR. DUTCH TWIST RUDDER

is that like an Indian burn?

RubberCtyRauder
07-14-2016, 04:53 PM

im good Corey, no six pack needed. im glad they are not in my basement. i have 11 rims in my basement, 9 have tires on them

Turbov6Bryan
07-14-2016, 05:32 PM
is that like an Indian burn?

It could lead to a burning feeling

CoreyM75
07-14-2016, 09:48 PM
It could lead to a burning feeling
Burning usually shows up about three to six weeks after and sometimes has a severe rash.

CoreyM75
07-14-2016, 09:49 PM
He won't go to Louisville. You can bring me angry orchard. Thank you in advance.
Angry Orchard? My wife drinks that stuff.