PDA

View Full Version : Neighbor guy just bought a 2002 CV sport......

Turbov6Bryan
07-16-2016, 11:44 AM
Sooo apparently he has been eyeballing the MM in the driveway,.. and pulls up last night with a black on grey 02 sport

First words out of my mouth were..... Ummm almost right LOL

I warned him that for that amount he could find a MM and have xxxxxyyyyyyy suspension etc. yada yada yada

At least he has a nice car and actually loves it,..

He's a car guy, this ought to get interesting

MERCURY 2003LSE
07-16-2016, 11:56 AM
Get him to join and post some pics :beer:

crownvic97
07-16-2016, 12:09 PM
Hey, still a decent choice in vehicle!

jay87lx
07-16-2016, 02:07 PM
Hey, still a decent choice in vehicle!

For sure, nice cars

Hopefully he wont start inquiring about a DOHC swap

Marauderman
07-16-2016, 02:52 PM
Hey--I got an '04 black interior and Silver Birch exterior--and love it --used as my DD --got it from original owner with 87K on the clock--now has 97K--your right an almost MM as it has much of its interior---was to get one in '03 but as all know I got the MM as in my sig---great car/s anyway!!

MERCURY 2003LSE
07-16-2016, 02:55 PM
For sure, nice cars

Nobody cares about engine upgrades or power adders :)
Ask about Marauder bumpers for a Crown Vic - LOOKOUT !! :D:D :banana:

Turbov6Bryan
07-16-2016, 02:56 PM
For sure, nice cars

No, I'm not going to let him know about the 16 to 32 valve swap..

But bumpers and wheels were a topic last night... Offfff courrrrrse wants to marauderize it. Lol

It's actually a nice car,... I'll get pics soon. It's 104 outside.... Nope

Turbov6Bryan
07-16-2016, 02:58 PM

It's like you were reading my mind lol

A little lite reading lol

Spectragod
07-16-2016, 03:03 PM

I making my marauder a Vic clone, getting all the parts together for the swap, all the parts to make it a Vic were $8.

MERCURY 2003LSE
07-16-2016, 03:09 PM
But bumpers and wheels were a topic last night... Offfff courrrrrse wants to marauderize it. Lol

Get him to join and start inquiring about Marauderizing it :D:D
He will be met with open arms :D:D

MERCURY 2003LSE
07-16-2016, 03:10 PM
I making my marauder a Vic clone, getting all the parts together for the swap, all the parts to make it a Vic were $8.

OMG that funny :D:D:banana:

Not as good as the pushbar joke , I still chuckle at that still .

CoreyM75
07-16-2016, 07:06 PM

If you actually did that it would be a sleeper. It wouldn't look that bad and in a day it could be changed back.

1Marauder
12-08-2018, 12:33 PM
Gotta admit, love driving the CVSport for daily use. I even sold the new Highlander to do so! (BTW, the 10 highlander payments I avoided, have almost paid for the Sport! Now the monthly $500 can be used to update it).

No stress driving the CVSport in public OR leaving it in parking lot during dinners or Movies.

In the MM's, I can't avoid watching the reiwview mirror, for texting drivers, in order to avoid a rear end slam, and have trouble leaving it out of line of site for extended periods of time.

While I am not going to Marauderize it, some updates (larger wheels, larger rubber, exhaust, MM Maf, etc) do naturally lead it to be more similar.

gdmjoe
12-08-2018, 01:35 PM
Turbov6Bryan ... wheels were a topic last night...
Since it's a 2002, in order to use the Marauder rims, wheel adapters will be necessary - high quality, 1½", hub centric.

Turbov6Bryan
12-09-2018, 08:05 AM
This was a few years ago
My neighbor ended up selling the 2002 crown Vic sport to A Mercury marauder guy that I believe is on this board but definitely on Facebook.

I recently acquired a 2003 crown Vic sport that is TS silver frost with light flint interior and the interior code ends with a C. On GDM Joe Website my actual interior code is not mentioned

It took me a little bit to figure out that the interior code if it ends with a C and then it is definitely light Flint. But what's funny is the dash in the center consul is not even close to the same color as the Marauder it's a light mud looking gray

Fun Carter, I just drive the crap out of it that's all

gdmjoe
12-10-2018, 06:45 PM
Turbov6Bryan ... I recently acquired a 2003 crown Vic sport that is TS silver frost with light flint interior and the interior code ends with a C. On GDM Joe Website my actual interior code is not mentioned
For the 2003 LX Sport (Leather Seating Surfaces, 5-Passenger) the trim code is TC *As per the order guide.

It was KC for the 2004 and 2005 models.

It took me a little bit to figure out that the interior code if it ends with a C and then it is definitely light Flint. But what's funny is the dash in the center consul is not even close to the same color as the Marauder it's a light mud looking gray
It's ... Med. Dk. Flint - interior paint # M4JZ-19M547-2004H *As per the Motorcraft 2003 Interior Paint Availability Chart.

Turbov6Bryan
12-11-2018, 05:21 AM
Thank you very much

So it's medium light flint???
Not just light flint?

It does look like a different shade, not as bright as light flint...

It's extra ugly with the medium light flint door panels too!