PDA

View Full Version : DTR Haters

fordfrk
07-21-2016, 07:25 PM
Few nights ago, Hammerdown's DTR got egged.:mad::mad:

After spending a few hours cleaning off the eggs, I began to wonder why there are so many DTR haters when there are so many rice burners that could have gotten some EGG.

I got the car back to a nice shine, but it's still slow.:D

(BTW, about 10 other cars on our street got the egg treatment)

MOTOWN
07-21-2016, 07:26 PM
Kids most likely being punks thinking it's funny.

03Merc
07-21-2016, 07:27 PM
I Love Haters!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HammerDown
07-21-2016, 07:28 PM

After spending a few hours cleaning off the eggs, I began to wonder why there are so many DTR haters when there are so many rice burners that could have gotten some EGG.

Hello, not slow when I'm driving it :P

crownvic97
07-21-2016, 07:48 PM
DTR jokes are before my time, but I still enjoy them! :D

lji372
07-21-2016, 08:00 PM
Hatred is a motivator :2thumbs:

8UWITH6
07-21-2016, 08:26 PM
Put car in garage, no eggs will reach it.

Mr. Man
07-21-2016, 09:41 PM
Sorry to hear Jack. My rig got hit a few years ago and the little turds cracked the clear coat. HS kids most likely. If you find out who did it, press charges.

Ms. Denmark
07-22-2016, 04:34 AM
Hello, not slow when I'm driving it :P I'm a witness! :eek: You go Girlfriend!

Bluerauder
07-22-2016, 04:48 AM

Sorry to hear about this. Little dirtbags have no respect for anyone or anything. :mad:

HammerDown
07-22-2016, 07:09 AM
Put car in garage, no eggs will reach it.

Only have a 1-car garage, and Fordfrk's SB claims that spot (he got his new and it's always been garaged). So now when not driving the DTR, we'll cover it.......

Mr. Man
07-22-2016, 07:18 AM
Only have a 1-car garage, and Fordfrk's SB claims that spot (he got his new and it's always been garaged). So now when not driving the DTR, we'll cover it.......Just keep an eye on the dust build up, if any, when covered. Micro dust got under my cover and scratched the paint. If you have a paved drive it may not be a problem. I had a Noah cover and the neighborhood cats also enjoyed it both for sleeping and scratching. If I were going to get another cover I would try some other brand and spray it with cat repellent.:)

HammerDown
07-22-2016, 12:21 PM
Just keep an eye on the dust build up, if any, when covered. Micro dust got under my cover and scratched the paint. If you have a paved drive it may not be a problem. I had a Noah cover and the neighborhood cats also enjoyed it both for sleeping and scratching. If I were going to get another cover I would try some other brand and spray it with cat repellent.:)

Yes, Jack's always checking for the dust; so far no scratches other than what was already there when I got the car.

On another note, we saw two other vehicles that got the "egg" treatment and these peeps have not cleaned it off yet. This happened the wee hours of Wednesday morning :eek:; fried eggs for sure after this heat

slickster
07-22-2016, 12:31 PM
One of many reasons I posted about dash cams. http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=101621

Catfish
07-22-2016, 12:40 PM
Trump will restore Law and Order to this country. No more eggings after Jan. 20th.

Spectragod
07-22-2016, 02:25 PM
Trump will restore Law and Order to this country. No more eggings after Jan. 20th.

No clue about that, but for certain.......

It won't be as bad as it is now
Our only other choice should be criminally charged

:flamer: :flamer: :flamer:

Mr. Man
07-22-2016, 03:03 PM
Yes, Jack's always checking for the dust; so far no scratches other than what was already there when I got the car.

On another note, we saw two other vehicles that got the "egg" treatment and these peeps have not cleaned it off yet. This happened the wee hours of Wednesday morning :eek:; fried eggs for sure after this heat
Dried egg is a bear to get off. I found HOT soapy water on a rag that you could rest over the dried egg for a few minutes loosened it up well enough to wipe off. If it gets into cracks and such keep at it with the HOT water it will eventually break free.

guspech750
07-22-2016, 07:13 PM
Well DTR's do suck.

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

Jolly Roger
07-23-2016, 10:41 AM

Be glad that it wasn't hard boiled like the one that hit my black on Halloween the year that I bought it.
Fracture spot on paint is still there.:mad: